XY What do you think X and Y's storyline will be? What about the 3rd version?

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato
Xerneas is the embodiment of good. Yveltal is the embodiment of evil.

In Pokémon X, the team seeks to destroy Yveltal. They have good intentions. However, the team fails to realize that by eliminating evil, all that is left is good, and thus, free will ceases to exist. In Pokémon Y, the team seeks to destroy Xerneas, thus ending good. They have evil intentions. This brings about the same issue. In theoretical Pokémon Z, both teams attempt to capture Zilphyx, the embodiment of free will, in order to genetically alter it with a DNA sample from Xerneas/Yveltal that they obtained a year ago. (Z takes place a year after X/Y) The plan is to bind Zilphyx with good/evil, thus ending free will. Both teams are quite aware of what they are doing, but are still determined. However, the player stops them. The DNA sample is obtained by the player. The player gives them to Professor Patrice. Professor Patrice alters the DNA samples, as she is a genetics expert, so that they will not bind Zilphyx with good/evil, but will instead raise Zilphyx's Sp. Atk if combined with Xerneas' DNA and raise Zilphyx's Attack when combined with Yveltal's DNA.

I chose the name Zilphyx for a few reasons.
1. Starts with Z
2. Zil rhymes with will
3. Ph makes the 'f' sound as in free.
4. I included the letters X and Y.

This is assuming that GF doesn't pull a X2/Y2 or XX/XY.
This is my theory. What's yours?

Xerneas is a Mammal, while Yveltal is a Bird and Mammals have XY sex chromosomes, while birds have ZW sex chromosomes, so maybe the third games may be Pokémon Z and W. Also, when birds were starting to become more Mammal-like, creatures called Monotremes started to exist, as they have 9 or 10 different sex chromosomes; one end is Mammal and the other end bird.
There are only two really different kind of Monotremes and they are Echidnas and Platypus', so the mascot for Z could be a Platypus and the mascot for W, an Echidna.

I think there will be a definite DNA/genetics theme, hence x and y (female and male determining chromosomes) and the new professor could well be a professor of pokemon genetics. The new evil team could be trying to genetically engineer something?

leecario said:
I think there will be a definite DNA/genetics theme, hence x and y (female and male determining chromosomes) and the new professor could well be a professor of pokemon genetics. The new evil team could be trying to genetically engineer something?

Yeah, maybe the evil team get some DNA from Xern and Yvel and make the 3 versions mascot(s)

Xerneas is the Lord of the Land and Fertility. Without him, the Land would die and plants wouldn't grow.

Yveltal is the Lord of the Sky. Without him, the Sky would turn full of thunderstorms.

Both represent mother Nature, Xerneas being the Land Deity/Lord and Yveltal the Sky's Deity/Lord. Z(insert whatever comes here), would be the Water Deity/Lord. The evil team tries to control nature to (whatever purpose they want) by capturing Xerneas/Yveltal. The team in Y wants to control the sky (with a bunch of early birds and useless Pokemon such as Zubat) while the team in X wants to control the land (with a bunch of early rodents and other useless Pokemon such as Slakoth). In Z both teams fight for which useless Pokemon are better for the power over the one they want (because if both are captured, the world would be destroyed) but team up when they discover that a random 10-year old is beating them completely.

This is very similar to what happened in Gen 3, RSE remakes!

Blob55 said:
Xerneas is a Mammal, while Yveltal is a Bird and Mammals have XY sex chromosomes, while birds have ZW sex chromosomes, so maybe the third games may be Pokémon Z and W. Also, when birds were starting to become more Mammal-like, creatures called Monotremes started to exist, as they have 9 or 10 different sex chromosomes; one end is Mammal and the other end bird.
There are only two really different kind of Monotremes and they are Echidnas and Platypus', so the mascot for Z could be a Platypus and the mascot for W, an Echidna.

