Finished Werewolf XXXIII: Order in the Court!- Congratulations Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying I could be scum but also not to lynch me?
Yes. You're in the same boat as everyone else. I'm just saying not to assume you're town, because it's not confirmed. I don't understand what is difficult to grasp about this.
In Anti-Arceus Drac was a scum janitor who got the role PM of who he killed. He killed One Approved (Delphox) and claimed Delphox later during a massclaim. He was never lynched and won the game for scum.
Thank you for demonstrating why we can't assume you're town and the dangers present if we do. That's a one-off role Teal made which is a variant of backup, but that's not the same as the roles I suggested.
I'd do it to further prove I'm town even though I shouldn't have to at this point, and I've voted almost all the living players (might've missed one or two).
So you feel that you're more important to the game than whoever Phoenix Wright is? I think that's pretty interesting, myself.

Read the above. Our posts were far enough apart time-wise for the forum software to alert you that there were new posts in the thread, and for you to view them. Therefore, you made that post after reading my post, right? So what's so wrong with not assuming?

Doesn't work 100% of the time and it's easy to overlook/forget about that before clicking post reply imho.

##VOTE: King Xerneas -- better case to come.

I agree with this I'm reading new scum if anything on him atm. Would rather lynch simsands as of right now though.

it is safe to assume
This is where your post loses its worth. It is never safe to assume in this game. You have more leeway with it the more information you have (i.e. if you're scum) but assumptions are still the downfall of most werewolf players.
Doesn't work 100% of the time and it's easy to overlook/forget about that before clicking post reply imho.
Not when the post is 4 words. If it's a long post and you're in a stream of thought then I admit it's easy to overlook it, as I have done so many times. When it's 4 words you really have no excuse.

Thank you for demonstrating why we can't assume you're town and the dangers present if we do. That's a one-off role Teal made which is a variant of backup, but that's not the same as the roles I suggested.
Look at it this way. When Palutena flipped, his role had mention of a QT with Mia and Maya after I claimed (and flipped) having the same QT. There was already an indie in that QT, do you really think there's a scum in there too?

Look at it this way. When Palutena flipped, his role had mention of a QT with Mia and Maya after I claimed (and flipped) having the same QT. There was already an indie in that QT, do you really think there's a scum in there too?
Quite easily, yeah. This is all WIFOM and speculation. We don't know what the hosts were thinking. It would be quite interesting game design for this to be the case, actually.

So you feel that you're more important to the game than whoever Phoenix Wright is? I think that's pretty interesting, myself.

I think his tgk's role is very powerful. He can communicate with the dead, which means all of our dead town can still sort of play the game. @deadpeople and tgk I would urge you guys to communicate your input and stuff like PMJ is doing because in a sense it mitigates the downside of being dead. We can still communicate with them which I think is very powerful and helpful. Of course you can try to read into camo/PP but I would probably just ignore them.

This is where your post loses its worth. It is never safe to assume in this game. You have more leeway with it the more information you have (i.e. if you're scum) but assumptions are still the downfall of most werewolf players.

Not when the post is 4 words. If it's a long post and you're in a stream of thought then I admit it's easy to overlook it, as I have done so many times. When it's 4 words you really have no excuse.

Fair, though I do think we have a lot of leeway and info in this specific scenario.

I'm not exactly sure why... I can't put it into words... But Celever's actions today feel very strange. He seems more...energetic than usual. Both he and TGK, actually... He seems almost frantic to get TGK and simsands to stop tunneling him. The Celever I know is usually pretty calm, from what I've seen.
I'm not assuming TGK's town, but as of now I see no reason to assume he's scum either. (I realize Celever said this, too.) But of the two, Celever feels stranger today.
##FORNOW: Celever

Quite easily, yeah. This is all WIFOM and speculation. We don't know what the hosts were thinking. It would be quite interesting game design for this to be the case, actually.
If I were scum, I'd have to be in a mason QT with an indie and a town while needing that specific town to be alive to be useful? Or I killed someone and stole their role PM and flipped that, when I was the first person in the game to die?

You're sounding ridiculous. My vote stands.

you are permanently in the game right?
No, TGK is in the game unless Maya is killed. From then, TGK loses his spot in the game because without Maya, Mia can't be channeled.

I'm not exactly sure why... I can't put it into words... But Celever's actions today feel very strange. He seems more...energetic than usual.
I feel like today, he's more frantic to lynch someone other than him right now. I see him as panicking scum as of now, though I could be misreading due to my newbie status.

I actually think that Mia is very important to this game due to her ability to communicate in both the Quicktopic and this thread. I don't know what Phoenix's ability/abilities is/are, but I think Mia is probably one of the more important roles for sure.

If I were scum, I'd have to be in a mason QT with an indie and a town while needing that specific town to be alive to be useful? Or I killed someone and stole their role PM and flipped that, when I was the first person in the game to die?
I have to agree with this as well. I don't see why Carson would have any reason to be scum at this point. He flipped town and the flavour of Night One/Day Two (can't remember) even states that Mia was killed but can still come back.

