Finished Werewolf XXXII: Dimensional Shift - The Second Postgame is Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured TGK and PMJ were scum after PP's flip. Previous to PP's flip his implosion was just too much for me to believe he was town because it was so unusual for him. GG WP everyone and thanks for the games hosts.

Sooo... PMJ, who do the golden PMJs go to?

Ah, yes. Golden PMJ Awards for WW32 go to:

quakingpunch73 for being active and not curling up and dying when he was lynched
mord for having the unluckiest lynch ever, and also for dying and saving our power roles
Professor Palutena for not lying about shooting Mia and shooting me instead, this is the one time mord's quash ability could have been useful
Celever for being the scummiest town player there ever was
bbninjas and Jabberwock for a cool new idea that slightly failed in execution through no fault of their own

Good game scum :)

I did target simsands which did result in my death btw... Haha!

Anyways! Two games in a row where I've died nice and early ;) I wanted to die this time however, I got married and had
My honeymoon so when I died I was able to forgot about he game ; haha

The result quaking got from investigating PMJ, was that his safe claim's warp?
Yeah. The exact warp can be found in the master doc somewhere.

Only complaint I have about the setup is that I would've liked to know how to activate my spacetime warp because I didn't think it was totally obvious that it activated on death.
I'm sure I specifically mentioned it in the rules that all Warps activate on death. >.<;

I felt like the separate dimension mechanic, while sounding good on paper, was sub-par in execution. It drastically reduced the town's discussion, while boiling the last few days down to "Lynch whoever scum says." Luckily (or unluckily if you liked this mechanic), it won't be reappearing in WW 33. Me and dos strive to ensure that there is Justice for All.
I wouldn't blame that "lynch whoever scum says" on the mechanic. It wouldn't change if it was all on PB. The majority of the town won't bother to look back at past posts for clues, or look back at the vote counts, or even attempt to scumhunt. Also, what PMJ said about "no one listens to defense" - we are a really unforgiving lot aren't we? xD

Scum is also really powerful with this mechanic due to the ability to keep tabs on both dimensions at all times. My game is the other game who wanted to use this mechanic, but I'm not sure I want to use it now.
I think this comes with a bit of a barb, since scum now have to be extra careful to not slip anything (though I think they did quite a good job at not slipping). But, yeah, I do agree that it really helps scum.

My first game being scum :] After so many games, it was about time :p
I enjoyed the game and the new mechanic was very exciting. GG everyone !
Also, sorry @simsands for that weird case I made on you, I had to write something :p

I'm sure I specifically mentioned it in the rules that all Warps activate on death. >.<;
Apparently you did, I just fail at reading...

Anyways, my thoughts on the off-forum mechanics since @Celever mentioned that he and I are making a setup planning on using it:

I think off-forum play, provided it doesn't become a staple in every game, can allow for us to advance PB Werewolf to be more innovative. There are so many things you can do with your setups that you simply couldn't do on PB due to being restricted to a single thread. For starters, like @Camoclone and I talked about at the postgame of Vom's game, hydra accounts couldn't work on PB but they'd work on an alternate forum. This would allow new people to integrate themselves into our community easier, help them learn how to play and make some cool friends as well. You could also do stuff like anonymous accounts where you have no idea who you're playing with and that throws "meta" cases out the window. Neither of these could be done on PB for logistical reasons. As you'll, hopefully, see with the setup Celever and I have created, it simply would not be possible to run this setup on PB due to the advantages that off-forum play creates in terms of allowing host creativity to really shine.

However, as @thegrovylekid pointed out, the inactivity and apathy, which was incredibly frustrating, may have roots in the off-forum play, which is a logical argument. However, I can't help but think that this would improve if we had more games using off-forum play as players become more aware of it. As the guy who started off the Quicktopic fad back in Werewolf 18, people didn't bother using them initially because they forgot they existed (and had people question why I'd bother using them), but now we can't imagine Werewolf without them. Inactivity and apathy isn't a problem hosts can plan for in their setups so I don't think we can say that the mechanic was poorly executed. I think it's entirely the fault of the players for inactivity. I know I bookmarked the game on Chrome so I saw the forums every time I opened by browser. I feel like there could have been some effort from the hosts in terms of prodding the inactive players (I know @bbninjas loves masstags :p), but as a whole, I think the blame is almost entirely the players' burden.

I also want to talk about inactivity because it, and I mean no offense to the hosts by saying this, ruined the setup. If you're going to join a game, please stick through with it! I know I've considered reducing the number of players in my setup so to accommodate inactive players and have a decent sized sub list. We seem to have around 20 people who are interested in Werewolf here, which leaves us with minimal to no options if people become inactive. I think it's worth the hosts' time to consider reducing the size of their game to around 15 to accommodate inactivity because it's so frustrating to everyone involved, including the hosts. I know our metagame has always favored giant games, but I think downsizing is really worth it. It'll also make the games shorter, which lessens the time commitment (the fact that Werewolf games take months to complete is, frankly, ridiculous in my opinion considering that traditional mafia can be done in weeks). Shorter games also means we get more games going, which allows more people to host and people spend less time dead and overall, lets people spend more time playing, which is important because Werewolf is a game, and games are supposed to be played.

hydra accounts couldn't work on PokéBeach but they'd work on an alternate forum.
I'm not sure that hydras would be allowed even off forums unless special permission is given as an alternate forum for a WW mechanic would still fall under PB rules, including that one about multiple accounts.