I believe I've heard the Z and W theory somewhere else. Don't remember where though. It makes sense except for: how would an echidna form a W and a platypus form a Z? Interestingly, a serpentine Pokémon could form both a W and a Z. I feel that a serpentine 3rd legendary mascot is highly likely in that:
1: Yggdrassil (spelling?) Norse mythology theory shows that a serpentine creature is missing from the trio.
2. A serpent could form a Z
3. If there is a Z and W, the serpent could have a W forme and a Z forme.
4. We have an air legend and a ground legend. A serpent makes sense for a water-dwelling legend.

AdamLambert said:
Blob55 said:

I believe I've heard the Z and W theory somewhere else. Don't remember where though. It makes sense except for: how would an echidna form a W and a platypus form a Z? Interestingly, a serpentine Pokémon could form both a W and a Z. I feel that a serpentine 3rd legendary mascot is highly likely in that:
1: Yggdrassil (spelling?) Norse mythology theory shows that a serpentine creature is missing from the trio.

I'm not saying that a Platypuss would form from Z or an Echidna from W, as Yveltal doesn't form from Y; it's just the name of the game.
All I'm saying is X and Y seem to be based on Mammal chromosomes, but Yveltal is a bird, so the 3rd games should be the bird chromosomes IMO.

Blob55 said:
AdamLambert said:

I'm not saying that a Platypuss would form from Z or an Echidna from W, as Yveltal doesn't form from Y; it's just the name of the game.
All I'm saying is X and Y seem to be based on Mammal chromosomes, but Yveltal is a bird, so the 3rd games should be the bird chromosomes IMO.

Yeah, I totally agree that Z and W would make sense.

Wait...Yveltal doesn't form a Y? Since when? Haven't you seen the first XY trailer, When Yveltal spreads its wings?

chara12_knuckles-Copy.png
Perry_The_Platypus_2.png

AdamLambert said:
Blob55 said:

Wait...Yveltal doesn't form a Y? Since when? Haven't you seen the first XY trailer, When Yveltal spreads its wings?

form from, not a

They would likely not repeat already existing themes, so Xerneas and Yveltal as guardians of specific 'spheres (like biosphere and atmosphere) is probably out.

The villain team definitely feels like it would have some sort of science/bio theme, but not really along the lines of RSE. Less concerned about the environment as a whole and more about the living things in it. Also the DNA logo is a really important thing. And I am sticking to Xerneas = life and Yveltal = death until the plot blatantly proves otherwise.

This could go quite a few ways. Either...
A) Villain team is a company with the DNA logo that is trying to perfect humans and/or Pokemon. Starts out friendly and gives you the bracelet/watch thing that will likely function similar to the C-Gear, but once you learn that they want to capture the two legendaries and use them to advance their research you go against them because idk taking the legends away from their special spots or angering them/making them sad would kill everything I guess.
B) DNA company is good and rivals with an evil company or the villain team. Villain team wants to either use Xerneas's life powers to make themselves and their Pokemon stronger than everyone else and take over, or use Yveltal's death powers to weaken those who would stand in their way to region domination. You help the DNA company defeat the leaders and save the region.
C) DNA company and villain team are unrelated, but villains are still evil. Pretty much B except the DNA company just gives you the C-Gear equivalent and otherwise doesn't interact with the story at all. You beat the villains on your own cause you're a coolkid.

Aaaaaaand yeah there could probably be a million different interpretations. There's also the question of how important the side characters will be this time around. Gen 5 made the move of giving the rivals, professor, and gym leaders a lot more importance, which in my opinion was an awesome move. Do you think they'll continue the trend, or go back to how it was in the older generations?

AdamLambert said:
Blob55 said:

I meant to say "come from". I don't know how I typo'd that...

I think the evil team should try and find a way to de-evolve creatures (Not in the Pokémon-world sense, as it's been mentioned that "Relicanth is a Pokémon species that existed for a hundred million years without ever changing its form", so it can be assumed that almost all other Pokémon have changed).

