Collecting What do you do with Tins?

Phototoxin

I herd u leik mudkipz?
I'm referring to the actual *Tin* itself wit the weird hexagonal shape and lid with window.

Due to the odd shape they don't store cards efficiently (I find shoe boxes with a cardboard divider works better) and so I only use one to store some counters/dice etc that I don't put in my elite deck box.

I only ask because between my GF and I we have about 6 and don't use them...

- This thread was moved from TCG News & Discussion to Collector's Showcase & Pulls as the thread is intended to discuss Tins and the storing of cards -

Yeah, those tins aren't ideal to store cards as they tend to shift around since they leave a lot of room on the sides. I like to keep other things in them like sleeves, pins and dice (One tin for each item ). My wife uses one for spare change kinda like a piggy bank.

I mainly use them to store my Energy cards. I organize them according to type that way. (Suicune tin for Water, Raikou tin for Lightning...)

I am afraid to put any cards in them because of likely damage to them. I do put other stuff in them though: a couple are designated for pack wrappers that I keep. One has all my pins in it. One has all my coins (which are sleeved). A few others hold any counters / playmats / checklists I accumulate.

For the most part they just stack in my closet looking all pretty. :p

I mostly use them for storage. Not for cards, but for other TCG things, such as spare sleeves, coins, dice, etc., or even unrelated things, like little figures and toys, my old GBASP, etc. I kind of have too many of them, though... ~_~;

Last edited:
The few I have are used for odd sleeves, toploaders and coins I've accumulated. As I buy more tins I reckon I'll end up throwing them away. They're a bit awkward to store efficiently!

I don't really know what to do with them, I probably have about 100 or so sitting around my room. Selling them online would be difficult with shipping. I don't really use them for anything they are just collecting dust. I actually have 2 stacks of them of about 13 holding some plushes.

It feels wrong to throw them away.

I store unwanted commons, uncommons and rare (non foils) in them. I'll also store my fake cards (THAT I COLLECT) in them, separate from my others.

Back