Finished Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [AND THE WINNERS ARE...]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [DAY 3: ends Wednesday 8th]

Celever said:
Sorry everyone, went out last night so haven't seen the update until now!

I would once again like to remind everyone that slime doesn't REALLY add up to Gooey. It makes me think more of a Muk or something.

I'd like to hold on to my results until SF claims, if that's OK? Just so we can see if we can make a contradiction with my results when he claims.

Smart idea, sounds a-okay with me. If you claim that SF is lying for whatever reason, then we lynch him. If he flips town and you led us in the wrong direction (on purpose, not honest mistake), then we lynch you. Sounds like a plan.

I also agree that slime doesn't equal Gooey ability, and that it is very suspicious that SF claimed Goodra which I honestly think was a hasty claim to remove suspicion off of him during that time. But of course, let's wait and see what he has to say before we start tunneling him.

As for rev, I don't see why we shouldn't believe him, at least for the moment. I don't have a role that requires any items or things like that, but you would hope Teal would have given him that information. Questioning him how he knew he needed the Life Orb sounds obvious but maybe I'm just not seeing the point of that question. That was probably in his role PM. Having a hidden ability condition without any means of knowing how to unlock it (unless the Life Orb was randomly passed to him which would just be silly) would not be a very good role...no reason to be suspicious of rev, for now.

Lenny said:
Celever said:
Sorry everyone, went out last night so haven't seen the update until now!

I would once again like to remind everyone that slime doesn't REALLY add up to Gooey. It makes me think more of a Muk or something.

I'd like to hold on to my results until SF claims, if that's OK? Just so we can see if we can make a contradiction with my results when he claims.

Smart idea, sounds a-okay with me. If you claim that SF is lying for whatever reason, then we lynch him. If he flips town and you led us in the wrong direction (on purpose, not honest mistake), then we lynch you. Sounds like a plan.

I also agree that slime doesn't equal Gooey ability, and that it is very suspicious that SF claimed Goodra which I honestly think was a hasty claim to remove suspicion off of him during that time. But of course, let's wait and see what he has to say before we start tunneling him.

As for rev, I don't see why we shouldn't believe him, at least for the moment. I don't have a role that requires any items or things like that, but you would hope Teal would have given him that information. Questioning him how he knew he needed the Life Orb sounds obvious but maybe I'm just not seeing the point of that question. That was probably in his role PM. Having a hidden ability condition without any means of knowing how to unlock it (unless the Life Orb was randomly passed to him which would just be silly) would not be a very good role...no reason to be suspicious of rev, for now.

I'm not saying we shouldn't believe him, I just find it strange that Drohn had an ability that doesn't seem to have any way to be unlocked while rev3rsor knew how to unlock his.

bbninjas said:
I'm not saying we shouldn't believe him, I just find it strange that Drohn had an ability that doesn't seem to have any way to be unlocked while rev3rsor knew how to unlock his.

I think, although we can't be 100% sure, that the reason for this is because Drohn's ability was a "secret ability", meaning it's completely hidden.

TheGuy's role suggested there are 3 types of special abilities besides regular ones (locked, hidden, and secret). Rev probably had a locked or hidden ability, honestly don't know the difference, meaning he knew he needed the Life Orb to unlock it. Maybe with locked you know what you need to get to unlock the ability, hidden you don't know what you need but you know the ability, and secret you don't know anything on how to get the ability or what it does. Just speculation, though, as I have none of these abilities.

And apologies for the double post, but I'm inclined to (and hope that I can) believe that Luis' reveal is legit. I'd certainly hope that there wouldn't be a scum role that allows you to do that; I've never seen it happen.

That wasn't a double post (because I went afk before posting), but in response to Lenny, mine said that it was 'secret'; I'm assuming "hidden" refers to the "completely hidden" ones. I'm not sure though, just my thoughts.

@ rev
I still would like to know how you knew that you need the Life Orb.

Cobalion [Drohn]
Alignment: Town
You are one of the swordsmen of justice. But what exactly is justice, and what is justified?

Ability: Council of the Swordsmen
You may share your thoughts on the game with the players of Terrakion and Virizion in a separately sent quicktopic. (You do not know the alignments of those players.)