FloodBadge said:
chara12_knuckles-Copy.png
Perry_The_Platypus_2.png

AdamLambert said:

form from, not a

Ah. Yes. None of them form FROM a letter. But they look like one.

Here is my crazy theory:
I will be using X version for the sake of clarity, if you get Y version, just swap out the legendaries and the teams.
In each game, there will be two "teams" that are less petty criminal organization like before, but rather scientific super powers. The two companies will be rivals with each other and both focus on genetic manipulation of Pokemon, both with hopes of creating the most powerful Pokemon ever. Both were inspired by Rocket's Mewtwo project, and will be working of that as a base. After a while, the "good" X-corp (not that X-corp) will successfully create Xerneas, not awaken it like in all other games. And around that same time, the "evil" Y-corp will create Yveltal. X-corp will somehow lose control of Xerneas and hire YOU, the player to capture it. At the same time, Y-corp will have trained Yveltal to hunt down Xerneas to capture it so they can have both Pokemon, taking all of X-corp's success. At the crescendo, Y-corp finds out that you are helping their rivals and send special troops (the equivalent to the grunts) to take you out, they fail, like always, and Y-corp the sends in the various leaders to take you out. Next, you are cornered by the leader of Y-corp, the final boss of the enemy teams, it all seems hopeless for you. Later, Xerneas sees you trying to help it and it joins you and lets you catch it. Shortly after, Yveltal finds you and you must use Xern to defeat it as well as the Y-corp boss. In the end, Y-corp is in dept as their "perfect" project ultimately failed, and X-corp recognizes you as an official member of their organization and lets you keep Xern as a reward. However, Y-corp is still mad and creates the new Mewtwo form to hunt you down as well. End of X version (it's meant to be a cliff hanger), and the sequel version(s) will start off with Mewtwo hunting down the player. Also, in the second version(s) Y-corp recaptures Yveltal and "improves" it, giving it a new form (because GF loves forms), but it goes crazy and attacks the scientists, like Mewtwo did in the first movie. In the second games, you will be able to capture both Mewtwo's form and Yveltal in the process of the main plot.
(I forgot to mention that you will have to investigate the Y-corp labs to find data on Yveltal and their future plans)
However, I hope that the official games will come up with better names than X-corp and Y-corp.

It would be so cool if they were to make a team that had great knowledge about genetics etc, and in the beginning they help you. But mid-game to late-game, they realize they a lot of power, and they start to misuse it; leaving you to stop them.

Blob55 said:

Ouch, this hurts.

In what world did birds become ''more mammel-like''? Mammals existed before birds did.

Birds, or Aves, are a subset of Sauropsida, which belongs to the class Reptilia. Mammals, also including monotremes, are synapsida. Both belongs to the superclass of tetrapoda, but this superclass includes every animal from amphibian, to reptile, to bird, and mammal. Mammals have evolved from synapsida, not from birds. Thus, monotremes do not have ''one end bird sex chromosomes, and the other end mammal sex chromosomes''. The whole phrase does not make sense either, since a chromosome is unique to the organism, and can hardly be called ''part one organism, and part another organism''.

Monotremes may lay eggs, but so do reptiles, and fish. Other mammals lay eggs as well, however they develop in the uterus, and do not contain the hard outer shell, but instead a soft membrane. Monotremes do not have a beak like birds do, their upper lip is extended to form a large sensory organ, the bottom lip does not have a protrusion like birds have. But this beak-like structure of the monotremes has no evolutionary relation with the beak of a bird.

Pokemon XY Plot:

Team X: "We are evil."
Team Y: "We are also evil."

And then they both surrender because France.

Pokemon Z Plot:

Team Z (the remnants Team X and Y united): "Oh jesus, it's the 10 year old that beat our asses x years ago! WE SURRENDER BECAUSE FRANCE"

Back