Finished Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [AND THE WINNERS ARE...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

its back boys and girls
RE: Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [DAY 3: ends Wednesday 8th]

Huh? The whoops is definitely confusing. Not sure if he's being sarcastic, or what the whoops is even referring to. If he's being serious about some sort of mistake he made about the wording, then that definitely isn't clear and I don't think he could make that kind of claim without greatly affecting the game. It would basically confirm SF's role, or scum claim if they're even provided one. Still, it would make me very uneasy about voting for him.

However, until such a confirmation is provided, I think the best course of action here is to vote him.

##Vote: Scorched Feathers

I'm solidifying my vote in case I don't have time to catch up during the weekdays. But I'll most likely check in whenever I can to see if Teal sheds a little more light on his "Whoops"...

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

And a vote count...

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Teal, explain yourself. You can't just say stuff like that and leave us wondering what the deal is.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Teal must have meant to say 'oops'. I highly doubt he would be stupid enough to post randomly and possibly give away something. #.#Annihilate Teal
That doesn't count BTW. You said I had to use vote and unvote, right?

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure

Just realized that I messed up with my voting.

Also, that "whoops" was more confusing than helpful.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past

I find SF's misplaced bold tags to be way more suspicious than his English spelling... Mistaken bold part can mean that he tampered with his role even if he c/p'ed the original and simply forgot to add something. On the other hand, I find the spelling part a lot more shaky. I myself used to write in British English, and only after a while and due to interaction and communication with Americans did I start to write in American English. Basing it on that says nothing... Besides, if SF didn't c/p his role, he could have easily just copied but write it the way it was... if he did c/p it then the mistake is the misplaced bold tag.
Overall, SF's claim is probably false, but not due to spelling.

One Approved

;
Advanced Member

I don't understand why we as a town are pushing people to publicly claim, if not directly quote what their roles are. If anything, it makes easier pickings for the wolves. If a wolf is claiming to be a town with a fake role, they'll know, and if it's a townies, they'll also know. If anything, it gives them a better idea of who to kill at night because they can then determine whether or not that townie is a threat.

Also AFAIK, Teal is from somewhere in Europe, so switching to the British English for a role PM wouldn't be surprising. If SF had broken any rules or anything, I highly doubt he would just leave it at "whoops" and then dip, but the fact that he just kind of leaves it there gives us a reason to discuss. We don't know what whoops means, maybe SF isn't actually faking? Or maybe he is!!! Unfortunately, Teal can't come and outright claim "yeah I accidentally used British, sry guis" because then he, as a host, would have basically just confirmed SF as town, (or at the very least, his role) which he can't do. So it's a rather difficult spot to be in.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...

Hmmm...

I tend to switch between British and American English myself (sometimes in the span of one sentence), since it's my second language so I think pouncing on SF for that reason is silly. That "whoops" could be Teal just realizing that he'd used British spelling for that role and the way things are playing out now, SF could get lynched due to a host's mistake... which is sort of unfair in addition to making the host feel guilty. But he can't come out and say it in the thread, as that would either confirm or discredit SF's claim. It actually reminds me of what happened with GM Draclord in The Members' Revolt.

Regardless, there is still reason to suspect SF's claim as has been stated above... But I think we still have a day or so, maybe there's a chance Teal will say whether that "whoops" has any relation to SF's situation. Who knows, maybe Teal's just trolling us. :p

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer

Teal I swear if I get lynched for this-

Well, I have nothing. It's up to you, guys. Believe me, or believe a petty argument about spelling.

CrimsonFlame

Professional Adventurer

I am horribly confused. I'm going to reread everything again before I cast a vote.

alex

Miss the game

I think the spelling is stupid reasoning. I'm just going off the bold tags.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

Reinforce said:
Hmmm...

I tend to switch between British and American English myself (sometimes in the span of one sentence), since it's my second language so I think pouncing on SF for that reason is silly. That "whoops" could be Teal just realizing that he'd used British spelling for that role and the way things are playing out now, SF could get lynched due to a host's mistake... which is sort of unfair in addition to making the host feel guilty. But he can't come out and say it in the thread, as that would either confirm or discredit SF's claim. It actually reminds me of what happened with GM Draclord in The Members' Revolt.

Regardless, there is still reason to suspect SF's claim as has been stated above... But I think we still have a day or so, maybe there's a chance Teal will say whether that "whoops" has any relation to SF's situation. Who knows, maybe Teal's just trolling us. :p

I'm Flattered that you rememberred the incident

Celever

Wheeeee~

Teal said:

Teal is a professional host, and this is anything but. I'm convinced that this is some kind of role, but I don't really know why it would be wasted (as there are a lot of one time abilities) even of they are scum.

Right now I just don't think we should think about Teal's post...

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

I just realized there might be some slight inconsistencies in the wordings of PM:s.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
RE: Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [DAY 2 UPDATE]

Vote Count:
Scorched Feathers (Celever, Blui, bbninjas, Meaty, Celever, AlexanderTheAwesome, bigfootaus, Luispipe8, rev3rsor, Lenny, TwistedTurtwig)
PMJ (Celever)
Celever (Scorched Feathers)

12 vote count required for a lynch.

Celever

Wheeeee~

Oh. Nothing to do with that spelling, but someone pointed out that the next night thing was phrased differently than in TT's role PM.

Ok, SF is town. Who should we lynch?

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Celever said:
Oh. Nothing to do with that spelling, but someone pointed out that the next night thing was phrased differently than in TT's role PM.

Hold it right there... That doesn't clear out SF as Town. His "role PM" was strangely formatted and his behavior wasn't as townie as well. I'm more and more convinced that your Lynch is the better choice once we're done with Drohn wishlist, Celever.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

We need two more votes to lynch SF. Jackal, reinforce, care to cast your votes?

Celever

Wheeeee~

Lol OK, we'll see about how valid my lynch is once we lynch SF... Calling it, he's town. It just makes sense really.

CrimsonFlame

Professional Adventurer

Okay, so I'm mostly caught up, and SF does seem to be the best candidate for lynching, but...

Celever said:

This sets me off a bit. Celever, from my short time on these forums, doesn't seem like the hasty type. Correct me if I'm wrong (seriously, please correct me if I'm wrong), but Celever has been quite analytical this whole game. Then, his play style shifts. He seems quite content with just pushing off this topic completely, and forgetting about all the accusations against SF.

Maybe they're both wolves? Sure, SF holds the only vote against Celever, but that's a common wolf tactic to ward away suspicion. If SF turns out to be scum...

Anyway,

Status
Not open for further replies.