Finished Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [AND THE WINNERS ARE...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
RE: Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [DAY 2: ends Thursday 2nd]

Drohn said:
Celever said:
Ok WHAT!? "Poison/Ghost theme". The only scum we have seen thus far is Arbok. Where is the Ghost in that? Absol, a Dark-Type is aligned with the town, and Dark-Type literally means "Evil" in Japan. I really thought it would just be stereo-typically evil Pokémon, nothing to do with a type theme. First saying that you believe there is a typing theme is odd, but saying that it includes Ghost-Types really tips me over the edge.

Unvote: Luis
Vote: Drohn

Did you even read the update? The scum that performed the kill is a Dusknoir (Ghost). Absol might be a Dark type Pokémon, but it's definitely a special case. If you read the Pokédex entry or watch the anime you should know this. It even gets the ability Justified.

Whoops, forgot, sorry. Even so, having a type theme is a scummy thing to assume because there are many "evil" Pokémon from all types. Absol was also just an example of why the type theme is a bad idea; not a special case, a flaw in your theory. Anomalies exist, but I just think it is a huge leap forward for an assumption... And it just kinda ribs me up the wrong way,

PMJ said:
Celever is saying that Luis backpedaled by saying that he has a usable night action, when before he implied that he had no such role.

Not only did Luis never claim to not have a night action as Celever suggested, but Celever is attributing Luis's statement about his ability to his entire role so his entire argument is el sheeto.

He said that he misread and that he does in fact have to activate the role he previously claimed. I really don't understand why a role like that would be one that he has to activate... Do you? I am saying he backpedaled by first saying that THAT ability was passive, and then that the same ability is not passive. He clearly stated it in a previous post today...

Luispipe8 said:
God, I hate how I have to read through a lot of posts everytime I leave. Dx
A couple of things:
-Celever had a stroke and suddenly forgot how to vote. ._.
-@PMJ, I see your reasoning. I will reveal my ability as soon as I get back home(~4 hours) just to silence Celever.
-I'm more sure than ever that Celever is the better lynch.(I won't vote yet, though.)
-Don't know if the newspaper guy is trustworthy yet. I guess we'll have to find out sooner or later.

Oh whoops!

##Vote: Drohn

Sorry Teal no modkilling please! :p

Drohn

Wild War Dance

The types are just a theory based on the two known scum Pokémon. It's a possibility, but it's not something confirmed, clearly. I do think the scum team are based on Pokémon that are known to be somewhat evil. It's not like it matters, since the scum team won't likely reveal their Pokémon.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Celever said:
Drohn said:
Did you even read the update? The scum that performed the kill is a Dusknoir (Ghost). Absol might be a Dark type Pokémon, but it's definitely a special case. If you read the Pokédex entry or watch the anime you should know this. It even gets the ability Justified.

Whoops, forgot, sorry. Even so, having a type theme is a scummy thing to assume because there are many "evil" Pokémon from all types. Absol was also just an example of why the type theme is a bad idea; not a special case, a flaw in your theory. Anomalies exist, but I just think it is a huge leap forward for an assumption... And it just kinda ribs me up the wrong way,

PMJ said:
Celever is saying that Luis backpedaled by saying that he has a usable night action, when before he implied that he had no such role.

Not only did Luis never claim to not have a night action as Celever suggested, but Celever is attributing Luis's statement about his ability to his entire role so his entire argument is el sheeto.

He said that he misread and that he does in fact have to activate the role he previously claimed. I really don't understand why a role like that would be one that he has to activate... Do you? I am saying he backpedaled by first saying that THAT ability was passive, and then that the same ability is not passive. He clearly stated it in a previous post today...

Luispipe8 said:
A couple of things:
-Celever had a stroke and suddenly forgot how to vote. ._.
-@PMJ, I see your reasoning. I will reveal my ability as soon as I get back home(~4 hours) just to silence Celever.
-I'm more sure than ever that Celever is the better lynch.(I won't vote yet, though.)
-Don't know if the newspaper guy is trustworthy yet. I guess we'll have to find out sooner or later.

Oh whoops!

##Vote: Drohn

Sorry Teal no modkilling please! :p

I would say that is a small, unimportant assumption on Drohn's part. Remember all those town members killed in the flavour were NORMAL type. And, yeah, I see where you are going with that... but it quite simply doesn't give us important information.

I would like to know why you are taking/defending/argueing about the type assumption.

Meaty said:
I'm actually going to agree with bbninjas here and say type doesn't have very much to do with it, but it's not uncommon for wolves to have an ongoing and evil aesthetic I suppose. I mainly brought up Drohn's Charizard as something with a possibility of truth to be noted, but I don't think it's very important. He reacted calmly as usual, but the type thing is a bit silly as an "excuse" for Drohn (not like I'm really accusing him of much.) It's definitely a poor reason to call him scummy. Celever is once again using silly little things to put the blame on others, especially Drohn for some reason. "Fishing" is quite a fitting term for his actions.

