Finished Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [AND THE WINNERS ARE...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
RE: Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [DAY 2: ends Thursday 2nd]

Not mindless. If Camo is town, we'll now that what the reporter says is to help us. If he's scum, we not only get rid of a wolf, but we'll know that we should not be influenced by the reporter's words.

alex

Miss the game

alex said:
Camoclone should not be lynched until we at least get more information from the Town Crier.

Reposting this because I don't think any of the last 5 posts read it.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

Meaty said:
Knowing the reporter's alignment still lets us know whether or not we can trust their updates that are posted every game day, I'd say that's worth it regardless of who the reporter actually is. Not to mention both Celever and Camo have been scummy since day 1. Didn't mean to offend you CC btw, just true that you post a lot. I've admittedly been way more active in this game than the last few because I've had a lot more free time lately (community college is way less time consuming than high school, no joke.)

Let's say that we figure out he's scum
He would know we can't trust him and adjust his headlines to trick us

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Luispipe8 said:
You know, I think that Celever SHOULD go down tonight... However, I say that we lynch Camoclone tomorrow. That way, we can know if the Reporter is on our side or not. If he flips scum, then he shall not be trusted. Otherwise, it can be a great ally.

##VOTE: Celever

So let's go ahead and restate your plan
Sacrifice someone (I'm ok with that, I voted for Celever)
Sacrifice someone who has a good chance of being town (Camoclone)
WHY?? Because we want to figure out whether the reporter is scum or town.
Any flaws??
*thinks*
Oh ya! We.Dont.Know.Who.The.Reporter.Is
If camp is town we completely wasted a townie on a mindless search -_-

Pretty much this. Although Celever is scummy, we should know based off his reveal what Camoclone is.
We already saw Celever's strong defense of Camo yesterday. I'd bet if/when he flips scum, Camo will too.
However, if Celever is town... What exactly do we have against Camoclone?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

Luispipe8 said:
You know, I think that Celever SHOULD go down tonight... However, I say that we lynch Camoclone tomorrow. That way, we can know if the Reporter is on our side or not. If he flips scum, then he shall not be trusted. Otherwise, it can be a great ally.

So let's go ahead and restate your plan
Sacrifice someone (I'm ok with that, I voted for Celever)
Sacrifice someone who has a good chance of being town (Camoclone)
WHY?? Because we want to figure out whether the reporter is scum or town.
Any flaws??
*thinks*
Oh ya! We.Dont.Know.Who.The.Reporter.Is
If camp is town we completely wasted a townie on a mindless search -_-

Pretty much this. Although Celever is scummy, we should know based off his reveal what Camoclone is.
We already saw Celever's strong defense of Camo yesterday. I'd bet if/when he flips scum, Camo will too.
However, if Celever is town... What exactly do we have against Camoclone?

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Meaty said:
Knowing the reporter's alignment still lets us know whether or not we can trust their updates that are posted every game day, I'd say that's worth it regardless of who the reporter actually is. Not to mention both Celever and Camo have been scummy since day 1. Didn't mean to offend you CC btw, just true that you post a lot. I've admittedly been way more active in this game than the last few because I've had a lot more free time lately (community college is way less time consuming than high school, no joke.)

Let's say that we figure out he's scum
He would know we can't trust him and adjust his headlines to trick us

That's the thing. If Camoclone turns out to be scum, then we should NEVER even consider what he says.

And alex, I did read it, but my point still stands.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

I though earlier you guys state that celever would die anyway, why would weclynch him?

Did i miss read something

Blui

lv85 paladin

Celever said:
Strongest scum reads are Drohn, Blui and SF. On the fence with Meaty and bigfoot, but both are I think contributing well, so I'm leaning town with them. Pretty sure I just have a town read for everyone else, but I'll do proper reads tomorrow/when I have time to check if I missed something.

Please explain as to why you think I'm scum. Last time you did this I responded to your assertions and you seemed satisfied (i.e. You didn't respond, at all).

I do agree with you on Drohn being pretty scummy, yesterday he was fine but something feels off about his posts today.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...

GM DracLord said:
I though earlier you guys state that celever would die anyway, why would weclynch him?

Cinesra is the one dying today.

