Finished Werewolf XXVIII: Omega Alpha - Game Finished - Postgame Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celever, do you remember me saying that I would vote differently if there was a better option?
What's suspicious is that you voted for IE as your first option. Especially after bb posted a vote count showing he had so many votes -- it wasn't just pressure at that point.
Also, SS, why would you unvote IE if TGK's the one in question? Did you unvote TGK and vote IE, or... I dont know, just please explain.
Always unvote if someone is at L-1, because otherwise someone can accidentally cut discussion time short with an accidental hammer.
Celever, I'm going to have to agree with EM here, TGK's claim made him a main target since he had all those abilities. Even though the accuracy lowers, he is still a potential threat to Teams Aqua and Magma, so that is a very sound prediction.
Not really. He can only use them once -- his passive ability Loyalty means he has to use all his Pokemon should he want to use one of them, and Roselia's ability is a one-time use. After that he's essentially vanilla.
Stopping a hammer @Cypher333

So if Ie were not to be lynched today, who would you recommend @Celever ?

Also I'm at work now so I'll be off the next 6 hours
I think I saw a scumslip earlier but I need the hosts to confirm the situation with mafia safeclaims first. Unfortunately bb went to school a little bit ago and Camo doesn't seem to be on (at least Skype) either sooooooo.

What's suspicious is that you voted for IE as your first option. Especially after bb posted a vote count showing he had so many votes -- it wasn't just pressure at that point.

Always unvote if someone is at L-1, because otherwise someone can accidentally cut discussion time short with an accidental hammer.

Not really. He can only use them once -- his passive ability Loyalty means he has to use all his Pokemon should he want to use one of them, and Roselia's ability is a one-time use. After that he's essentially vanilla.

I think I saw a scumslip earlier but I need the hosts to confirm the situation with mafia safeclaims first. Unfortunately bb went to school a little bit ago and Camo doesn't seem to be on (at least Skype) either sooooooo.
And this is why I lurk and shut up while you know what you're actually doing.

Also, if that's the case if TGK is actually Wally, wouldn't it make it to obvious for someone to kill him? If that's the case, if someone does have a protect ability he obviously won't die N1.

Also, if that's the case if TGK is actually Wally, wouldn't it make it to obvious for someone to kill him? If that's the case, if someone does have a protect ability he obviously won't die N1.
I can protect myself tonight, but I lose 2 of my abilities by doing so.

Celever, I also posted saying that I needed to get more posts in, and I couldn't think of a way to contribute to the current conversation without voting. I do see your point though, and I'm pretty sure he will need a few less votes, as you said, so my options are either unvoting or being instantly called SCUM.

##Unvote: Ice Espeon

What other choice do I have?

Celever, I also posted saying that I needed to get more posts in, and I couldn't think of a way to contribute to the current conversation without voting. I do see your point though, and I'm pretty sure he will need a few less votes, as you said, so my options are either unvoting or being instantly called SCUM.

What other choice do I have?
Bring up a case of your own! Connections between players are one of the most quintessential parts of scumhunting!
And this is why I lurk and shut up while you know what you're actually doing.
I have experience, but that doesn't mean I'm right, nor that I necessarily know what I'm doing. :p

This is day one. There is almost no info to go on, besides TGK's identity and that bad guys have full claims.

Alright my scumslip isn't a thing then. Thanks for confirming Camo, would have preferred if you'd said it was just role names though! :p

This means that it's possible for TGK to be mafia, though. I mean, Flygon doesn't have any pro-town uses, which is something I'm very wary of. Also the fact that he has so many abilities implies that he could be mafia, because sometimes multiple roles get crammed onto each mafia member to make up for the lower numbers. However, I don't think it's really enough of a reasoning to lynch him over.

I still think that PMJ is the strongest lynch candidate today. I don't think that IE is mafia at all and this lynch is purely scum led -- this means that just voting for someone who tried to push the lynch could also work, though it's rather unreliable and pretty reliant on chance that we hit the right bandwagoner. Let me do a bit of analysis of the players on PMJ's lynch.