Does that mean you are suspicious of me? :p

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Meaty said:
Ok that night update was actually hilarious. I can't believe there was a secret scum ad he was killed by scum night 1 lol. The Dusknoir could be an indie, but then again it was the only death this night and the flavour said Dusknor regretted the kill. It's obvious that grant was the one who poisoned Cinesra now, but like PMJ said that doesn't confirm Cinesra as town. Of course he's dead no matter what so kind of a moot point. Now that I'm done repeating information for the sake of my own review, let's get to the new little thing I noticed.
Based on Grant's role text, wolves knew from the start that Arbok existed, and they only knew him by Pokemon name. That does confirm that in at least one case roles were told to find a certain other Pokemon. That makes it pretty likely that there are other roles like this. It may not have to do anything with alignment, but I do feel obligated to bring up Drohn's Charizard question again... Naturally, this makes the action a little more suspicious, and the one example we've seen of Pokemon name-hunting was notably from the wolves. Honestly that could make it either more likely or less likely that another role like this is town or not. Again, Drohn could have really been just fooling around, but it's something to note, at least. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Charizard after all.

What I find interesting is that I SUSPECTED Grant for being scum. If the scum didn't figure that out...

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.

bbninjas said:

Uh, no? All I did was agree with you on the little significance of types and alignment.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Meaty said:
bbninjas said:

Uh, no? All I did was agree with you on the little significance of types and alignment.

Just approached a bit weirdly, I thought. Anyway, it is unimportant.

Celever

Wheeeee~

bbninjas, if we just shrug everything off as simple and useless we will get nowhere. Pestering people annoyingly is how you find scum...

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

PMJ said:
Goodra's Gooey is a strong possibility. TheGuy, SF, what did you do last night?
With the possibility existing that Goodra/Gooey Pokemon is town, I don't know if having two other potential townies claim to reveal yet another town.

Drohn said:
Gooey is the only thing I can think of with the slime. SF and TheGuy probably targeted a Goodra. Not sure what their roles are, but since they might be town I don't think it's a good idea to force them to claim. If Goodra died it would have been a good reason to suspect them.
Sticky Hold and Liquid Ooze come to mind. Although Sticky Hold sounds like it would have more to do with items, but Liquid Ooze is always an option.
It's also possible that this isn't the work of abilities at all, and operates similar to the arsenic in other forms of WW. Douse the victims one night, light them up the next? Maybe a role for Galvantula or Victreebel? Although that would mean Gastro Acid is slimy... Not sure.

Meaty said:
Oh whoops, I totally forgot about the real elephant I'm the room, "Do not lynch Camoclone." I can't decide if that's extremely scummy or if it's actually credible. I did suggest he was a good idea to seer, but are seers ever strong enough to anonymously share their findings? As for the gooey thing, I have no thoughts on it and we've yet to see any actual effects from it.
Given both messages, I think it's safe to assume that the reporter is newbie town working alone. There doesn't seem to be much thought put behind each message, implying that he isn't working with others on it perhaps?
Either way, I still stand by my decision yesterday. Camoclone is a dumb lynch.

Drohn said:
@Meaty: I'm not looking for a Pokémon and if there's a Charizard I doubt it would be a scum Pokémon. They seem to go for the Poison/Ghost theme for that. There are probably some Dark type Pokémon in there as well. I also wouldn't make it obvious I was looking for a scum partner if I was scum.
While that may appear to be the case, we can't know that for sure. However, if the ability is, in fact, Gooey, I sorta doubt that a large cuddly dragon can be evil...
Unless it is something like Muk or Swalot.

PMJ said:
Celever, Luis didn't contradict anything. You're fishing; give up. Use your last day better.

Drohn said:
Celever said:
Ok WHAT!? "Poison/Ghost theme". The only scum we have seen thus far is Arbok. Where is the Ghost in that? Absol, a Dark-Type is aligned with the town, and Dark-Type literally means "Evil" in Japan. I really thought it would just be stereo-typically evil Pokémon, nothing to do with a type theme. First saying that you believe there is a typing theme is odd, but saying that it includes Ghost-Types really tips me over the edge.

Unvote: Luis
Vote: Drohn

Drohn said:
To elaborate, based on the Ghost and Poison type scum that are known, I assume that the theme for scum is to use Pokémon that are evil/poisonous like Ghost, Poison, and Dark type Pokémon.
As I stated above, we can't know that types are a definite give-away to scum. But for now it can be a good indicator. Maybe there's a seer-like Pokemon that can see types? Would be a flavorful way to add millers. (I doubt this highly, but the possibility does exist.)

For now, I believe the announcer. Maybe more so since he is backing what I said yesterday. But regardless of him, I still believe Celever to be scummy, especially after his attack on Luis and strong reaction to Drohn earlier.

##VOTE: Celever

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Celever this, Celever that. Celever tell me what allignment you are on. Celever tell me who to vote for. Celever tell me who you are going to vote for. Celever tell me how old you are. Celever tell me where everyone else is. Celever are you using a computer? Celever are you using a smartphone? Celever do you like Apple? Celever do you like Palkia? Celever am I pestering you now?

You DO NOT need to answer ANY of the questions

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

In case you are wondering, Celever's name has appeared 25 times in the above posts.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.