I feel like there could have been some effort from the hosts in terms of prodding the inactive players (I know @bbninjas loves masstags :p), but as a whole, I think the blame is almost entirely the players' burden.
I could actually see the activity of all the players using this nifty bar, and to be honest, it wasn't until the end of the game where days were less than 24 hours that inactivity started to drop off. Players in general were pretty good with logging on (and there was definitely a lot of lurking), though I did prod a few people when they hadn't been online for over 24 hours. :p

I'm not sure that hydras would be allowed even off forums unless special permission is given as an alternate forum for a WW mechanic would still fall under PokéBeach rules, including that one about multiple accounts.
I see what you mean. However, I think if the host created the account to ensure that everyone's PokeBeach passwords were secure to avoid any of the problems that multiple accounts could cause (such as trade rep inflation, ban/warn evasion, mod forum leaks, etc.), I don't think it would be problematic at all. Everything on PB is secure and that's, at the end of the day, all that matters.

That said, I'm not in any position to change/exempt people from forum rules so it's not my decision to make. I do think it's a question worth exploring though.

I could actually see the activity of all the players using this nifty bar, and to be honest, it wasn't until the end of the game where days were less than 24 hours that inactivity started to drop off. Players in general were pretty good with logging on (and there was definitely a lot of lurking), though I did prod a few people when they hadn't been online for over 24 hours. :p
Oh? So the inactivity was from people choosing not to post then?

Yeah, you guys should take none of the blame then.

Also, if I can hand out awards without treading on PMJ's turf, my award for most improved player between two games goes to @Empoleon_master! Dude, you actually did really well this game and kept your cool much better than you did in Vom's game and I'm really impressed. I hope you'll continue to play in the future!

PP's award for scum MVP goes to @PMJ. I love watching scum!PMJ at work because he's so incredibly good at taking the lead and he had me fooled for most of the game. I can't even be mad about losing when it was to him because he played really well.

Town MVP goes to @Celever because I'd be hosed without you <3.

Good game, everyone! Congrats to scum. I thought I died N1 due to the stunt I pulled last game but it looks like that wasn't the case. :p I thought that by saying that I don't want to be council, I was trying to become unimportant and stay out of the spotlight but it had the opposite effect lol

I haven't been around much because I got sick but here's my feedback on the set-up:

This is not whining of any sort, just an observation since I died early and all, but I think that dividing the players into separate dimensions/forums is skewed towards the scum's advantage (much like a direct doctor's existence is skewed towards town). Why? It's the numbers/fraction principle. Even if you aim to divide the scum numbers equally between the two forums, the mere fact that they have lesser numbers to deal with is already in their favor. Think about it: which is easier for a single scum player to deal with and manipulate: 10 people (half of the presumed total of 20 players) or all of them at once in Day 1? That's why it's easier to hedge in votes and reach the majority on the players they want. Even just a pair of scum players, with some smooth talking and convincing, can exert control on a wagon that would only need 5-7 votes at most. If they themselves vote, they'd only need to convince, like 3-4 people instead of like 8-10? Easy as pie. Furthermore, as scum, they have a pool of knowledge on both dimensions, which they are free to share anytime and use, while the town has to rely partly on luck on getting to another dimension, and are thus stuck with their own info. They have no choice but to ask from a person who just came over from the other dimension. Then what if that person was scum? He's free to state false info or twist the facts, making town manipulation much easier. And even if town players themselves do switch dimensions, they would be a step behind on the scum since they could only talk and ask during the Day. Scum had learned and discussed during the Night and so get the benefit of hindsight. The inactivity didn't help town; it meant less town players for the already lessened town players the scum needed to deal with, and that's what happened.

I'm not saying this set-up was a disaster. It's experimental so that's understandable. The above scenarios though could use some countermeasures. Over-all it was unique and interesting, and I agree it would be more fun once it's settled and balanced. I'd like to play again, properly. I just hope to live through longer than N1 if that happens :)

it won't be reappearing in WW 33. Me and dos strive to ensure that there is Justice for All.

OH.

If that happens I will Rise from the Ashes of my bed, where I am stuck due to the Trials and Tribulations brought about my sickness. I look forward to it.

I think that dividing the players into separate dimensions/forums is skewed towards the scum's advantage [...] Think about it: which is easier for a single scum player to deal with and manipulate: [...] Furthermore, as scum, they have a pool of knowledge on both dimensions, which they are free to share anytime and use, while the town has to rely partly on luck on getting to another dimension, and are thus stuck with their own info. They have no choice but to ask from a person who just came over from the other dimension. Then what if that person was scum? He's free to state false info or twist the facts, making town manipulation much easier. And even if town players themselves do switch dimensions, they would be a step behind on the scum since they could only talk and ask during the Day. Scum had learned and discussed during the Night and so get the benefit of hindsight. The inactivity didn't help town; it meant less town players for the already lessened town players the scum needed to deal with, and that's what happened.
I think it becomes a little tricky for scum to lie about the previous dimensions since town could find out lies through various forms of verification (through the committee, first-hand, etc), so there was definitely that risk. However, I did notice part way through that if both PP and Celever had died early, the town really would've been in the dark, so I think it would be pretty vital to have a larger QT chat in any future game with a mechanic like this in which only one thread can be accessed at a time. Of course, I'll be talking more about that in postgame (especially balance decisions for town and scum, since that's a popular side topic atm ^.^).

