Finished Werewolf XXVIII: Omega Alpha - Game Finished - Postgame Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@thegrovylekid just PM'd me saying he's gonna be away until four days or so, so we'll not start until then. The activity check will be perhaps 24 hours before that. Meanwhile, we'll just wait to see if any subs (or potential players) flow in, while Camo and I polish those bread rolls!

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
I'd like to try Werewolf.. It pretty much seems like a texted base version of Town of Salem the way I understand it from it anyways.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'd like to try Werewolf.. It pretty much seems like a texted base version of Town of Salem the way I understand it from it anyways.
From what I've heard about ToS, what you've described Werewolf as is pretty accurate. XD

Anyways, I'll have to put you down as a sub for the moment, but certainly keep watching this thread - subs are commonly needed here. :p

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Just so everyone is on the same page, we currently have 19 sign-ups now! Stilling looking for sign-ups to see if we can get to the target of 21 signed-up players plus a few more as subs! If we don't reach 21, we'll stick with the safety-net of 17 (potentially more depending on numbers), and all players listed as subs in the OP will stay subs.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
Just so everyone is on the same page, we currently have 19 sign-ups now! Stilling looking for sign-ups to see if we can get to the target of 21 signed-up players plus a few more as subs! If we don't reach 21, we'll stick with the safety-net of 17 (potentially more depending on numbers), and all players listed as subs in the OP will stay subs.
Ummm I have a question. To make the game more entertaining when a player is dead could you guys add the option for that player to have a message put as their last words as long as it doesn't add any new or revealing information other than the fact that the person died? It would be approved by the moderators of this game first. It's pure flavor text but I think people could have some fun with it.?

IE. Empoleon_master could hear the Warewolves banging against his door and he knew the end was near so he decided to write one last journal entry. It read:
"Dear people that have found this, I hope I am a ghost now and am flipping the Warevolves off while invisible as you deserve it. PS holy crap who wrote that sharp of fangs into this story? I mean seriously WTF IS WITH THE AUTHOR? Wait I get a more gruesome death because I broke the third wall? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

It adds NOTHING to incriminate or reveal anything, it's just for fun and it makes it really interesting to read what people put as their last words.

Note I only edited this post to add more stuff as it's 6 am here and I am tired AF.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Ummm I have a question. To make the game more entertaining when a player is dead could you guys add the option for that player to have a message put as their last words as long as it doesn't add any new or revealing information other than the fact that the person died? It would be approved by the moderators of this game first. It's pure flavor text but I think people could have some fun with it.?

IE. Empoleon_master could hear the Warewolves banging against his door and he knew the end was near so he decided to write one last journal entry. It read:
"Dear people that have found this, I hope I am a ghost now and am flipping the Warevolves off while invisible as you deserve it. PS holy crap who wrote that sharp of fangs into this story? I mean seriously WTF IS WITH THE AUTHOR? Wait I get a more gruesome death because I broke the third wall? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

It adds NOTHING to incriminate or reveal anything, it's just for fun and it makes it really interesting to read what people put as their last words.

Note I only edited this post to add more stuff as it's 6 am here and I am tired AF.
Nah, I can't really get everyone do that; it'd make the updates too long >_>. I'll try to make everyone's deaths interesting though :U

Edit: You do get access to a thread for the cool dead to people to hang out though :U

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Speaking as a host, I wouldn't allow anything like that unless the player has a specific role that allows it because it's too ripe for abuse. People could use codes, etc. to share information. Flavour of deaths should be the hosts' job. And as a dead player, you do get access to a deadboard to chat and hang out with other dead people, so you still get some amusement even if you're removed from the game.

Yeowie

the Mage Pichu
Wat, 19 already?! Yay!

Empoleon_master

Speaking as a host, I wouldn't allow anything like that unless the player has a specific role that allows it because it's too ripe for abuse. People could use codes, etc. to share information. Flavour of deaths should be the hosts' job. And as a dead player, you do get access to a deadboard to chat and hang out with other dead people, so you still get some amusement even if you're removed from the game.
I figured it was worth a shot to add interesting stories, as long as they were approved by a mod before being posted. Oh well. Also I had no clue about the dead board.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I figured it was worth a shot to add interesting stories, as long as they were approved by a mod before being posted. Oh well. Also I had no clue about the dead board.
There may be ways for a player to interact with the story while alive, on death or even while dead; you'll just have to wait and see!

Empoleon_master

Question as I'm new to this. When the non town sides decide to kill someone is it random or is it based on who that side votes should be killed?

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
The alpha Werewolf (that with the killing ability) submits a name and that player gets killed if performed successfully. That's how it works most of the time.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The scum team's kill target is decided by the members of that team. Usually either the specified killer chooses, or the team puts it to a vote, or whatever. I don't think I've ever seen a scum team with a random kill, since that would be pretty.... not useful.

Empoleon_master

The alpha Werewolf (that with the killing ability) submits a name and that player gets killed if performed successfully. That's how it works most of the time.
What happens if the alpha is killed? I take it another werewolf takes its place? And if it is how is the new alpha selected?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
What happens if the alpha is killed? I take it another werewolf takes its place? And if it is how is the new alpha selected?

That would vary from game to game (though I think there's usually either a predetermined hierarchy or the team simply picks a new one to take his/her place), and these are some of the many reasons why I don't like "alpha werewolf" setups and typically don't use them in my games.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I forgot all about this game. I've stopped receiving notices for this thread too which is probably why. What's the hold up?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I forgot all about this game. I've stopped receiving notices for this thread too which is probably why. What's the hold up?
I was planning on posting an activity checker soonish, but we were simply waiting to see if we could get any more subs/players :)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I would advise you to stop waiting and start already. It's now been two weeks since signups opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.