Discussion What about Arcanine UNB?

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys! I See the new Arcanine being played mostly in Reshizard and fire box as a one prize attacker and as a Hoopa counter, but I think it could be played as a nice secondary attacker and energy acceleration in some rogue deck. The problem is: I have not fantasy enough (and, more seriously, I'm not good enough as deck builder!). If you share this intuition with me, just write down some ideas of yours here!

I tried to play it with Miltak and Green, so to have energies on Miltank and Moomoo Milk in hand, and also with Aerodactyl, but obviously the decks lacked consistency.

Nic Flamel

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys! I See the new Arcanine being played mostly in Reshizard and fire box as a one prize attacker and as a Hoopa counter, but I think it could be played as a nice secondary attacker and energy acceleration in some rogue deck. The problem is: I have not fantasy enough (and, more seriously, I'm not good enough as deck builder!). If you share this intuition with me, just write down some ideas of yours here!
I tried to play it with Miltak and Green, so to have energies on Miltank and Moomoo Milk in hand, and also with Aerodactyl, but obviously the decks lacked consistency.

As energy acceleration, just "classic" decks/tactics like Malamar, Naganadel-Quagsire or Fire crystal-Welder should works better. Also, if you're playing fire energies, maybe just 1 copy of either Reshizard or Eevee/Snorlax could work better as a "secondary attacker", since they are basic pokemon shouldn't take as much space in your deck as an evolution pokemon, like arcanine, would need and should be more consistent (or, if you prefer a non-GX attacker and keep accelerating energies, Volcanion might work as well).

Of course, if you really want to play Arcanine as a secondary attacker, is hard to give you further advice without know the deck or strategy you would like to play (even then, actually playing the deck should be necessary to identify all of its flaws and could improve it properly).

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, I know I gave vague suggestios, but that's because I have vague ideas! And I know too that probably classic energy acceleration decks would be better.
But I think that hitting for 120 and accelerating two energies is cool on a non Gx stage which can use Welder! What I was thinking about was a non Gx deck which can use Welder and so be pretty fast, and maybe able to hit weakness. A more spicy and updated BuzzGarb, that's it.