Overall, I think Celever is still acting extremely suspicious and should be lynched at once.

1) He thinks I didn't die and just flipped and is trying to push a lynch on me to remove the link to the deadchat.
2) He knows I've already died and can't die again so he's pushing a lynch on me to waste a day.
I've read through a lot of games and the scum has to kill a person to gain their body. I haven't died yet (unless you count being lynched).
Wait, what? In the first quote it seemed like you were saying, "I'm dead already guys, don't waste a lynch," but in the second you seem to say, "Who says I've died? Lynching isn't dying."
-_o

Wait, what? In the first quote it seemed like you were saying, "I'm dead already guys, don't waste a lynch," but in the second you seem to say, "Who says I've died? Lynching isn't dying."
I'm dead in that I don't affect parity, but alive because I can still post.

I'm not exactly sure why... I can't put it into words... But Celever's actions today feel very strange. He seems more...energetic than usual. Both he and TGK, actually... He seems almost frantic to get TGK and simsands to stop tunneling him. The Celever I know is usually pretty calm, from what I've seen.
I'm not assuming TGK's town, but as of now I see no reason to assume he's scum either. (I realize Celever said this, too.) But of the two, Celever feels stranger today.
##FORNOW: Celever
I think I mentioned this earlier on in the thread, but my playstyle in this game is literally just typing up my stream of thought, reading over it once and then posting. If I'm in a high stress situation IRL, that will be replicated in my posts. And I've been at the police station all day today, so I think there could be a logical explanation for if my tone seems strange.

I don't think energetic was the word you were looking for though. I'm more down than I have been in a while right now :p

I don't mind the vote on me either though, because you said that you're not assuming TGK is town. That was my only goal with the very small comment. Case on Xerneas is to come.

You're sounding ridiculous. My vote stands.
I think you'll find that you're actually the one sounding ridiculous, considering you didn't quote me in the "ridiculous" text and you typed it yourself. :U

I had a role like the one you describe there in Harry Potter, IIRC. I needed bb alive for some kind of special power, and we were in the Ministry QT together. I was also lovers with a member of the scum in the Reign of Terror, which also has a certain level of town being dependent on trusting scum. I didn't and got us both lynched for the greater good, but the theory of the dynamic is still there. It's a somewhat commonly used idea, actually.
-_o
This is a very astute observation, which I actually missed. I've noted it down -- nice spot! :)
I'm dead in that I don't affect parity, but alive because I can still post.
That's not a defense against your contradiction. Parity is irrelevant to either of your prior two statements. Sky has already completed this point, so I'll leave it.

@PikaMasterJesi, you're too opinionated about my status for someone who is yet to substantiate a case on me. I read this as scummy.

Case on Xerneas is still being made. Y'all should stop talking for a bit while I do... I mean, it'd make my life easier! :U

Before Squirtle Squad calls me out on trying to hinder discussion again, the above statement isn't serious. Just thought I'd throw it in there since everything I say is scrutinised to such an inhumane degree! <3

@PikaMasterJesi, you're too opinionated about my status for someone who is yet to substantiate a case on me. I read this as scummy.
Maybe so. But I have no idea how to go about writing a case, so... How do I write one? I think it's just going back and taking notes on a person's posts, but I don't know.
I'm also realizing that I'm maybe getting a little opinionated. Sorry.

I would have to not be mia and have killed mia to gain that role PM. But since I died first, that role PM is mine.
Why would Mia have to die first? Wouldn't that show her role and your role as Mia? How would that help?

Yes. TGK doesn't count as "alive", per say, but he can still post and vote as if he were alive.
Why do you seem so sure about this if TGK later says something to deny it? >.>

Morning y'all! Just replying to everything I missed from the night :)

That's a lot of dead people.

Since Camo flipped scum, I tried to check back on his posts from Day 2 wondering if maybe there are clues, and bbninjas has suggested as much at the tail end of yesterday. My note-taking is a little messy and long; if you want to take a look at it, I've put it under the spoiler tag.

-votes for Celever (post 745)
-unvotes and votes for Skyleaf (for the retraction of her hasty question on who could be role cops)
-calls out for inactives
-suggests TGK to continue voting even if he finds Phoenix
-he thinks that it'd be better if TGK doesn't find Phoenix so that he accidentally doesn't drop hints
-votes KX for not paying attention/possible dumbtelling
-replies to bb about a PMJ quote not being scummy
-quotes and comments all Luis' past posts, concluding his posts don't have substance and he's hypocritical therefore he's scummy and voting him
-declares Celever is still an excellent lynch (after simsands posts his long case about Celever)
-says he's more confident about Celever's case than the Luis case he made, then votes Celever
-quotes Celever's latest posts and comments on them being scummy and convinces others to hop on the Celever lynch (continues for a couple pages)
-questions why people aren't voting Celever, says he scumslipped
-claims Celever OMGUS on that post where he says he gives up defending himself from simsands and Camo
-quotes Celever "Oh, but not responding to the arguments is an arbitrary "scumtell". Responding to the arguments is distracting, though -- this is a scumtell too." , says that this meant he has no defense and scumslipped
-Luis pops up and posts; Camo says he'll elaborate on the case he made on him, accuses him of being guilty of things he calls others out on
-some 20 posts later, Luis posts he seered Camo and he came up scum(Post 974)
-Camo doesn't post after this and day ends with his lynch

