What consitutes a Donk?

sturtle

Master of Awesome
Ive heard "Donk" every time Donphan is mentioned, and I've come to the conclusion that it means fast knock outs. But what makes a deck a "Donk" deck? (HeHe, thats fun to say...Donkdeck!) So really, what is a Donk Deck? (HeHeHe...)

J

Juliacoolo

Technically it's only a donk if it's a first turn win. Second turn is normally just considered a "fast" win. A donk Deck is a deck primarily designed to get out early, and hit hard T1. These decks can sometimes be fragile, and often struggle to keep up when they don't get a good start.

*Edit* The concept of donk decks is to win T1, that obviously by means of the no pokemon on the field meathod*

qnetykz

Q, Team GG's Rogue Squad Leader
actually...a donk is a loss in which your opponent wins by KO'ing your last remaining pokemon on the field, and they still have prizes left...due to the nature of the game, this usually occurs within the first couple of turns...however, it is possible to be donk in later turns...but normally the longer the game goes, the less chance there is for a donk to happen

varit

kanto region digintary
varit said:
dunsparce ebelt 4 plus power donk o doom (it's like watching an epic upper cut)

my best donk explanation of the day, this was basically a 1 hit ko against salamence lv.X AR, the point of donk is to hit hard and fast, by using cards that return to your hand after you attack (ideally) and then put out barrier cards like mr mime for fast defense against low energy heavy hitter's like gyarados and donphan. donk deck's do vary from my explanation but follow a similar code of conduct. cya

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
^Uhmm, not exactly. What you are saying a donk is hitting hard, return to the hand, set up a barrier and repeat the next turn like Shuppet and Dunsparce do. This reallly isn't what is considered a donk. A donk is a winning Knockout on the only Pokémon your opponent has in play in the first 2 turns or anything that is similar to this; because there is no exact term for a donk. Though IMO, this is the best explanation.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
^ I agree. Donks are technically fast wins. Shuppet Donk. Donphan Donk. Their goal is to OHKO or win within the first couple of turns.

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Donk in my book means winning on your first turn common donk decks, Donphan, Shuppet, stuff with Sableye, Kingdra, I guess Jumpluff, Machamp. Good donk cards are cards that have a high damage output for a single energy, and thanks to Expert Belt and Plus Power they can add even more to there outputs

DarthPika

Team Hatter Jedi
A donk is a t1, or t2 win. Ignore what everyone else says, because they're wrong. :p

sturtle said:
Really? That sounds fantastical!(Yes, that is a word)

Ok, lets see how YOU like it when you lose before you get a chance to even draw a card.

PoptartG4791

The Brave Little Toaster Goes To Mars
Unown Q start, lose the coin flip. DCE Claw Swipe. Good Game...
That's how they work.

sturtle

Master of Awesome
DarthPika said:
A donk is a t1, or t2 win. Ignore what everyone else says, because they're wrong. :p

Ok, lets see how YOU like it when you lose before you get a chance to even draw a card.

I've had it happen to me, and it's better than prolonging a battle that you know you're going to lose. Besides, I see this from a donker's point of view.

Thanks for the clarification everybody!