Well you can deduce a bit from TGK still. Even if he is scum, can assume that that those Pokémon aren't his if he's lying. So we have a till N2 to figure out if he really is a possible Wally. I'm still leaning towards town still for TGK for now.

##UNVOTE: thegrovylekid
##VOTE: Luispipe8

Exhibit A:
Ok, this is getting absurd. :v Might as well go along any lynch at the time, so we can at least gain some info.

##VOTE: Ice Espeon

I don't really think he's scum, TBH, but it's something. Yes, I am bandwagoning. No, I don't think there's something else to do.
At the time of Luis' voting, PMJ had 3 votes and Ice Espeon had 3 votes. Luis pushed IE into majority citing info as the reasoning when IE hadn't posted anything of content at this point and as such will provide minimal info should he be lynched -- his role being all we get, which is true for everyone we lynch.
Exhibit B:
I don't think I saw this: @bbninjas and @Camoclone, day ends when the day is reached AND everyone has voted; whichever that happens last?
This is called dumbtelling. It's where a mafian feigns ignorance about a certain game mechanic to make themselves look townier, because the town is the "uninformed majority" so these types of questions look good. This question is particularly notable because it wasn't relevant to game discussion at the time and was completely out of the blue, so it certainly seems like a ditch effort to gain some townie cred.

Yeah, there's only two exhibits, I'd be an awful detective, I know :p. Regardless, it's day 1 and this seems somewhat strong as far as Day 1 cases go. Granted I feel kinda bad lynching him because he has loads of exams and stuff which he's got to prioritise over this and having to defend himself might distract from his irl situations, but... I wanna lynch a scum! :(

Exhibit A:

At the time of Luis' voting, PMJ had 3 votes and Ice Espeon had 3 votes. Luis pushed IE into majority citing info as the reasoning when IE hadn't posted anything of content at this point and as such will provide minimal info should he be lynched -- his role being all we get, which is true for everyone we lynch.
Exhibit B:

This is called dumbtelling. It's where a mafian feigns ignorance about a certain game mechanic to make themselves look townier, because the town is the "uninformed majority" so these types of questions look good. This question is particularly notable because it wasn't relevant to game discussion at the time and was completely out of the blue, so it certainly seems like a ditch effort to gain some townie cred.

Yeah, there's only two exhibits, I'd be an awful detective, I know :p. Regardless, it's day 1 and this seems somewhat strong as far as Day 1 cases go. Granted I feel kinda bad lynching him because he has loads of exams and stuff which he's got to prioritise over this and having to defend himself might distract from his irl situations, but... I wanna lynch a scum! :(
Why is your name Celever when it should be Light or Shiro? (Shiro from Log Horizon)

Ok, I finish writing a Chem report to find myself quoted. Let me catch up with the last 4-5 pages and I'll reply to you, Celever.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Okay, so @Ice Espeon has a legit reason too. Why didn't you inform the hosts about this though? If you couldn't completely post at all due to technical difficulties, you might as well have taken an approved leave of absence. Because otherwise, yeah, we have proper grounds to call you out as being inactive or lurking.

Regardless, it's funny how the guy who's up for lynch isn't the one who role-claimed. If this wagon really was accelerated by mafia as Celever says, doesn't that look like redirection towards tgk if IE happened to be a wolf despite being an inactive? Tgk's role does look fine, though, but shame that such a powerful role got dragged out in the light so early. But since he can protect himself as he says, he should be fine.

Now if we're not going after tgk or IE, who? We're on the latter half of Day 1 already, so I don't want to remove my vote on the board. I'd switch, but I want to be sure for the next person I'd vote for.

@Celever Realistically, it's near impossible to lynch a scum Day 1. From what I've seen in PB, a D1 lynched scum is almost always either 1) by extremely good luck 2) outed by seer or similar roles and 3) slipping with the safeclaim, and I don't think we've got any of the latter two so far.