As the guy who started off the Quicktopic fad back in Werewolf 18, people didn't bother using them initially because they forgot they existed (and had people question why I'd bother using them), but now we can't imagine Werewolf without them.

We used to use dedicated forums for scum and dead chat. Quicktopics are much easier to manage, though, since there are no permissions that you have to deal with.

dividing the players into separate dimensions/forums is skewed towards the scum's advantage

This whole wall of text does a good job of explaining why I reconsidered stealing this idea. Letting scum coordinate the lynches the way we did gives scum a huge advantage. The whole thing favors scum a little bit too much. The risk of slipping is not enough to balance it, I think.

I don't think I'm going to use it.

bbninja's Postgame

Game Analysis

Even though things got slow at the end, I liked how the game ran overall. It has also been another great learning experience for me and my future games.

For an unexplored game concept, I think the two-discussion-threads dimension mechanic went nicely. I think that the committee was a very necessary part of the mechanic if there was to be a lynch in each dimension, as a small game would not be able to support two deaths each day. The committee also doubled as the town’s link between the dimensions, which I think should be made stronger in a game with a similar mechanic, with perhaps 5 members over 3. The merging of dimensions was actually a late addition, and as the game unfolded, I realised how much the game needed that mechanic. As I mentioned previously, merging the threads probably should have occurred earlier in the game.

I think the dimensions and the general uncharted territory kept people on their toes. Like my past game, I implemented a bit of a hurdle for the town if they started lynching players prematurely, which in this game was the parallel roles. I think these worked nicely, and I’m glad to see that some people were speculating somewhat on the Abilities of paired roles - they are parallel after all!

I also agree that the mechanic is skewed to the scum. Although there is a greater possibility of slip, a good player can keep hold on that. I do think the two dimensions ended up causing a bit of confusion in both the committee and the scum QT, and I noticed that false assumptions were made on a few occasions because of this. Switching between dimensions would need to be more prominent, and although there was 4 possible ways most of the game, one (the lynch) was activated each night, as there lacked an incentive. This meant that large numbers of players weren’t really switching around and as such able to share information. I think that giving the player each an option to switch between could be a good option to trial.

When PMJ mentioned that after-death mechanics have never worked for him, I got a little worried. I now see where he was coming from in that regard, as the Spacetime Warps ended up being a but underused/not used to its fullest extent. It was intended that the dead collectively would become increasingly powerful, though some of the most powerful Spacetime Warps - the dead whisperer and the doctor - never ended up dying. I’m probably not going to use after-death mechanics to this extent again, although it was nice to try out.

Overall, there are certainly things that would need fixing and changing to the mechanic. One would be strengthening the committee, providing the option for players to choose to switch from dimensions and merging earlier. That said, I don’t think the two-thread mechanic should be used in the near future, as I can see a second time becoming stale so soon.

Re: Activity & Scum Hunting
Obviously the activity hurt the game a lot. This is especially potent as the dimensions forcing discussion threads with less members means that everyone needs to participate. I do not think the off-forum nature of the game majorly affected the activity, as most players would log on every 24 hours… only to lurk. This allowed the scum to run completely rampant in the last few days, and ultimately lose the game for the town. The scum’s win should be a lesson to these players, as it shows the town relies on every player to be active and participating.

I’m also finding our community over reliant on certain players. This led to the town just lynching whoever scum suggested, as killing strategically allowed them to effectively lead the town later on. I think this can be fixed in two ways - firstly, all players need to be looking for scum. Secondly, the town should look at vote counts and read through past posts, and not just rely on role actions and pressuring/meta reads.

To close this section, I don’t think that dimension mechanic can be supported by our community very well, unless the community sees a major increase activity. I also think that as a community we should focus on our scumhunting during these next games.

Player & Role Analysis

@Celever
You’re Oliver Fylan, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. You’re quite experienced in the quantum industry, working with top minds for years. You’re, however, considered the lowest of these minds, meaning you’re less important. Now who’s going to quell the common debates between these minds diplomatically?

You will begin the game on Dimension H’trae.

Active Ability: The Crisis Committee of Unseen Forces
Finally, you’ll be in a position where you can actually do something besides fetch coffee for the other workers! As the self-appointed leader of the Crisis Committee of Unseen Forces, you must decide the fate of the daily lynchees through the committee majority vote. To assist in the decision, you and the other members have access to Dimension Limbo where the lynchees are temporarily transported to and may appeal in. To make your decision, each Night Phase, you MUST PM the hosts your vote of which lynchee should be killed. The lynchee who receives the majority vote across the committee will be lynched. If there is ever a tie, your tie will be the tiebreaker. Furthermore, since the hosts are really bad at copy-and-pasting, your vote will be the tiebreaker of the tiebreaker.

Also, once the remaining members of the committee have been decided, you will receive access to a QuickTopic that each committee member can access and privately converse in.

Spacetime Warp: For All Eternity
Sometimes as the (dead) leader of the Crisis Committee of Unseen Forces you must make decisions when others cannot. Each Night Phase, within 24-hours into the Night, you may you may PM the hosts the name of one of the lynchees. You will override the committee’s decision of who to lynch and the player you choose will be lynched instead. You may also use this Spacetime Warp to make the crisis committee's decision if all of its members
are dead.

Win Condition: To eliminate all threats to the Interdimensional Alliance.

