Finished Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Town Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
RE: Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Day 7 Ends September 12th

TwistedTurtwig said:
Keeper of Night said:
That was mostly a joke, but you're right about votes mostly. If we can just get one more vote on Porygon and three on TT/PP we'd be set. And if Porygon is willing to follow this plan, I assume he will go for TT, so that may be the easier route.

But why go for me? You yourself said that it's be best to verify the authenticity of Porygon's claim first by lynching him, then lynch me if he turns out to have been lying. And seeing as I know for a fact that he's lying, it seems like a pretty bad decision to me. I'll role reveal if you'd like. Then we'll see just how much weight Porygon's claims carry!
Because we're running out of unconfirmed town. If you are town and really want us to win, I have to ask you to do the same thing that even Porygon agreed to. We need to eliminate all the unconfirmed people faster then the scum can kill the confirmed ones off, even if it means you get thrown into a multi-lynch. However, I never really said get you today. I'm more for alex/PP/Porygon.

alex said:
Lynching both Porygon and Twisted is stupid. It's one or the other.
Please read my posts and understand my points.

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure

N0 - Drohn (notified that it failed)
N1 - alex
N2 - Chaos Jackal (notified that it failed)
N3 - Machamp the Champion
N4 - Chaos Jackal
N5 - Wailord_2
N6 - Was sent an item that roleblocked me for a night, so didn't bother to

And before anyone asks, I haven't gotten any results from Role Tithing. Kind of a shame, but I guess that's the luck of the draw.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special

^Convenience. Same reason we're against Porygon's claim.

What item was it that you were passed?

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure

The PM I got said that it was a fancy dinner. Because I was busy eating the dinner, I couldn't use my ability that night. I'm assuming that it disappeared, since one meal can't last forever.

alex

Miss the game

Keeper of Night said:
TwistedTurtwig said:
But why go for me? You yourself said that it's be best to verify the authenticity of Porygon's claim first by lynching him, then lynch me if he turns out to have been lying. And seeing as I know for a fact that he's lying, it seems like a pretty bad decision to me. I'll role reveal if you'd like. Then we'll see just how much weight Porygon's claims carry!
Because we're running out of unconfirmed town. If you are town and really want us to win, I have to ask you to do the same thing that even Porygon agreed to. We need to eliminate all the unconfirmed people faster then the scum can kill the confirmed ones off, even if it means you get thrown into a multi-lynch. However, I never really said get you today. I'm more for alex/PP/Porygon.

alex said:
Lynching both Porygon and Twisted is stupid. It's one or the other.
Please read my posts and understand my points.

Porygon is confirmed town if TT flips Wolf, and vice versa...

TheGuy

Member since '09

Chaos ensued during the day as people yelled and argued. And while nobody was particularly paying attention, Keeper of Night was stabbed in the back. It could not be seen who his killer was.

Keeper of Night was:

Role said:
Jacque-René Hébert [Athena Keeper of Night]
During the Revolution you became a radical journalist in strong support of the revolution. In fact, many call you even more radical than the Jacobian leaders of the Reign of Terror.

Passive Effect: Journalist
You may access the meeting place and converse with all other writers for the Jacobin newspaper the L'Ami du peuple.

Ability: News Headline
Each night you must submit a vote in the Quick Topic for the L'Ami du peuple’s official as a recommendation for lynch. That person will receive a +3 Vote Count on the following day.

Win Condition: Town Wins

There are 14 eligible votes, meaning 8 are required to lynch.

The day will continue.

alex

Miss the game

Well I'd say that has quite a big potential to be Porygon's doing.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

A kill during the day, hm... Yeap, it must have probably been him, specially since he's the one that has been carrying the discussion since the start of the day.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Twist, I like how you said that my target of MtC failed was too convenient, even though your own claimed role is the one that blocked me.

Also, why do you all think I killed KoN? He's one of the main ones that wants me lynched - it would be stupid of me to kill him if I had the power to do so.

Lenny

its back boys and girls

Wow, I've finally got some time to play and so much has happened. Glad I got cleared at night, and it's really unfortunate that KoN is dead.

alex's role is suspicious, yes, but honestly I think I believe him. If he's smart he will not pick the self win condition, as the town win condition at this current point is far easier. If the game starts going south for the town for whatever reason, then we can take him out. We have bigger fish to fry.

As for this argument between TT and Porygon-X, I'm actually very undecided. TT is priest and role blocker which is a nice role to have if you don't want to be day lynched, so that is just as convenient as Porygon-X's forgetfulness of MtC's royalist alignment. At this point, it's best to just pick one and lynch, because we then know the other must be lying. I never trusted either that much throughout the whole game, but TT has been more active and more helpful. I'd have to go back and see their votes and alignments throughout the whole game to get a better idea of who is telling the truth.