Secret Ability: ?

According to the above, Drohn didn't actually know how to unlock his secret ability.

Lenny said:
bbninjas said:

I think, although we can't be 100% sure, that the reason for this is because Drohn's ability was a "secret ability", meaning it's completely hidden.

TheGuy's role suggested there are 3 types of special abilities besides regular ones (locked, hidden, and secret). Rev probably had a locked or hidden ability, honestly don't know the difference, meaning he knew he needed the Life Orb to unlock it. Maybe with locked you know what you need to get to unlock the ability, hidden you don't know what you need but you know the ability, and secret you don't know anything on how to get the ability or what it does. Just speculation, though, as I have none of these abilities.

It would be tricky if we have secret ability since we know nothing about it..

rev3rsor said:
And apologies for the double post, but I'm inclined to (and hope that I can) believe that Luis' reveal is legit. I'd certainly hope that there wouldn't be a scum role that allows you to do that; I've never seen it happen.

Not quite a double post; try again imo ^_^

rev, is it possible to have a claim of your role pm pre-lo? IK it's notnthe best, and I believe you are town completely... I just sort of want to quash any queries before this gets out of hand,

(Quash is a fantastic word, everyone use it whenever possible imo! :D)

Celever said:
rev3rsor said:

rev, is it possible to have a claim of your role pm pre-lo? IK it's notnthe best, and I believe you are town completely... I just sort of want to quash any queries before this gets out of hand,

Hmmm. Rev probably shouldn't claim if his role is powerful, scum will be more inclined to kill him.
Diabolical is better than quash.
For an example, it is diabolical that celever posts more than I do. :p

I don't think rev should claim entirely, unless it will actually help the town. The less of a target on him, the better. The fact that he is so open makes me inclined to believe he is town-aligned.

Instead, he can either reveal the entire secret ability pre-life orb or just tell us how he knew that he needed the life orb. The more information we get on abilities like this, the better, I guess. We've got time to burn until SF shows up.

bbninjas said:
Celever said:

Hmmm. Rev probably shouldn't claim if his role is powerful, scum will be more inclined to kill him.
Diabolical is better than quash.
For an example, it is diabolical that celever posts more than I do. :p

Well I think it is diabolical that you only just noticed! :p

And like Lenny said, I meant pre-life orb (pre-lo was meant to mean that).

What we pretty much need from rev is how he knew he needed the Life Orb... Anything else he should keep to himself for the time being.

hqdefault.jpg

Yado yado... I'm still here, but I'm leaving very soon and won't be home till later in the day. I'll post my thoughts then.

Chaos Jackal said:
What we pretty much need from rev is how he knew he needed the Life Orb... Anything else he should keep to himself for the time being.

Did he say he need it or does the orb itself has power that is granted to people holding it?

Chaos Jackal said:

I know because my first ability said "you need to get the life orb" (paraphrased).

I assume it's only me, since it lets me evolve. Also, some people have had it before me which probably means it didn't do anything for them.

rev specifically stated that he needed the Life Orb in order to unlock his abilities... I don't know if it has an effect on other people holding it.

rev3rsor said:
"you need to get the life orb"
it lets me evolve
What.
It would make sense if it made your Abilities better but evolving??? I'm confused. Explain further, maybe?

Drohn's theory about the scum seems to be correct at the moment, and SF and Meaty are two optimal candidates for the lynch. Celever's idea to test the claim is a very clever one and how he has used his ability definitely give the impression that Celever is town. It's interesting that SF didn't post after being accused but then liked the lynch update where (probably) 2 scum were killed. Drohn's role also implies that one of Terrakion and Virizion is scum. If SF doesn't claim (which he might not be considering his inactivity after having suspicion on him yesterday) then he is probably scum. Meaty would also be a good lynch due to his abnormal vote weight coupled with confusing Camo and TheGuy.

bigfootaus said:
rev3rsor said:
"you need to get the life orb"
it lets me evolve
What.
It would make sense if it made your Abilities better but evolving??? I'm confused. Explain further, maybe?

I'm a pokemon, with an evolution. After receiving the orb, my updated role PM has the pokemon name as my evolved form.

So your old role PM says what? "Get the Life Orb?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back