What I find weird is that we've yet to see any posts from Camo today, when he normally rivals Celever in being talkative... Do you think the slimy gooey whatever thing somehow muted him? SF hasn't spoken either, but Camo's silence is obviously weirder. I guess we'll find out because of the post minimum, and the day only just started anyway,

Drohn

Wild War Dance

SF and TheGuy were slimy. If Camoclone is silenced I doubt it's related to that. SF is just being scummy as always and will pop up once a wagon is going, which he can jump on.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Drohn said:
SF and TheGuy were slimy. If Camoclone is silenced I doubt it's related to that. SF is just being scummy as always and will pop up once a wagon is going, which he can jump on.

According to Camo's profile page, he hasn't been on since Teal posted the update

Camoclone: Last Visit: Yesterday 10:21 PM

Teal's update: Yesterday 10:37 PM

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Luispipe8 said:
Went to bed just as Teal posted the Day update, woke up to 5 more pages of stuff. I feel like people are being quieter so far.

##VOTE: Celever
Not sure what's going on with you, but you were trying to build an argument against Luispipe8 on a really weak base and you can't vote properly. Or, you know how to vote properly and those early failed votes were just an attempt to spook skim-readers.
And there hasn't been anything since the previous Day to make me think you're less suspicious.

While I don't think Pokemon types are a good basis for looking for scum, I don't think it's worth voting against Drohn over. It's a plausible theory, but can be disproven very quickly if we lynch a wolf that isn't Poison, Ghost, or Dark.

Celever

Wheeeee~

Drohn said:

Ugh just posting to say that if I were SF rn I wouldn't be getting the reaction of "Celever is just being scummy as always". >_<

Even though I am.

@bigfoot:
Like I said before, if you find a contradiction in a role it is usually thought of as means to lynch them. Obviously there are exceptions, and this is one of them, but depending on Luis' reaction it could have been a powerful thing. Honestly is just makes me believe Luis is town; many wolves, experienced or otherwise, would panic at having a result being used against them. Luis did not such thing, so I really don't think he is a wolf rn. Congrats! :p

I'm obviously getting lynched today, so I'll just say that my reads from yesterday haven't changed much. I think that GM Draclord is playing very town-like, as is Chaos Jackal when he decides to post. Camo is to be trusted, as is Luis. And TT, obviously! :p

Strongest scum reads are Drohn, Blui and SF. On the fence with Meaty and bigfoot, but both are I think contributing well, so I'm leaning town with them. Pretty sure I just have a town read for everyone else, but I'll do proper reads tomorrow/when I have time to check if I missed something.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer

Drohn said:
People talked about abilities related to items, so I guess there are some. Does anyone have any info about a possible item that can heal grandpa TT?
Heal me, instead, please

Also I don't think Absol disproves the hypothesis that scum are generally Dark, Poison, and Ghost because Absol is the misunderstood disaster whatever Pokemon and not your typical Dark type.

Also here's my role because I'm going to die anyway and it's not like I'm outing myself as a power role on the off-chance that I get saved.

Teal said:
Meditite
Alignment: Town
You just came back to Stage Town from an enlightening trip to the mountains and you are ready to leave your collected wisdom to posterity.

Ability: Notes of Wisdom
At any time while you are alive, you may write your thoughts on the game into a quicktopic that I will PM you separately. After you die, you must PM me the name of a player. That player gets access to the quick topic. (You can not write in the quicktopic anymore once you are dead.)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Celever said:
Drohn said:

Ugh just posting to say that if I were SF rn I wouldn't be getting the reaction of "Celever is just being scummy as always". >_<

Even though I am.

@bigfoot:
Like I said before, if you find a contradiction in a role it is usually thought of as means to lynch them. Obviously there are exceptions, and this is one of them, but depending on Luis' reaction it could have been a powerful thing. Honestly is just makes me believe Luis is town; many wolves, experienced or otherwise, would panic at having a result being used against them. Luis did not such thing, so I really don't think he is a wolf rn. Congrats! :p

I'm obviously getting lynched today, so I'll just say that my reads from yesterday haven't changed much. I think that GM Draclord is playing very town-like, as is Chaos Jackal when he decides to post. Camo is to be trusted, as is Luis. And TT, obviously! :p

Strongest scum reads are Drohn, Blui and SF. On the fence with Meaty and bigfoot, but both are I think contributing well, so I'm leaning town with them. Pretty sure I just have a town read for everyone else, but I'll do proper reads tomorrow/when I have time to check if I missed something.

I was ignored...
AGAIN

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer

You were ignored because you consistently make worthless posts.

Celever

Wheeeee~

bbninjas said:
Celever said:

Even though I am.

@bigfoot:

I was ignored...
AGAIN

What can I say? You told me not to answer any questions, and your entire post was questions >_>

Also what Cinesra said. Quality not quantity, my friend! I'm going to start trying that too :p

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Well I do hope the next post sparks something:
I am personally finding alex a bit scummy as he didn't want Jeremy to be lynched. Camoclone with the same reason. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.