What do you think the next rotation is?

DeckMaster

MasterOfMaking
Slowbro said:
SheNinja said:
Where is your source that basic energy is always legal?

It's just a normal card with no name that can be counted for reprints.

Now the more I think about it I think it will be either no rotation or they will add it into the next set and not rotate until that set is released.
It's always been legal. However, the reason for that is because there's always been basic energy in format. I would be willing to bet that (never gonna happen tho) if there was no basic energy in format, it wouldn't be legal. However, there has and always will be basic energy legal. That, and the fact that pokemon hasn't announced rotation yet lead me to believe there will be no rotation this year.
So far that is what I think to and alot of people I know

Sheodon

The Orient Gamer
Ban all the EXs, they ruined the game. (Along with trainers like Catcher.)

It's really similar to how broken was the first format of the game. They should fix it as soon as possible.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Sheodon said:
Ban all the EXs, they ruined the game. (Along with trainers like Catcher.)

It's really similar to how broken was the first format of the game. They should fix it as soon as possible.
It's not even close. Despite big basics being good right now, there are good cards that aren't basics/EX's. Just look at the Nationals winning deck. We're also getting a couple good anti EX/plasma cards in the next set.

sillykyle

boop
Please, I encourage any of you to ask a professor (be it irl or here on Pokebeach). I assure you they will tell you that basic energy is ALWAYS legal.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
sillykyle said:
Please, I encourage any of you to ask a professor (be it irl or here on Pokebeach). I assure you they will tell you that basic energy is ALWAYS legal.
Yeah, but that's because it's always been in format.

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
You can only use cards that have been released in the determined time frame.

Basic Energy HAS always been legal because it has always been in format.

But if there is none in format then I think it would become illegal.

sillykyle

boop
Basic energy is a mechanic of the game. It's part of the game, and it has been ruled that basic energy is always legal no matter what.

TokyoToots

7 year old weeaboo
My Prediction: They delay the rotation & announcement until after EX Battle Boost is made, they reprint energy in Battle Boost, all is well.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
The basic Energy discussion is pointless because of theme decks.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
sillykyle said:
Basic energy is a mechanic of the game. It's part of the game, and it has been ruled that basic energy is always legal no matter what.
Would you mind linking me to that ruling? (serious question, not trying to provoke anything)

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
There was a ruling made today in the Professor Rulings forum

Theme decks have set symbols on everything so that wouldn't count.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
SheNinja said:
There was a ruling made today in the Professor Rulings forum

Theme decks have set symbols on everything so that wouldn't count.
Yeah, the ruling is correct, and the professors were right, but I think the reason for that is because basic energy is always legal. Obviously basic energy will always be legal, but that's because there has always been a reprint of it in format. Basic energy has been and always will be legal, but that's because there has been and always will be a set in format that reprinted them.
TLDR no rotation

Blah

DBT
I actually like the basic energy argument. While it's obvious that we wouldn't rotate basic energy, there has always been basic energy in the format. While that could obviously and easily change, it's very plausible that no new basic energy has been printed because there won't be a rotation.

My current thoughts lead me to believe no rotation because all the rotations seem really weird and would get rid of very basic cards (heck, if we rotate just NXD-on we lost Energy Switch, Super Rod, Energy Retreival, etc.). Anything past NXD-on and we lose a ton of search cards along with Prism and DCE, two cards that seem unlikely to leave the format for various reasons. It's very possible that there could be a NXD-on rotation, but based on the current outlook, no rotation seems to be the most likely (although personally I would love to see a DRX-on format because it would open the doors for a huge amount of creativity, and a format without catcher would be really interesting.)

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Gusto83 said:
Card Slinger J,You should check out Chandelure-EX! Scary XD
http://pokebeach.com/#chandelure-ex-from-ex-battle-boost-basic-ex

Update :
Weakness: [D]x2

Already seen it, you don't know how disappointed I was when I first heard about it. -__-

Blah said:
My current thoughts lead me to believe no rotation because all the rotations seem really weird and would get rid of very basic cards (heck, if we rotate just NXD-on we lost Energy Switch, Super Rod, Energy Retreival, etc.). Anything past NXD-on and we lose a ton of search cards along with Prism and DCE, two cards that seem unlikely to leave the format for various reasons. It's very possible that there could be a NXD-on rotation, but based on the current outlook, no rotation seems to be the most likely (although personally I would love to see a DRX-on format because it would open the doors for a huge amount of creativity, and a format without catcher would be really interesting.)

I think it should be Dark Explorers-On but for the people who are calling for Dragons Exalted-On are saying that cause they want Catcher gone from the format (who can really blame them?) however that would also kill Stage 2 decks for good since you're also rotating out Rare Candy. If you want to fix the issue with Big Basics maybe do a hard rotation to X/Y Onwards however while you get rid of 7+ expansions of power creep you would also end up having alot of angry players who lost money on cards they've invested in the current format hoping to keep playing them in the next format.

Blah

DBT
Rare Candy is being reprinted in Plasma Blast assuming we get the same cards Japan did.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Card Slinger J said:
Gusto83 said:
Card Slinger J,You should check out Chandelure-EX! Scary XD
http://pokebeach.com/#chandelure-ex-from-ex-battle-boost-basic-ex

Update :
Weakness: [D]x2

Already seen it, you don't know how disappointed I was when I first heard about it. -__-

Blah said:

I think it should be Dark Explorers-On but for the people who are calling for Dragons Exalted-On are saying that cause they want Catcher gone from the format (who can really blame them?) however that would also kill Stage 2 decks for good since you're also rotating out Rare Candy. If you want to fix the issue with Big Basics maybe do a hard rotation to X/Y Onwards however while you get rid of 7+ expansions of power creep you would also end up having alot of angry players who lost money on cards they've invested in the current format hoping to keep playing them in the next format.
I believe there's a reprint of candy in megalo cannon.

EDIT: ninja'd

ashtavakra

Overlord
I'm going to say it's DRX on.

Juniper & Cheren have both been reprinted in more recent sets.
The only good cards that a rotation with DRX would leave out to my knowledge would be
DCE, heavy & level, prism, & rare candy.

Now we know that rare candy is being reprinted it only makes perfect sense for Colress to take place as the new shuffle & draw your hand supporter staple since we can lay down as many bench pokemon as we want now due to the rotation of a catcher. It only makes sense for a DRX on rotation.

This will be an evolving format. The format will slow down, the card producers NEEDED N in this most recent format because decks could snowball and N saved slow starting decks. This will be a format of patience and slow game play.

DeckMaster

MasterOfMaking
ashtavakra said:
I'm going to say it's DRX on.

Juniper & Cheren have both been reprinted in more recent sets.
The only good cards that a rotation with DRX would leave out to my knowledge would be
DCE, heavy & level, prism, & rare candy.

Now we know that rare candy is being reprinted it only makes perfect sense for Colress to take place as the new shuffle & draw your hand supporter staple since we can lay down as many bench pokemon as we want now due to the rotation of a catcher. It only makes sense for a DRX on rotation.

This will be an evolving format. The format will slow down, the card producers NEEDED N in this most recent format because decks could snowball and N saved slow starting decks. This will be a format of patience and slow game play.
Truthfully I miss that but I do not think it is going to happen.

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
Wait a second, Chandelure-EX is Basic? WHATWHAT

I could also see an NVI-on rotation, but that would also be awkward :/

Energy Retrieval should be reprinted sometime soon.

gaby2kbarrage

Aspiring Trainer
In my opinion drx should leave,it will slow down the format and get rid of catcher lol.....but if catcher leaves the format decks like big basic,and blastoise would be top tier