Collecting What do You do with Bulk?

PokeDad924

Aspiring Trainer
As the title says, what do you all do with bulk? My son got stuck with over 900 cards from relatives who no longer play. At the time, we thought that was great, as he was first starting. Now, we've sorted through for ones worth anything, but the vast majority are junk. It just causes clutter and we're working to cut down on it. Is there a better way besides selling it in mass to a store for $.02 a card?

Last edited:

TheGuardian118

Aspiring Trainer
There isn't too much to do with them, but some websites let you trade you bulk in for a box or store credit. There's a relatively common one that lets you trade 1400 bulk in for a box of the new set each release for a period. No energy and cards must be in good condition, you have to pay shipping. I personally haven't done it yet, but know some people that have. I plan on doing it next set since I'm coming back to the game from a break. Assuming a box is $100 that comes out to like .07 a card, so three times what you estimated? Just don't do the match on how much you spent on each card if you start buying. :confused:

(First post in like six months and I can't remember if we're allowed to post outside card websites or not. If you want the website PM me and I'll send you the link privately, or if someone else can confirm we're allowed to post I'll post it here unless that someone beats me to it. Since we are in between sets the deal is not live, but it should be once the next set is closer to coming out.)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I sell them on eBay :/

There isn't too much to do with them, but some websites let you trade you bulk in for a box or store credit. There's a relatively common one that lets you trade 1400 bulk in for a box of the new set each release for a period. No energy and cards must be in good condition, you have to pay shipping. I personally haven't done it yet, but know some people that have. I plan on doing it next set since I'm coming back to the game from a break. Assuming a box is $100 that comes out to like .07 a card, so three times what you estimated? Just don't do the match on how much you spent on each card if you start buying. :confused:

(First post in like six months and I can't remember if we're allowed to post outside card websites or not. If you want the website PM me and I'll send you the link privately, or if someone else can confirm we're allowed to post I'll post it here unless that someone beats me to it. Since we are in between sets the deal is not live, but it should be once the next set is closer to coming out.)
Bulk crashed heavily. Now it's $.02 at best

PokeDad924

Aspiring Trainer
What do you tend to ask for them? And do you just sell them as a large set, or break it into smaller chunks?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
What do you tend to ask for them? And do you just sell them as a large set, or break it into smaller chunks?
I sell 4 of each Common/Uncommon/Rare for $.99 (I get back around $.20 from each lot after fees and shipping)
1 of each Revere and Holo for $.99 each

The exceptions being playable staples

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
bookmarks and gifts for children that aren't jaded enough to only appreciate the rare and shiny pokemon cards yet.

you can also put them in the spokes of your bike wheels to make your bike sound like a motorcycle.