To summarize it for those who don't feel like reading all that:
1) Camo went after really hard on Celever yesterday. This becomes more obvious looking at it on a per-post basis.
2) He voted for a couple of people (Skyleaf, KX) with somewhat valid reasoning and even posted a long case on someone (Luis) but he quickly dropped them.
3) He disappeared after Luis revealed his seer result.

I already posted about this late yesterday, but Camo really did increase his pressure and focus on Celever after simsands posted his case and several people got on it. Some minor cases popped up afterwards (like Miyami (the stolen item) and Robin (PMJ didn't want the RNG-lynching badge and went after the source)) but Camo rarely, if ever, commented on them. You guys already said it wasn't much to mind, but I think it's weird how quickly Camo lowered his priority on the Luis case, with the reasoning that he's more convinced on a case someone else made than the one he himself made? I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but I think the underlying motive was that he really wanted to lynch Celever. I know that Camo is known for going after Celever, but in this game at least, I think there's a different/additional reason why Camo wanted to lynch Celever and urgently so. The reason and implications for that, I have no idea.

While yesterday I posted a conspiracy theory on Camo and simsands being a scum duo, analyzing the order of posts more closely I could see the possibility that town simsands genuinely posted his case on Celever and Camo just used it as a springboard to launch his focused pressure on Celever. Though, my view on the original case being a little exaggerated hasn't changed.

However, there's still yet the possibility that it could be staged/deliberate on Camo's part. I'll observe Celever today.

@Robin Aisaga Did you get your evidence back from Miyami?

@Luispipe8 I think your claim checks out. What exactly about Miyami did you suspect? Was it the thievery? Or her posts?

Hmm I definitely suspected celever after Camo's flip, but during their classic argument I was town reading both. Then camo flipped scum and I started looking into him and thought he could easily be a scum partner. In Harry Potter they were both scum and "staged " a camo /celever argument. Could have happened here.

he "doesn't want the scum knowing the satisfaction of the role they killed"
This is great.
In my opinion the only thing we really wasted was yesterday's vote.

@Luis Your whole approach was wrong. The moment you knew that Camoclone was Daryan you should've kept it to yourself. Sure he would've been able to discuss and manipulate the choice of that day. But I think a different approach would've have been much more rewarding.

First of all you didn't have to confirm yourself town. You're basically giving the scum a secured night kill. Just read the newspapers.

You insta killed someone going to mostly your own accords. You should've taken the hero role and pierce Camo with certainty. The day vote can be (somewhat) trusted with the players.

If you really distrusted Miyami you should have used your camera on her! This way you could've gotten useful information about wolfs. Not that you should've suspected her of being scum. We already said that a stealing ability isn't necessarily a scum one. Definitly not if you consider the characters from the Ace Attorney universe that may have been a thief.

But It's a thing of the past and I'm not saying your approach is completely wrong. Let's get back to the investigation.

@Reinforce
Gumshoe had the badge on him when he died right? The only way I would be in possession of my badge is if I tampered with the crime scene or something ;)
This post was strange, I town read Robin but it was just a strange post. There was no Eason for luis to not reveal his results?
Ok I didn't meant to post just that, meant to add stuff to it lol.
I thought that quote was funny. Anyway here are my thoughts on everyone so far, though I don't have a strong case for anything atm.
1. Celever definitely seems town to me
2. simsands leaning scum ##VOTE: simsands hasn't posted anything of substance today after being very active and going after celever
4. scattered mind nothing, no clue
5. Robin Aisaga leaning town, because of high prosector role and I read him as town
7. Reinforce neutral
8. bbninjas slight town
10. GM Draclord neutral, could be either
12. Luispipe8 basically confo town
14. Skyleaf2000 see scattered mind
16. PikaMasterJesi just guessing slight scum
17. Jabberwock strong town read
19. Cypher333 King Xerneas slight scum/new scum and inactive
20. Squirtle Squad neutral
Hmm I think you're wrong about celever, but then I'm starting to see why you think simsands is town. His last four posts have not had more than 5 words, lack of contribution reads scum. But then atm I don't see celever and simsands both being scum given the way they've both played so far.

I'm more interested in why you're townreading him. Tell us that first.

BTW, has anyone stopped to question the authenticity of TGK's posts? I'm conscious of the lack of objective fact he's shared with us which he couldn't know through other means. He could have changed who PMJ put down as scum reads, for example.

I think right now there's no reason to doubt TGK. And the whole argument that follows this between TGK and celever makes me really read celever as scum...

##unvote
##vote: Celever
for being "suspicious"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back