I was really glad when an active player like Celever rolled into this role. I think he played really well in coordinating in his committee job, and he did put PMJ on his watchlist pretty early on, which is great. Celever and PP also worked really well together, and were especially at utilising the game mechanics to pin down the day jailer and the nightkiller, to an extent. The artifacts he received from Keeper also complimented quite well. Fylan’s Spacetime Warp acted as a major failsafe, and although somewhat powerful, I think it was necessary. I didn’t want the town’s primary form of killing scum to even be removed, so this sorta of stopped that fear.

The tiebreaker of tiebreaker thing ended up being a result of a copy-and-paste fail with PP and PMJ’s role, which both said they were they tiebreaker. /sigh

@scattered mind
You’re Chora, and you’re aligned with the Dimension Spirits. You can warp physical space, allowing for transportation between dimensions in the blink of an eye. The clash between parallel worlds have caused the spacetime continuum to rip, which is causing both dimensions to disintegrate.

Active Ability: Spacial Shift
Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will warp space, transporting that player to Dimension Limbo. They will remain there for the duration of the upcoming Day Phase. They will be able to post in that dimension, and any posts they leave can be seen by other players trapped in that dimension in the future. At the start of the next Night Phase, that player will return to the dimension they were originally to be in. After you use this Ability, it cannot be used again until one more Night has passed.

This Ability also allows you to view Dimension Limbo.

Spacetime Warp: Space
Due to your death, the dimension of space has developed a mind of its own. Each Night, a random player will be warped from one dimension to the other. Furthermore, any Abilities that would force a player to remain in one dimension now fail to activate, and their effects lifted.

Win Condition: To eliminate all threats to the Dimension Spirits.

scattered played his part of scum really well. I’m especially impressed with his scumhunting as scum, which ultimately pushed him off the scumdar for nearly every player. Definitely someone to watch. I was a bit unsure about using another day-jailer since they had become quite popular recently, but the flavour was perfect. It was intended to be scum’s way to prevent the Limbo Dimension being a place where everyone could claim safely, but in hindsight I don’t this needed to be in place.

@mordacazir
You’re Chronos, and you’re aligned with the Dimension Spirits. You’re responsible for maintaining time in the relative dimensions. The timestream torn apart by constant travel through spacetime is your main priority.

Active Ability: Slow Time
You can cast the illusion of frozen time if you so wish. Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will cause that player to act last during that Phase - even after the nightkill.

Spacetime Warp: Time
Due to your death, the dimension of time has become chaotic. Each Night and Day Phase, there is a 63.74% chance that said phase and all subsequent phases of one dimension will be reduced or extended by 24 hours.

I can’t really remember how morda played since he seemed to be inactive for a lot of it. He didn’t end up using that scum deadchat Ability either, which was a little disappointing. The Spacetime Warp of the role wasn’t intended to be anything more than a fun little thing, but it became a hassle later in the game so... *shrug*

@Keeper of Night
You’re Will Jefferson, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. You’re a renowned archaeologist and an expert on rare and unusual items. Such knowledge is invaluable while exploring other dimensions.

You will begin the game on Dimension Earth.

Active Ability: Bronze Lance
Once per game, during the Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of another player. If that player would be killed during that Night Phase, that player will not be killed, as you fended off their attempted killer.

Active Ability: Ancient Transporter
Once per game, during the Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. That player will be transported to the opposite dimension to the one they are in.

Active Ability: Mesmerising Stone
Once per game, during the Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the names of two players. The first player will be mesmerised and forced to target the second player with any Abilities they may use.

Active Ability: Crown That Sometimes Tells You If He’s A Bad Guy Or Not
Once per game, during the Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will use the mysterious crown to discern that player’s alignment. However, this particular relic has Forget-Who-That-Person-Is Complex and thus has a 53% chance of getting things wrong (this figure may fluctuate).

Active Ability: Sceptre of Freezing
Once per game, during the Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will freeze that player, preventing them from using any actions that Night.

Spacetime Warp: Inheritance
Your rare and unusual hobby has its dangers that you know well of, so you have prepared. During the next Night Phase after your death, you MUST PM the hosts the name of a player. If you have any unused Active Abilities, that player will gain those Abilities.

It’s a real pity that Keeper ended up dying early. I’m also unsure why PMJ never got scum points for the tunnel on him, but that’s how the game goes sometimes. He was floating around in the dead chat, though, which was nice. He also made a good choice giving his artifacts to Celever of all people. The crown was a bit of a last minute change to the role after we noticed we had an 24 roles designed not 20, but in hindsight keeping it as a plain seer would’ve been fine.

@simsands
You’re Jez Paget, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. You’re extremely perceptive; you see things that others don’t. While occasionally useful, you are distrusted for it, as the group fears your talent somehow relates to the Dimensional Spirits.

Passive Ability: Nocturnal
Your uncanny perceptive abilities carry through even while you’re asleep! This means that you will be able to detect whenever a Night action is made on you.

Passive Ability: Distrusted
Your skills have caused all to fear your true alignment. This means that you will take one less vote than normal to be lynched for each player that acts on you during the previous Night Phase plus one.

Hidden Ability: Silly Fears
[Hidden Abilities only reveal on role flip.]
During the most vital situations, these people will come to their senses and realise how silly their distrust in you is. This means that your ‘Distrusted’ Ability will fail to activate whenever it is lynch or lose.

