Finished Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Town Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
RE: Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Day 7 Ends September 12th

To answer Reinforce's thoughts about me, I used my ability on alex N2 and succeeded, I used it on Porygon-X N4 and failed, and then I used it again N6 and succeded. I was roleblocked N4, although I dunno if it was TT's ability, someone else or TT's real ability (like WW roleblocker) that targetted me since I wasn't chosen for death.

To answer the question that is sure to come about why I didn't say anything about alex is simple. Survival isn't too much of a lead. It does point more towards an indie rather than a townie, yes, but at that point we already had leads and I didn't want to risk revealing my role so early in the game with so dubious results. When the newspaper blamed alex, I thought it was a good point to come out and push a lynch that now had more support and better chances.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...

Oh, I see. Thanks for the information and confirming. And I see your line of reasoning for withholding your findings about alex, so I won't hold that against you or anything. In any case, it's not that drastic a piece of information as to affect or change our possible lynches today but it's good to know regardless.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

Why did TT claim without being asked to, and he wasn't even under any real suspicion, except from someone who we are believing to be scum. Also, I can't find any information about a "Abbé Claud Dutronc" many of the other roles, especially those that are more than a vanilla role, have historical basis.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Seriously guys, why would I lie about TT being scum? If I was, it'd be suicide.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

Porygon-X said:

To save your own arse?

I am having some issues with TT's priest claim though.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi

Porygon-X said:

1) Take heat off of yourself.
2) Use the excuse of:

Porygon-X said:

To make people doubt your lynch.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

My point is if I was lying, I would obviously be lynched the next day. I am not - TT is scum.

alex

Miss the game

I say we go for Porygon. He has no use any more, either he's the last Royalist or TT is. And also the "Leave No Evidence" ability is pretty sketchy for a town name imo.

alex

Miss the game

And also that he didn't out TT yesterday, even though TT would be the last Wolf.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

##TheGuy, I know you have a life, but the daily vote count is extremely missed.

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure

Reinforce said:
1) N4=Chaos Jackal

I find this odd, because of what happened during said night. This:

TheGuy said:
Keeper of Night stood in the living room of his home scared to death. He didn't want to die. His head turned to his right, the front door, then to his left, the back door. All of the sudden the front door opened, Keeper made a break for the back door, but it opened too! Keeper was surrounded! Keeper began to say his final prayers when all of the sudden he lit up! The bright light scared the two killers who bolted away and out the door.

We logically assumed that Keeper of Night had been targeted for kill by both Royalist and Invader. But neither kill went through. So what's the explanation?

We can rule out KoN being deathproof as his role was just revealed earlier. It couldn't have been rev3rsor because if it was him, he would have found out and revealed who targeted KoN, like how he found out grantm1999 was the Royalist who tried to kill Lenny. It couldn't have been Cinesra the role blocker either, because he could have only roleblocked one, and the other killer would have succeeded then.

So we're left with one plausible explanation: KoN was protected by the priest. It nicely explains why BOTH kills were blocked.

HOWEVER... If you, the priest, really did target Chaos Jackal instead that night, then how did KoN survive and what saved him?

I was surprised by this as well when it happened. My best guess is that there must be someone else out there with some a protection ability who used it on Keeper that night. Two players with protection-based abilities isn't anything new in large games, especially when we've got two kills happening most nights. On this same note, I'd like to request that the town's other priest target me tonight - I'll be safe to protect another town member, and if I'm lucky, Role Tithing might activate too.

Reinforce said:
2) N3=Machamp the Champion
N4=Chaos Jackal
N5=Wailord_2

The contradiction this time... lies in his Priestly Protection ability.

Ability: Priestly Protection
One per night you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be unaffected from incoming roles however will not be able to use his own either.