@AlexandertheAwesome Reporters can be either town or wolf, which factors in their trustworthiness. And the easiest way to deduce this is by lynching the player they declare. Whether the sacrifice of one player is worth it or not, depends on what the player flips. That's why we are considering it, but it isn't our priority (which is why there's more focus on interrogating Celever today). Like alex has stated, more information can help us and we might even be able to eventually deduce the reporter's alignment without lynching anyone to do so.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

Reinforce said:
GM DracLord said:

Cinesra is the one dying today.

@AlexandertheAwesome Reporters can be either town or wolf, which factors in their trustworthiness. And the easiest way to deduce this is by lynching the player they declare. Whether the sacrifice of one player is worth it or not, depends on what the player flips. That's why we are considering it, but it isn't our priority (which is why there's more focus on interrogating Celever today). Like alex has stated, more information can help us and we might even be able to eventually deduce the reporter's alignment without lynching anyone to do so.

Really.. I really should stop reading when i'm sleepy

On celever.. Pi'm not feeling to start lynching him just yet.. Let us discuss more atleast

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head

Ha! I was right about Grant. I find it strange that the scum killed him N1. Maybe there was a redirector?

Luispipe8 said:
Ok, I'm far from a PC right now and going into a math test in a few hours, so can't really post the ability. What I CAN say right now is that I misread it, I was supposed to activate it. :p I'll see if I can C/P from PM into a draft, but I doubt it. I'll most probably get to do it later tonight.

Luispipe8 said:
Ok, so it appears the mindless wagon that Celever started against me was a huge fail... :p But for you guys not to say that I took advantage of that to avoid claiming, I'll post the Ability I mentioned before:

Ability: Classical Beauty
Use: once per game at night
You may PM me a player name. You will get that player’s item name, if any.

I targeted Drohn, to no success. And based on the couple roles that have been revealed as of now, I don't have an idea of what kind of items are there this game. I guess I could have used this a bit later into the game so I could have more chances. A bit too late to think about it, I guess. :p

Luispipe8 said:
Celever said:
If there were items in this game, Purrloin or Glameow would make perfect sense as a thief.

I can confirm that some players might have items. I've an Ability that tells me if a player that targeted me has one. I don't get the Pokémon or the Item, though. e.e Thanks for the useless Ability, Teal. :p

But now, to answer your post, you may be right in some points, but I just don't see Drohn as scummy. I'll have to check both Camo and Drohn now. I'll keep my vote on you, however, because AS FROM WHAT I'VE READ SO FAR (I haven't cought up completely), you see like my brst lynch candidate.

How... how did you misread that ability so badly? That's not even close to what you thought it was lol. Also, I'm pretty positive you slipped up. In the first of these 3 posts, you said "I was supposed to activate it", then in the second of the 3 posts, you said you targeted Drohn. This sounds like a poorly made cover up to Celever's results. Also, who do you plan to target tonight? You might as well tell us, since we know your ability now. Your posts also seem more wolf-like to me, honestly.

Also, a vote, because I'm pretty sure you're scum.

##VOTE: Luispipe8

Drohn said:
Why not wait with the vote until you have time to give your reasoning?
I wanted to get my opinion out there, also it's not like some new and exciting information, it's basically all that happened last day phase and it's really bothering me that he keeps pressuring people to claim. I feel like he's telling everyone who has a chance to get lynched to claim or die

I think the only person he told to claim was Luis, who I think really did need to claim after Celever revealed his results.

I'm also not sure what to think of you calling me a newbie, are you trying to come up with a reason for everyone else as to why they shouldn't follow me?

All he said was he wasn't going to harass you for what you said since you're a newer player. I doubt he meant it in a derogatory way.

Luispipe8 said:

Drohn said:
That's actually a great point. If we lynch Camoclone we'll right away know if we can trust the announcer or not.

I'm off to bed now, gnight!

We should absolutely not lynch Camo just to see if the announcer is telling the truth or not. That is a giant waste of a lynch for something that will probably end up with us lynching town.
- If the announcer is town, they're likely correct in what they're saying, and we shouldn't lynch Camo, but he probably doesn't no anything as fact, since a Seer/Announcer would be ridiculously broken.
- If they're a wolf, and Camo is also a wolf, putting more unneeded attention onto Camo would be a horrible idea for the announcer, considering it could very easily contribute to his lynch. (It could contribute towards his lynch through the reasoning Luis gave.)
- If the announcer is a wolf, and Camo is town, then he's town and we shouldn't lynch him.
My thought is we shouldn't listen to what the announcer says, until it is proven we can trust them. Because of the whole point about "unneeded attention", I'm thinking if the announcer is a wolf, Camo is town, since the wolves don't want to bring attention onto other wolves like that.