Spacetime Warp: Redemption
You don’t want anyone to fall to the same fate you did! Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player. If that player would be killed by any lethal actions that Night, you will protect that player. If you died by lynch, you may not choose a player whose vote was on you in the final Day tally. Once you successfully protect a player, this Spacetime Warp stops working.

For someone who lost interest quickly in the game, simsands ended up pushing through really well in the end. It’s a pity the town just ended up tossing him between dimensions like a basketball. I do apologise for your role as it turned out to be a bit boring. It’s a bit of a pity that none of the older folk picked up on the Redemption reference to the Redemption Ability of Absol in WW Anti-Arceus a few years back. :p

@Camoclone
You’re Nikolas Horton, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. You’re a bit absent-minded and fidgety, thus your attention span is lacking. Although this annoys your fellows, your nature could come in handy in resisting capture.

Passive Ability: Fidgety
No one can catch you if you’re never in one place, right? Each Night Phase, you cannot be forced to do anything or act on someone.

Active Ability: Clumsy Influences
Your absent-mindedness mysteriously influences others, for one reason or another. Perhaps because you keep on bumping into everyone. Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the names of two players. That Night, the first player will be forced to target the second player with their actions.

Spacetime Warp: Skill Swap
Sometimes meddling with people’s genetics is a necessary step, despite the general uproar about it. But hey - there’s no consequence if you are already dead! During the next Day Phase after your death, you MUST PM the hosts the names of two players. Any Abilities of those players will be permanently swapped with the other’s. (If you target a player with a safe claim, their designated safe claim Ability will be swapped instead.)

It was interesting to see how one of the dimensions would go without Camoclone there, and it turned out they went fine. I’m not too sure if Camo was playing to his fullest this game, but he did great with his role and ended up targeting scum a lot. He also inadvertently gave town another day by giving PP the role of PMJ, which luckily rolled the vig.

@quakingpunch73
You’re Jez Paget, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. A religious guru told you that you had a gift of extreme perception. Unluckily for you, that guru was known to honor the Spirits, causing people to distrust you in fear you also honor the enemy.

Active Ability: Seeing the Deep
But this fear certainly is not irrational - you can even perceive the mysterious Spacetime Warp! This means that each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will learn what that player’s Spacetime Warp does in a short summary. (If you target a player with a safe claim, you will learn that safe claim’s Spacetime Warp instead.)

Passive Ability: Distrusted
Your skills have caused all to fear your true alignment. This means that you will take one less vote than normal to be lynched for each player that acts on you during the previous Night Phase plus one.

Hidden Ability: Silly Fears
[Hidden Abilities only reveal on role flip.]
During the most vital situations, these people will come to their senses and realise how silly their distrust in you is. This means that your ‘Distrusted’ Ability will fail to activate whenever it is lynch or lose.

Spacetime Warp: Invisible Barrier
You can cast an invisible barrier that causes everything inside it to bounce off the walls! How neat. This means each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player. Any non-lethal actions made by that player will be reflected back to that player instead of their intended target. After you use this Spacetime Warp, it cannot be used again until one more Night has passed, to conserve your energy.

Quaking - you’re so enthusiastic, which is super cool! I’m really not sure what he was doing with hammering players early twice in mislynch or lose. In combination with inactivity, the town ended up losing because of it. If you get into mislynch or lose, you should take things slowly if you have the time. :)

@PMJ
You’re Hule, and you’re aligned with the Dimension Spirits. You control all matter in the various dimensions. As matter differs between dimensions, it is imperative for you to quarantine foreign matter to prevent contamination.

Active Ability: The Crisis Committee of Unseen Forces
You have been elected by Dimension Earth to join the Crisis Committee of Unseen Forces! As a member, you must decide the fate of the daily lynchees through the committee majority vote. To assist in the decision, you and the other members have access to Dimension Limbo where the lynchees are temporarily transported to and may appeal in. To make your decision, each Night Phase, you MUST PM the hosts your vote of which lynchee should be killed. The lynchee who receives the majority vote across the committee will be lynched. If there is ever a tie, your tie will be the tiebreaker.

You have also received access to a QuickTopic (link sent separately) that each committee member can access and privately converse in.

Passive Ability: Matter Crafting
While you can’t directly create matter - even that’s a bit too much to ask - you can easily recycle and reuse existing matter. At the start of each Night Phase (starting with Night 1), you will be sent the Ability of a random dead player. You will not be sent the same Ability more than once. For that next cycle only, you will be able to use that Ability as if it was your own.

Spacetime Warp: Matter
Due to your death, matter is now no longer contained in one dimension, making it difficult to distinguish between thought and reality. The other Spirits try to rectify this, but they don’t have any control over matter - all they can do is reveal snippets of information. Upon your death and after Night 4, information revealed in each role flip is limited to the name of the player and that player’s Spacetime Warps.

Wow, PMJ! You really stepped up and carried all the scum through the game. Your apparent scum hunting was great and you ended up manipulating virtually your entire dimension, while behind the scenes you were very important in coordinating the scum team. You also played as a member of the committee extremely well. Definite MVP. I think you ended up getting a bit scummy near the end due to your aggressiveness, but when virtually noone was questioning you, it really didn’t matter. It’s a bit of a pity that your Spacetime Warp never activated, but for the town’s sake that’s probably a good thing.

