Help What are Some Good Standard Budget Decks (between 0-100 packs worth)

Lachlan

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Everyone,

I am recently new to the Meta and to Pokemon TCG and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some standard deck ideas to start competitive play in the Meta.
Thanks

Hey! Not sure if I'm the right person to give such advice, so instead I'll ask a question that might be giving pause to those better suited to answering:

What do you mean "between 0-100 packs worth"? Are you asking about building the deck for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, where that question makes a lot more sense as most singles are "priced" according to how many booster packs you'll need to trade to get them? If so, you might change the tag on your Thread Title. Right now, it looks like you're asking for "PTCG Competitive Play" advice, which is a little different as that would focus on the physical Pokémon TCG, with the goal of attending events like Regional Championships.

If you do mean the physical Pokémon TCG, then maybe give a price range in USD. ;)

I would say to look at the deck lists that are on the Pokémon website that are from others that have won recent standard tournaments. This would give you an idea of the decks that are currently the meta. Then if you want to buy the singles to make one of those decks (cheapest option) to get into it and then build off of that I think would be the best way.

100 packs will get you any standard deck you want online, Lele is about 20-25ish and you seldom need more than two, the rest of your deck put together will usually cost less than your Leles.

If you just want to build a powerful deck, Buzzwole/Lycanroc or Ultra Necrozma/ Malamar are your best bets. If you want my personal recommendation though, Vikavolt/Tapu Bulu is my favorite.

Back