I would very much like a Luis lynch today. Nothing about him is really making me think he's going to flip town, and I don't suspect anyone nearly as much. Celever I'm inclined to believe is town, especially if Luis flips wolf. Camo I'm thinking town, but I'd like to see how he acts today. Drohn I'm thinking is town, but still kinda neutral.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Hm, Machamp, if you read my ability correctly, it's a one-use thing. ._. So I plan to target... my dog. But back to the accusation, I simply thought the Ability was bad, so didn't read it a lot. I paid more attention to it when I came up to use it last night. Just so you know, I have an Ability that can prove me town with the next daily update... But I'd rather not use it yet, unless it's really necessary.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head

Luispipe8 said:
Hm, Machamp, if you read my ability correctly, it's a one-use thing. ._. So I plan to target... my dog. But back to the accusation, I simply thought the Ability was bad, so didn't read it a lot. I paid more attention to it when I came up to use it last night. Just so you know, I have an Ability that can prove me town with the next daily update... But I'd rather not use it yet, unless it's really necessary.

I actually did notice that it was a one-time use. I was just testing you to see if you knew that. I do find it suspicious that you used a one-time use ability night 1 without much of a reason.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Haha, testing... xD And that's exactly what I said when I posted it. I wanted some info on items and took a shot, but might as well could have waited for someone with an item to be eliminated... :p

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Luispipe8 said:
Just so you know, I have an Ability that can prove me town with the next daily update... But I'd rather not use it yet, unless it's really necessary.

And why are we going to trust that... You could be quite easily making that up. Maybe a claim would be more comforting. Oh, and are you... Milotic by any chance? Your claim certainly seems like that would fit.

Celever

Wheeeee~

OK thank you MtC someone could see that situation for what it really was! I just now I'd get a bunch of shit thrown at me if I pressed Luis' claim any more...

Although that one time use thing could just be a cover up so that he doesn't have to give any results for the rest of the game, as he won't know any. Seriously, what use would it be to know Drohn's item N1? It's not like you're going to claim it or something!

@Blui... I don't know. There's just something in your D1 posts; no scum tells I can find or anything like that, they just seem slightly off there. That said, your post D2 was towny, so maybe you just got a bit caught up in amidst the chaos.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

bbninjas said:
Luispipe8 said:
Just so you know, I have an Ability that can prove me town with the next daily update... But I'd rather not use it yet, unless it's really necessary.

And why are we going to trust that... You could be quite easily making that up. Maybe a claim would be more comforting. Oh, and are you... Milotic by any chance? Your claim certainly seems like that would fit.

I have to agree with bbninja on the trusting part. Its just looks like you wanna buy some time.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

So I've caught up on what I think has happened.
Luis may or may not have an ability. He had a single use one that he wasted? seemed like it.
Celever seems scummy.
Camo hasn't posted yet.

I'm going to take a risk and say that my ability requires the Legendary Life Orb. If anyone has it, please consider passing it to me. Thanks :p (It's all I have for now, apart from a not-yet-revealed secret ability).

Celever

Wheeeee~

Don't. Scum can need items too, and oftentimes when they do, their abilities are super powerful.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi

Caught up with today and I agree with the reasonings against Luis. An ability that weak to be a one use ability seems really underpowered, suspiciously so. It would be slightly believable if paired with something else, but it seems his other ability is also weak.

##VOTE: Luispipe8

On the announcer thing, in The Reign of Terror, I was in a mason group with Teal, Drac and Lenny. Drac was an announcer and Lenny gained a one time seer ability through a scum dying D1. IIRC Lenny used the seer ability N1 on MtC, who was a wolf, something which we announced to the town later in the game. It is possible that in this game that the announcer was linked to a one time seer or was one themself and used it on Camo N1, thinking he was scum but was infact town. I still think that we should take it with a pinch of salt for now, but use later announcements to judge whether to believe them or not. Lynching Camo to find out the announcer's alignment would also be a bit silly, as we would be sacrificing someone who is a good player (even if he is a little annoying :p ) and who is probably town in exchange for being able to more accurately guess the alignment of somebody who is anonymous.

I still think that Drohn and bbninjas are linked somehow after the way bbninjas acted yesterday. Since Drohn agreed so easily with Luis' idea to lynch Camo to check the announcer's alignment, I would go after Drohn if Luis flips scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.