@Squirtle Squad
You’re Sierra Moors, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. You’re very tactically minded, having won several intense chess tournaments. If the Alliance meets any opposition, NASA hopes you’ll be able to direct the others to victory.

Active Ability: Queen’s Gambit
In various chess tournaments, your opening of choice was the Queen’s Gambit, an aggressive, sacrificial play that allows better central control. Your plan for fighting off Dimension Spirits is very similar. Once a game, during the Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. If that player is not aligned with you, that player will be killed immediately. If that player is aligned with you, you will die immediately. Furthermore, if you use this Ability during Night 1 and survive, you may use it again during a later Night.

Spacetime Warp: Move a Piece, Any Piece
Of course, in chess, you must develop your pieces to gain more control of the board. Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player. That player will be transported to the opposite dimension to the one they are in.

Shooting so early in the game was a bit of an odd choice and probably put pressure on the town right from the start. That said, your activity around the dead chat was much appreciated, and I’m glad you used your warp every now and then. It’s a pity that Vom’s role never died, as the town would’ve really appreciated that cleared name early on.

@Empoleon_master
You’re Caitlin Becker, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. When you were just a youngin’, your parents left you homeless. You caught onto the thievery life early on, although it has landed you in prison on multiple occasions. At least you’re stubborn enough to not stay in prison forever…

Active Ability: Catch Me If You Can!
You’re always on the run and are a master of escaping capture. Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player. During that Night, you will hide behind that player, causing you to redirect all actions that would have targeted you to target the player you hid behind. However, if you hide behind a player that is killed that Night, you will be accused as the killer. Furthermore, you will fail to redirect any actions that would have been redirected to the player who made the action, meaning you will be targeted by that action as it was intended.

Spacetime Warp: Everything Explode Now
How best to escape prison? Why, to blow the place up with strategically placed land mines, of course! You’ve employed a similar failsafe in the other dimensions. When you die, each player whose vote was on you during the last final Day tally before your death will have one vote already placed on them each Day for the next 3 Day Phases. This Spacetime Warp will fail to activate during any Day that is a lynch or lose.

You did really well this game, E_M - the improvements are real! You were thinking through things much better and not being over the top, which was a pleasant change for everyone. You did have a habit of getting your facts wrong and making quick assumptions, which would be something to work on.

@Reinforce
You’re Klara Milford, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. Your military training has developed your endurance when food, water and sleep lacks. To prove yourself to the group, you have decided to volunteer for sentry duty each night.

Active Ability: Sentry Duty
Sentry duty requires you to keep an eye out all night. No sleeping on duty. Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will track that player, seeing all who that player targets, but not who targets them. However, if your target is sent to another dimension, you will not track your target and will be sent with them to another dimension instead.

Spacetime Warp: Ensuring Security
You discovered a while back that you can stop things from changing if need be. During the next Day Phase after your death, in both dimensions, no player will be able to unvote once they place their vote.

To be honest, scum got really lucky with killing Reinforce when they did. Reinforce ended up tracking Squirtle, and saw that he targeted simsands, which would’ve given a clear straight away. I felt like we needed to add some negative Spacetime Warps like I did for the scum, so the two power roles ended up being the first choices. I think it led to an interesting Day 2, actually.

@Professor Palutena
You’re Krystelle Patterson, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. Although you’ve tried many times, you’ve never really accomplished anything noteworthy. The fact of the matter is that you’re just not very gifted. Except in making coffee. You guess that’s something…

Active Ability: Daily Coffee
Everyone needs their cup of coffee for the morning. Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player and a beverage (Cappuccino, Espresso, Latte, Mocha, Tea). During the next Day Phase, that player will be given the option to drink or not drink that beverage. If they drink the beverage, an effect will be inflicted on them dependent on the beverage type drunk.

Spacetime Warp: Daily Doughnuts
Coffee isn’t the only thing you were required to bring to your superiors –– doughnuts were also widely enjoyed throughout the corporation. And you just discovered that the place of your death was right over a huge trove of doughnuts! During the next Phase (Night or Day) after your death, you MUST PM the hosts the name of a player. You will give that player the following item:

Passive Item: Magical Doughnut
Someone has given you a very mysterious magical doughnut! Unfortunately, it doesn’t actually do anything for you, and it disappears whenever you try to eat it. Boohoo.

Like the other members of the committee, PP played well. He scumhunted a lot, which was lacking in this game in particular, and delved into the mechanics very well. He ended up befalling to a lot of bad luck with his role - getting driven, targeting the wrong people with the wrong drinks and the target being the nightkill. I’m not too sure why people consider the Mocha effect negative as it confirms roles, but ah well. If you didn’t read the master doc, the magical doughnut was a psuedo-track.

@thegrovylekid
You’re Barus, and you’re aligned with the Dimension Spirits. You have power over gravity in both parallel worlds. Gravity forces differ between dimensions; however, they have been disrupted significantly, causing forces to unravel and dissipate altogether.

Active Ability: Heavy Gravity
With just the right control over a player’s gravitational force, you can nullify actions! Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will prevent that player from being acted on (including with lethal actions) during that Night.

Spacetime Warp: Forces
Due to your death, you are unable to keep forces stable. This means the further death of Dimension Spirits will send shockwaves throughout both dimensions. If a Dimension Spirit (excluding you) is killed, the targets of all actions during the next Night Phase will be randomised among players. This Spacetime Warp cannot activate more than twice.

