Fun What DON'T you miss from other card games?

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
As someone who switched over from Yu-Gi-Oh! and still keeps up with it, it's been interesting being reminded of all the things I don't miss about it. If you switched over to Pokemon, what's something from your previous card game you're glad to leave behind?

Pokemon's had those, too, though. (Night March is very much one until it's fully set up, for example.) And considering how integral search cards are to Pokemon, most decks are solitaire-esque to a degree. (Especially in item-heavy formats.)

Realistically, I think my list of what other card games have that Pokemon lacks would be much larger. It kind of bothers me that Pokemon has barely ever had any ways to interact with the opponent in their turn. (Power Spray being the only notable one. The fact that it, Mysterious Treasures Alakazam and Koga's Ninja Trick are basically the only times in Pokemon's history this has been possible bothers me.)

Pokemon's had those, too, though. (Night March is very much one until it's fully set up, for example.) And considering how integral search cards are to Pokemon, most decks are solitaire-esque to a degree. (Especially in item-heavy formats.)

Realistically, I think my list of what other card games have that Pokemon lacks would be much larger. It kind of bothers me that Pokemon has barely ever had any ways to interact with the opponent in their turn. (Power Spray being the only notable one. The fact that it, Mysterious Treasures Alakazam and Koga's Ninja Trick are basically the only times in Pokemon's history this has been possible bothers me.)
Realistically, I think it's just compounded by the fact that you can make a 40-card yugioYu- deck. 20 cards makes a heck of a difference in consistency. I agree with you on that though, I'm actually not too personally familiar with any others that are like that.

Back