Finished Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [AND THE WINNERS ARE...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
RE: Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [DAY 3: ends Wednesday 8th]

alex said:
Scorched Feathers said:
Whoops, I didn't copy-paste my role from the reply box and messed up while doing the tags. Sorry ;;

I made an excuse like this last game too, but an excuse is all it really was. I made a mistake in copying my fake role, and I am sure that is what happened here too.

Is there not just as much a chance that he made a mistake copying his real role than his fake role then?

Celever

Wheeeee~

alex said:
Celever said:
Also, I found an update where Teal said "infamous". I thought I was onto something with SF, but I guess not ;(.

You spell infamous/famous with a U in every type of English.

Huh. That's true... Why did I think it wasn't like that?

Ok, everyone keep checking your role pms lol.

alex

Miss the game

Celever said:
alex said:
I made an excuse like this last game too, but an excuse is all it really was. I made a mistake in copying my fake role, and I am sure that is what happened here too.

Is there not just as much a chance that he made a mistake copying his real role than his fake role then?

What happened was the "/" was deleted from "[/b]". This wouldn't be possible unless the role was tampered with. A character doesn't just get deleted from the middle of a c/p.

alex

Miss the game

Oh, Scorched actually said he didn't c/p the bold tags. But that still adds suspicion as to why he put in the bold tags (and the quote tags, considering he didn't c/p) separately, instead of just copying them straight from the role PM or leaving them out altogether.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

I do think that Celever is onto something with the British spellings
Too many "oh I just made a mistake here here and here"

##Vote: Scorched Feathers

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Agreed with AtA. Meaty made a mistake. SF made a mistake. Camo made a mistake. Technically KoN made a mistake... That is a lot of mistakes.

Celever

Wheeeee~

The spelling is, IMO the crucial, irrefutable evidence that we need to really prosecute SF. I really don't think he is THAT scummy besides that... but is still probably the best we've got. Sorry bby <3

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Yeah, SF's role claim looks tampered with. And the fact that Gootrap was used without any warnings or indications or explanation (until today) seems suspicious to me - why would a townie do such a thing? It's more likely a scum ability, especially with SF's reason for using it: "Because I was scared of being lynched when Camo was scummier."
It would be bussing except Gootrap was not publicly known until after Camo died. So, regardless of Camo's alignment, SF was looking to keep everyone's votes focused on someone else and away from himself with no public reason. That seems scummy to me.

##VOTE: Scorched Feathers

Just as a note, I don't think using British English as a reason for believing in tampering is a strong reason. Teal's from Austria, and as SF said: "Teal probably switches a bit, considering he is from neither America nor Britain."

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Thanks goodness I'm not the only one that thought SF's claim was fake. :p

bigfootaus said:
Just as a note, I don't think using British English as a reason for believing in tampering is a strong reason. Teal's from Austria, and as SF said: "Teal probably switches a bit, considering he is from neither America nor Britain."

Whereas I do agree with this, it's still weirdly formatted. If it was an authentic one, or at least a decently faked one, you could have bothered to Preview it, or used the Forum's HTML editor so it didn't derped... :v

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Oh, some things:

a) Apparently I forgot to vote. :v
##VOTE: Scorched Feathers

b) This Thread is overflowing with activity, I feel I'll never get to read with all this lot of posts. [/sarcasm]

c) ##Teal, can we see a vote count? I don't think we've seen one today.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

And with Camo and Drohn gone, it looks it is me and Celever fighting for most activity. Let's see... Consults post count document: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/misc.php?action=whoposted&tid=120680
Well... it looks like Luis, AtA, Bigfootaus (Go Australia!) and Drac are the most active besides me and Celever (they have overtaken Teal). Interestingly enough, Jeremy has the 7th most posts and he died D1. Wow.

Reinforce, One Approved, Wailord, MtC and Crimson Flame have posted the least. Out of those,only MtC has actually been helpful IMO. Once could look at the doc and conclude Cinesra and TheGuy were actually good kills due to the lack of adding into the conversation.

Analysing, analysing. Everyone loves anaylising.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

I'm less active than the game host derp .-.
Somehow I don't think SF's role is legit, but it could be a mistake. Still seems weird that he put three sets of tags in total (as opposed to one open and one close). Also the wording seems weird, but I can't confirm this since my abilities aren't similar to his.
I'll just drop my vote here for now: ##vote: Scorched Feathers

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

another double post, but I just had a look at TT's role (when he revealed) and it says:
"Your full role will be revealed in the upcoming public night update." The way this is phrased is quite different to how SF phrases his ("The public night update mentions any slimy person.") which is why I'm inclined to believe he faked it.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Scorched Feathers said:
Goodra
Alignment: Town
You are the friendly neighbourhood dragon who is always smiling. Everyone loves you! That is kind of problematic, though, because when people touch you, they get slimy...

Ability: Gooey
Anyone who targets you gets slimy. The public night update mentions any slimy person.

Ability: Gootrap
Use: once per game at day
You may PM me to activate this ability. From that very point on, no player can unvote during that day anymore.

Insert text here

The above is SF's claim. Looking over it and referring my growing database of claims, the claim is definitely off in wording. Following is a more realistic/Teal-like worded role using the same sentence structure:

More Realistic Version said:
Goodra
You are the friendly neighbourhood dragon who is always smiling. Everyone loves you! That is kind of problematic, though, because when people touch you, they get slimy...

Anyone who targets you gets slimy. The upcoming public night update mentions any slimy players.

Use: once per game at day
You may PM me to activate this ability. From that very point on, no player can unvote during that day anymore.

Bolded stuff is changes.
Role references/reason:
Upcoming: Slowking, Pikachu
Players: Had bad grammar, Arbok, Cobalion, Smeargle, Pikachu... Basically every role except for Slowking.
'Get' probably works as seen in Arbok's role.
Furthermore, this is how I would write the role (based on Teal's work):
EVEN More Realistic Version said:
Goodra

Anyone who targets you will become slimy in the upcoming public night.

Use: once per game during day
You may PM me to activate this ability. From that point onward, no player can unvote during that day.
Rewording reasons:
Gooey: Based mainly on Arbok's Poison Fang
Gootrap: Sounds better and flows nicer ;)
I would also named Gootrap 'Goo Trap', no other role has two words put together or hyphenated. Although, Watchog's revealed role has Watcheck so...

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Oh, and another thing I just noticed...
The flavour for Goodra is a bit contradictory.
Scorched Feathers said:
What is the 'Everyone loves you!" doing there? It makes the 'that is kind of problematic' seem to be referring to 'everyone loving you'. I would of thought it would have made sense if it was referring to the 'friendly' part.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Whoops.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

not sure if 'whoops' at his mistake or 'whoops' at SF's mistake

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Also the fact we didn't got the count...

Status
Not open for further replies.