See the bolded part? If this was indeed true, then:

a) MtC should have been unable to use his role/ability to submit a lynch suggestion for the newspaper on Night 3 for Day 4's lynch. But there was no mention of this.

b) Chaos Jackal shouldn't have been able to find out the name of alex's ability. Recall that he can only use it on even-numbered nights. He revealed on Day 5, so it can be assumed he used it on Night 4. But he's supposedly roleblocked by TT here, so how? Unless Chaos Jackal lied about being able to only use his Ability on even-numbered nights, but that would mean he's in cahoots with alex and/or Porygon-X in order to have found out and confirmed their abilities. But I find this unlikely if we are correct with the number of remaining Royalist and Invader.

c) Wailord_2 joining the newspaper group was revealed by KoN on Day 6 and wasn't mentioned before. It can be assumed he PMed to join them on Night 5... A night he is supposed to be roleblocked by TT.

Of course this is highly dependent on the assumption that they used their Abilities on those specific nights, but wouldn't you agree it is a contradiction in those cases?
I actually PM'ed TheGuy about this earlier in the game, as I wondered if it would affect passive effects and mason-related things too. He told me that it wouldn't prevent someone from doing anything to do with masonry, so that's why Machamp and Wailord weren't prevented from doing their things. I believe that any other passive affects and abilities would be blocked though. As for Chaos Jackal, I don't have an explanation for that. There could be a role redirector out there, but I think it's more likely that he's actually an Invader. Has his alignment been seered yet, as far as we know?

Reinforce said:
3) N6=Was sent an item that roleblocked me for a night, so didn't bother to

A minor one, but last night, there was only one victim, Wailord_2. Assuming we still have at least one Royalist and one Invader around, we should have expected two. If TT was one of the killers, then him being role blocked could be a possible explanation as to why it's like that. Furthermore, a priest having been role blocked meant there should have been a higher chance that there would be two victims since no one would be protected. Yet, only Wailord died.

What's more, read the update at the start of the day and compare it to the previous ones. Only one killing instance/mention was shown. If both factions submitted a kill but one was blocked (resulting in only one victim like with Wailord today), then it would have likely been written out in the flavor. Look at Night 2: grant was roleblocked by rev3rsor when he tried to kill Lenny, while the Invaders successfully killed PMJ. Even if grant failed, it was still mentioned. But look at today's update: It's almost as if one of the killer factions didn't do anything... or didn't try to submit a kill, perhaps?

I don't really have an explanation for this one. It seems like a coincidence, but there's always the possibility that one of the two factions' leaders was inactive and forgot to send their kill in. This other one might seem like a stretch, but maybe it was a setup? Pulling a gambit like that so late in the game might be worth it to the scum, if only to gain one extra day free of suspicion.

Reinforce said:
So what do you have to say, Herr Twisted?

apollo-objects(c).gif

All I have to say is that I know justice will prevail!

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure

That was... strange. I just posted a long message responding to Reinforce but it's not showing up.

Ice Espeon

TwistedTurtwig said:
Reinforce said:
1) N4=Chaos Jackal

TheGuy said:
Keeper of Night stood in the living room of his home scared to death. He didn't want to die. His head turned to his right, the front door, then to his left, the back door. All of the sudden the front door opened, Keeper made a break for the back door, but it opened too! Keeper was surrounded! Keeper began to say his final prayers when all of the sudden he lit up! The bright light scared the two killers who bolted away and out the door.

We logically assumed that Keeper of Night had been targeted for kill by both Royalist and Invader. But neither kill went through. So what's the explanation?

We can rule out KoN being deathproof as his role was just revealed earlier. It couldn't have been rev3rsor because if it was him, he would have found out and revealed who targeted KoN, like how he found out grantm1999 was the Royalist who tried to kill Lenny. It couldn't have been Cinesra the role blocker either, because he could have only roleblocked one, and the other killer would have succeeded then.

So we're left with one plausible explanation: KoN was protected by the priest. It nicely explains why BOTH kills were blocked.

HOWEVER... If you, the priest, really did target Chaos Jackal instead that night, then how did KoN survive and what saved him?

I was surprised by this as well when it happened. My best guess is that there must be someone else out there with some a protection ability who used it on Keeper that night. Two players with protection-based abilities isn't anything new in large games, especially when we've got two kills happening most nights. On this same note, I'd like to request that the town's other priest target me tonight - I'll be safe to protect another town member, and if I'm lucky, Role Tithing might activate too.