I think you played similar to how you normally play as scum this game, which ended up in you falling onto the scumdar quite a bit early on. You have a habit of being a bit opportunistic in your voting and, in this game, lurk over scumhunt. That said, your doctor claim ended up saving your life and didn’t get questioned.

@Miyami~~
You’re Elektron, and you’re aligned with the Dimension Spirits. You can directly influence the electric charge of particles in the atmosphere, meaning you master electricity, magnetism and light. On travelling between dimensions, different wavelengths have leaked, dispersing electrical charges at a rapid rate.

Active Ability: Magnet Pull
Each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will use the force of magnetism to cause all actions used by that player that Night to be attracted from the intended target to you.

Spacetime Warp: Light
Due to your death, the electric charge of the particles in both dimensions have become drastically unstable. This has caused there to be a perpetual glow––not so much that the Alliance can see you consuming one of their number, but enough so that they can continue to post in the main threads, even during the Night Phase. Lynches, however, still cannot be undergone during the night.

For someone thrown right into a new type of game, Miyami played well. She managed to get a grasp of things fairly quickly and PMJ was great in helping Miyami along. She probably would’ve escaped the kill if she wasn’t always the nightkiller. I do find it interesting that the scum team used Magnet Pull very little, as it had the potential to find or nullify power roles. The Spacetime Warp was the only pro-town effect, since the other three pro-scum effects were powerful.

@Luispipe8
You’re Gemma Wolfe, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. Your detailed news reports uses detailed information filed in databases, data on which is collected through a mysterious intelligence. Your immediate access to these files could be helpful in this crisis.

Active Ability: The Search Function Expert
You’ve been searching through databases for virtually your entire virtual life - scavenging player’s skills is the easy stuff! Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player. You will learn what category/categories that player’s Ability/Abilities falls into, out of ‘Informative’, ‘Passive’, ‘Manipulative’, ‘Supportive’ or ‘Other’.

Spacetime Warp: Data Flip
Something will undoubtedly go missing, but thanks to your databases, you can be there to rectify it! This means that each Night Phase, you may PM the hosts the name of a dead player. That player’s full role flip will be posted in the upcoming Night Update, if something was concealed.

Unfortunately Luis died early and didn’t comment on all that much if I recall correctly except for when it involved E_M or himself. Ah well.

@SilverSilent
You’re Krystelle Patterson, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. Of the group, you’re the only one whose background isn’t what you’d call helpful––you were a window-washer. But NASA hand-picked you, and you’re pretty sure they weren’t just throwing darts at a list, so you must be able to do something, right?

Active Ability: Window Reflection
A spirit can deceive the naked eye, but a spirit certainly cannot deceive a window! Laws of reflection and yaddiya. Each Night Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player that was voting for you at any time during the previous Day Phase. You will learn if that player is a Dimensional Spirit or not.

Spacetime Warp: Overcast
Without windows being all nice and shiny, things are going to be a little bit darker until someone fixes things up. This means that for the Day Phase after you die, all voting MUST be done in secret by PMing the hosts, and all vote tallies excluding the final tally will be hidden from public.

Win Condition: To eliminate all threats to the Interdimensional Alliance
I found Silver interesting to watch while he was in Earth, as I think he did well in trying to gain a vote or two while not getting lynched. Unfortunately this only worked once, and then I guess he just gave up after that. I find it odd that he never cleared Skyleaf. The choice to make an unreliable seer was because of past games, where scum really can’t win because there is far too many clears. I didn’t want to have this happening at all.

@double o squirtle
You’re Sierra Moors, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. You’re an accomplished––albeit retired––general, accustomed to commanding troops in battle. Well, maybe you’re not an actual general, but a chess champion is pretty close, isn’t it?

Passive Ability: Sacrifice
You will die on Night 6, if you are still alive.

LOCKED Passive Ability: Opening
This Ability unlocks at the beginning of the game and relocks at the beginning of Day 2.
[UNLOCKED]
In several chess tournaments, during the opening of a game, your opponents have tried to launch an assault on your undeveloped pieces. Fortunately, you’ve found a way to combat that. During Day 1, if you would be lynched, no one will be lynched. During Night 1, if you would be killed, you will not die.

LOCKED Passive Ability: Midgame
This Ability unlocks at the beginning of Day 2.
[LOCKED]
During the middle of the game, you know it’s ideal to use your developed pieces to attack your opponent’s side of the board. To do this, you can vote three times in thread, each considered individual votes worth 1 vote. To cast a second or third vote, simply vote like normal, however do not unvote your first/second vote. If you wish to change one of your votes, you will need to specifically state which player you would like to unvote from. You may place multiple votes on the same player if you so wish.

Spacetime Warp: Endgame
Toward the end of the game, the board is often narrowed down to only a few pieces. Upon your death and after Night 6, H’trae and Earth on the ProBoards will be merged into a single dimension on PB, meaning the two H’trae and Earth discussion threads will be locked from posting. Instead, players will be drawn to the PB game thread to continue game discussion. (The H’trae and Earth discussion threads will subsequently be viewable by all players.) This means there will only be a single lynch and players cannot be trapped in other dimensions.

I can’t really remember how you played, though I think it was good for the most part. I was a bit excited about the Midgame effect and see how it would be used, but it didn’t really aside from through PMJ’s role.

@Skyleaf2000
You’re Jonathan Morse, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. You’re the muscle of the group and you’re proud of it. You can even rip the corks from those wretched brandy bottles, which is a very necessary skill when travelling through dimensions.

