General What Are Your Desert Island Discs?

Celever

Wheeeee~
Yo so idk if this is something y'all really even have in America but over here in the land of tea and monarchist adoration we have a radio show on the BBC called Desert Island Discs which invites celebrities or other noteworthy figures to discuss what they would do if they ended up in a situation where they were going to be stranded on a desert island for the rest of their lives and are only able to bring with them:
- 8 songs (including from musicals, movie soundtracks or even classical scores (and, though unprecedented, video game soundtracks aren't disallowed)
- 1 book (the complete works of Shakespeare and The Bible are complementary and given to everyone)
- 1 luxury item (the purpose of which can't be to escape the island; accept your fate )

I'll post my personal choices later but I'm interested in what the rest of you will say. Remember: the purpose of this isn't really to just talk about your top 8 favourite songs right now -- you will have to listen to these songs for the rest of eternity so they should prolly have some sentimentality attached.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Man how am I even supposed to decide?! Imma give it a shot.

Songs:
  • Aquarius (Hair) - My dad has always been a very big musical fan, and when I was younger (4-8) I had trouble falling asleep without some kind of noise or voices around me. So my father would always play soundtracks from his favorite musicals, Hair being one of the big ones. This song was (and still is) one of my favorite songs, and it has a lot of memories and nostalgia with it.
  • Something Sort of Grandish (Finian's Rainbow) - Finian's Rainbow was the other big musical that I listened to to fall asleep. This was easily my favorite musical at that time, and my favorite song from the soundtrack.
  • All You Need Is Love (The Beatles) - What can I say? The Beatles are one of my top five music artists and I've loved this song since I was little.
  • The Lady In My Life (Full Version) (Michael Jackson) - Amazing and one of the most if not the most underrated MJ songs ever. I could listen to this song over and over again.
  • Lovely (Twenty One Pilots) - Honestly one of my current favorite songs and I don't see myself getting tired of it so it makes that cut.
  • Manhanga (Wadzanai Marimba/Mutinhimira Marimba Version) - Okay so I'd be very surprised if anyone knew this song or the next. This song is played on Zimbabwean marimba and this particular arrangement is played by a local group (of which my mother and I happen to be a part of). Believe me this song isn't on this list because I play in it, I've literally grown up listening to people playing this music around me and couldn't imagine not having a couple of these songs available to listen to.
  • Nhemamusasa (Wadzanai Marimba/Mutinhimira Marimba Version) - Everything above. My absolute favorite song to listen to and play.
  • Singed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) (Stevie Wonder) - I just love Stevie and I feel this is a good song to round out my songs.
Book:

This took me a long time, it's SO hard to choose just one book, but I'd have to go with The Hobbit. Honestly it's just a great book and one I could read over and over again. Anyways I'm a writer so I could always just write new books to read if I do get bored of it :shrug:

Luxury Item:

This is an easy choice: a knife. I could use a knife to help build shelter, bowdrill (for fire), bow and arrow, traps, bowls, spoons, forks, baskets, and whatever really! Knives are magical.

This was a lotta fun to figure out what I'd choose and it actually took me two full days xD