Reinforce said:
N4=Chaos Jackal
N5=Wailord_2

One per night you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be unaffected from incoming roles however will not be able to use his own either.

a) MtC should have been unable to use his role/ability to submit a lynch suggestion for the newspaper on Night 3 for Day 4's lynch. But there was no mention of this.

b) Chaos Jackal shouldn't have been able to find out the name of alex's ability. Recall that he can only use it on even-numbered nights. He revealed on Day 5, so it can be assumed he used it on Night 4. But he's supposedly roleblocked by TT here, so how? Unless Chaos Jackal lied about being able to only use his Ability on even-numbered nights, but that would mean he's in cahoots with alex and/or Porygon-X in order to have found out and confirmed their abilities. But I find this unlikely if we are correct with the number of remaining Royalist and Invader.

c) Wailord_2 joining the newspaper group was revealed by KoN on Day 6 and wasn't mentioned before. It can be assumed he PMed to join them on Night 5... A night he is supposed to be roleblocked by TT.

Of course this is highly dependent on the assumption that they used their Abilities on those specific nights, but wouldn't you agree it is a contradiction in those cases?
I actually PM'ed TheGuy about this earlier in the game, as I wondered if it would affect passive effects and mason-related things too. He told me that it wouldn't prevent someone from doing anything to do with masonry, so that's why Machamp and Wailord weren't prevented from doing their things. I believe that any other passive affects and abilities would be blocked though. As for Chaos Jackal, I don't have an explanation for that. There could be a role redirector out there, but I think it's more likely that he's actually an Invader. Has his alignment been seered yet, as far as we know?

Reinforce said:

A minor one, but last night, there was only one victim, Wailord_2. Assuming we still have at least one Royalist and one Invader around, we should have expected two. If TT was one of the killers, then him being role blocked could be a possible explanation as to why it's like that. Furthermore, a priest having been role blocked meant there should have been a higher chance that there would be two victims since no one would be protected. Yet, only Wailord died.

What's more, read the update at the start of the day and compare it to the previous ones. Only one killing instance/mention was shown. If both factions submitted a kill but one was blocked (resulting in only one victim like with Wailord today), then it would have likely been written out in the flavor. Look at Night 2: grant was roleblocked by rev3rsor when he tried to kill Lenny, while the Invaders successfully killed PMJ. Even if grant failed, it was still mentioned. But look at today's update: It's almost as if one of the killer factions didn't do anything... or didn't try to submit a kill, perhaps?

I don't really have an explanation for this one. It seems like a coincidence, but there's always the possibility that one of the two factions' leaders was inactive and forgot to send their kill in. This other one might seem like a stretch, but maybe it was a setup? Pulling a gambit like that so late in the game might be worth it to the scum, if only to gain one extra day free of suspicion.

Reinforce said:

apollo-objects(c).gif

All I have to say is that I know justice will prevail!

Ice Espeon

^I tried to quote it but it won't show up either :p

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure

I removed Reinforce's name from the quote tags, and now it seems to be working properly. Reinforce, what is the sorcery you're using? :p

1) N4=Chaos Jackal

TheGuy said:

N4=Chaos Jackal
N5=Wailord_2

Apollo_Close_Up_2.gif

All I have to say is that I know that justice will prevail!

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

TwistedTurtwig said:
Two players with protection-based abilities isn't anything new in large games, especially when we've got two kills happening most nights.

I haven't played a bunch of WW, is this considered "normal"? Would 2 protectors typically exist in a single game?

alex

Miss the game

Jeremy1026 said:
TwistedTurtwig said:
Two players with protection-based abilities isn't anything new in large games, especially when we've got two kills happening most nights.

I haven't played a bunch of WW, is this considered "normal"? Would 2 protectors typically exist in a single game?

I do not think it is likely, but it is definitely possible especially in a game with 2 wolf factions.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

The Wolves can easily have some sort of protection against Lynches among them,

Status
Not open for further replies.