Active Ability: Super Strength
With your incredible strength, you’re able to cram an extra person into a single dimension transporter. This means that each Day Phase you may PM the hosts the name of a player (you may target yourself). At the end of the Night Phase, that player will be transported to the opposite dimension to the one they are in.

Spacetime Warp: Delusional Contact
After consuming copious amounts of brandy, you’ve finally managed to make contact with the spirits of the dead! Or at least, you’d like to think they’re the spirits of the dead, but they’re probably not. For the rest of the game, you may post in-thread in the dimension you died in, but you will not be able to vote. Furthermore, you cannot be targeted by any form of actions from dead or alive players.

You did well getting into your first big game of Werewolf. Unfortunately this role went largely unused because Skyleaf was submitting actions on the ProBoards and not PB, and we didn’t realise it until late. >.>;

@GM DracLord
You’re Nikolas Horton, and you’re aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance. You’re forgetful to a fault, as you’ve been told all too often. You can’t even remember why NASA chose you for the expedition. It must have been something important…

LOCKED Ability: Caffeine Effect
This Ability unlocks after you drink a caffeinated beverage.
[UNLOCKED]
The jolt of caffeine to your brain reminded you why NASA chose you for the mission! You were on NASA’s last intergalactic-dimensional mission to … somewhere. Unfortunately all you remember from that is that you had picked something up from that somewhere. Hey, let’s give it away! Once a game, during the Night Phase following the Day you drink a caffeinated beverage, you MUST PM the hosts the name of a player. You will give them the following the Item:

Passive Item: Lapis Mysterium
Someone has given you a very mysterious rock! This mysterious rock can somehow determine and store the true intentions of whoever holds it. This means that if the player that this item is passed to is aligned with the Interdimensional Alliance, the number it projects permanently increases by 1. You MUST PM the hosts during each Night Phase to pass this item to another player. Projected Number: 1

Spacetime Warp: The Missing Piece
This Spacetime Warp activates only if your Hidden Ability was locked when you died.
[UNLOCKED]
You can remember everything now that you are dead - including why you were chosen for the expedition! This means that your Hidden Ability is now unlocked and you MUST use it during the next Phase (Night or Day) as if you were alive.

Spacetime Warp: Public Projection
This Spacetime Warp activates only if your Hidden Ability was unlocked when you died.
[UNLOCKED]
You seem to have an intricate link to the Lapis Mysterium. This means that each Night Phase after your death you may PM the hosts. The current number on the Lapis Mysterium will be displayed during the next update, provided it is held by an alive player at that point. After you use this Spacetime Warp, it cannot be used again until two more Nights have passed.

You didn’t really post that much, but I think you are entirely competent to scum hunt and post your opinions! I look forward to it in future games. Your role could’ve gotten some good use if town had managed to pull through, but by the time it got deployed, things were too late.

---
Far out these take a long time to write. xD

Jabber will be posting his version later sometime.

My only concern about the different forum mechanic is like when you are people are voted to be lynched there are transported to the Limbo directly. I think it's kinda crucial for the lynch candidate to knew what happen between they last log in and the moment of transport in order to properly knew how to defend themselves. As they maybe moment a turbo lynch happen and you don't know what you are accused off.

My only concern about the different forum mechanic is like when you are people are voted to be lynched there are transported to the Limbo directly. I think it's kinda crucial for the lynch candidate to knew what happen between they last log in and the moment of transport in order to properly knew how to defend themselves. As they maybe moment a turbo lynch happen and you don't know what you are accused off.
I think this is also another valid point. Although it is something that could be interesting to play around, perhaps it would have been better if more threads could be viewed at certain times.

During the last two days, I hammered Skyleaf because I found it abnormal that there was minimal transport going on with their claim. I voted simsands because of the attempted early hammer for no reason. Glad to see that you enjoy my enthusiasm!

During the last two days, I hammered Skyleaf because I found it abnormal that there was minimal transport going on with their claim. I voted simsands because of the attempted early hammer for no reason. Glad to see that you enjoy my enthusiasm!
The biggest issue is that you caused the other dimension to end immediately, so if the other dimension was in the middle of discussion or had role results to reveal, they would be completely unable to. This put simsands into lynch oppose to someone like Miyami, who could have easily been lynched if you had waited. Secondly, you hammered early both times, which prevented proper discussion and consideration of other lynch options in your own dimension, which led to the town lynching whoever the scum put votes on first. In the case of Skyleaf, the fact that there was no claim didn't make Skyleaf scum, and in the case of simsands, you actually hammered him for the same thing you were doing - hammering players early in MYLO. :p

One thing I want to ask about my role is what was the design choice behind me not being aware of any of my abilities, including the donut?

None of the abilities seemed overly powerful so I don't see how I could've had a super powerful role if I knew what the drinks/donut did.

One thing I want to ask about my role is what was the design choice behind me not being aware of any of my abilities, including the donut?

None of the abilities seemed overly powerful so I don't see how I could've had a super powerful role if I knew what the drinks/donut did.
I do prefer the type of find-things-out roles as a host, so that played a part. I was also concerned you'd go around buffing everyone, which I didn't really want in that game. :p

Also, the doughnut was originally going to be a different role, but due to derpiness of me being unable to count roles, we ended up cutting 4 roles last minute but keeping some of the Abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back