Sorry for the multi post back there, wanted to delete the post from the multi-quote (to quote directly on the PC instead) and ended up posting just the quote. :v (How many times can I write the word "quote" in one paragraph...?)

I said it myself it was a stupid lynch from the start, guess there's no more reason to keep my vote there. Now, on Celever's "case" on me:

Exhibit A:

Day 1 is Day 1. Any role would give us /any/ info. Yeah, PMJ had 3 votes as well, you could have easily swapped PMJ and IE in my post to get the exact same result. Should I have voted for PMJ instead? Maybe yes, maybe not, there's no solid lead yet and would have been the same, TBH. Besides, PMJ was being active enough whereas IE wasn't that much, so you could have call that a pressure vote if you may.

Exhibit B:

lol, IIRC it was shortly after a vote count and remembered the part in the rules that said "all members must cast a vote", and it wasn't clear if it was needed to either actually end the day or (as it actually was meant to) avoiding a modkill; and since it was a general knowledge question I chose to post it in the thread in case anyone else had the same doubt I had. Besides, we've seen those "I'm a newbie and don't read the rules, halp!" posts in the last 2 or 3 games, and we know that doesn't help at all as a cover. It's still better than "cleared by flavor", though... :v

Meh, my lack of posts don't help a lot to your job as a detective. :p I guess I was lucky enough to check the site to congratulate ninjas and see the alert up there so the discussion could go along instead of me quoting a post from 5-6 pages back, as I've done a couple of games. That, and that this week's chem report was short enough for me to do so. x'D

I think I can be online for another while, though, so I guess you can ask any other thing if you'd like.

Okay, so @Ice Espeon has a legit reason too. Why didn't you inform the hosts about this though? If you couldn't completely post at all due to technical difficulties, you might as well have taken an approved leave of absence. Because otherwise, yeah, we have proper grounds to call you out as being inactive or lurking.

Regardless, it's funny how the guy who's up for lynch isn't the one who role-claimed. If this wagon really was accelerated by mafia as Celever says, doesn't that look like redirection towards tgk if IE happened to be a wolf despite being an inactive? Tgk's role does look fine, though, but shame that such a powerful role got dragged out in the light so early. But since he can protect himself as he says, he should be fine.

Now if we're not going after tgk or IE, who? We're on the latter half of Day 1 already, so I don't want to remove my vote on the board. I'd switch, but I want to be sure for the next person I'd vote for.

@Celever Realistically, it's near impossible to lynch a scum Day 1. From what I've seen in PokéBeach, a D1 lynched scum is almost always either 1) by extremely good luck 2) outed by seer or similar roles and 3) slipping with the safeclaim, and I don't think we've got any of the latter two so far.
Eh, I wouldn't say this is the case. Maybe it is here because of Camo, but on other forums mafia CAN be figured out with a semi-decent success rate (about 1/3 I'd say). I've used at least a similar technique here with Luis because I actually could look back through the posts, so I think this is at least a pretty good case. No one's actually shared thoughts on it yet, though >_>.

And it's not at all too late to get a lynch going on Luis or really any player we want.

^ Silly formatting.
Reinforce said:

@Celever Realistically, it's near impossible to lynch a scum Day 1. From what I've seen in PokéBeach, a D1 lynched scum is almost always either 1) by extremely good luck 2) outed by seer or similar roles and 3) slipping with the safeclaim, and I don't think we've got any of the latter two so far.
Eh, I wouldn't say this is the case. Maybe it is here because of Camo, but on other forums mafia CAN be figured out with a semi-decent success rate (about 1/3 I'd say). I've used at least a similar technique here with Luis because I actually could look back through the posts, so I think this is at least a pretty good case. No one's actually shared thoughts on it yet, though >_>.

And it's not at all too late to get a lynch going on Luis or really any player we want.

Also I'll reply to Luis' post now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back