Professor Palutena said:
It's kay guys I got this.

##ENDHIM: KEEPER OF NIGHT

^_^

It's also important to note HOW Professor Paletuna voted for Keeper of Night. First, Keeper of Night was a confirmed townie. Second, it didn't really seem like he was testing his "vote weight", especially with the "##ENDHIM" part. Sounds almost like a keyword, something the host and the player only know that has a special meaning. In this case, the special meaning is a day kill. Also, the entire post just seems like he knows what's gonna happen.

Personally, I think the safest vote is Professor Paletuna, but one of Porygon-X and TT has to be lying, so we can take that course of action instead. Neither are bad plays for the town.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

y/n on a Palutena and Twisted Turtwig double lynch? We can sit both of them at 3 and send alex too, since he'll survive.

Lenny

its back boys and girls

Luispipe8 said:
y/n on a Palutena and Twisted Turtwig double lynch? We can sit both of them at 3 and send alex too, since he'll survive.

Picking TwistedTurtwig seems like the worse idea for the lynch. We have far more to lose with him flipping town than Porygon-X. First, if Porygon-X flips town, and he did in fact tell the truth, we can jump on TwistedTurtwig the next day. If we kill TwistedTurtwig, the priest, and he flips town, then we just lost our priest. Both can't be telling the truth, but I've looked back on TwistedTurwtig's posts, and here's what I think:

1) PMJ voted for TwistedTurtwig on Day 1. Yes, it is Day 1. But would PMJ really risk starting a sudden bandwagon for one of his scum buddies? I don't think so. Then again, he was one of the first to throw SF under the bus, so this is not strong evidence either way.

2) TwistedTurwtig did vote as soon as he could for grantm1999, although the wagon did start strong before he voted. Still, he made no attempt to even try to help the scum. Not strong evidence, but evidence nonetheless. He also attacked grantm1999 pretty strong once he slipped up. But it could all have been an act due to the sinking ship, I don't believe that though.

3) He also jumped onto the MtC vote pretty quick too. But was a sinking ship, too.

Nothing of more importance seemed to pop up. Haunted Water claimed he would be a good pick, before too much suspicion was on him. That could have been a way to move suspicion away for HW and onto TT, which makes me think TT is not an Invader (although that isn't up for dispute, as Porygon-X claimed him to be a royalist).

Now, for Porygon-X:

1) Generally very inactive, coming in to say a few things or just vote.

2) When Porygon-X finally became relevant and the newspaper gave him +3 votes, Haunted Water came to his defense. HW turned out to be an Invader. Also was reluctant to vote for HW when the time came.

3) He claimed earlier in the game that he targeted PMJ, then when he revealed he said the same. He's been consistent, at least. Not evidence for or against, but it's something to take into account. If he had a fabricated story, it was fabricated long before today.

That's basically it for him too. I went through all 28 pages and looked through all of their posts. This is what I came up with. I personally think Porygon-X is a safer vote than TwistedTurtwig, only because losing a royalist searcher is, in my opinion, better than losing the priest. The evidence also aligns to him being an Invader. It's also possible that an Invader does indeed have these seer-like abilities to find royalists, but why would he share them if he doesn't care who gets voted, as long as it's not his Invader buddies?

I think Porygon-X, Professor Paletuna, or both are the best lynch at the moment. TwistedTurtwig can wait until tomorrow if Porygon-X flips town, which in my opinion, is highly unlikely.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi

The KoN development looks like the work of PP, as Lenny suggested. 'EndHim' seems way too aggressive to be a normal test vote. There is no question in my mind that PP should be lynched now.

The thing that bothers me about TT is how quick he was to claim under no real pressure. I agree with lynching Porygon and PP today however.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past

I say we lynch Porygon and PP. The #ENDHIM part seems way too suspicious, and KoN's death proves it. Porygon may or may not be a wolf with a safe claim, so we can try killing him and test his assessment of TT. We must not forget about alex, either, but that's something we should put up for later in the day. It's the worst and most difficult path to take, lynching him.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

I miss 12 hours and come back to find Keeper dead after an "ENDHIM" vote. Although this has all been said many times, PP's vote was about as "un-testing" as it could have been. He was clearly communicating with his alliance in the "I got this." I'd rather lynch Porygon to find out if he was lying about TT, than lynch TT to find out if Poygon was lying. Porygon has been much more shifty than TT up to this point.

Someone mentioned putting 3 votes on PP and 3 on Porygon to execute a double lynch, with the possibility of a triple lynch assuming alex isn't fully lynch proof.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...

Whoa, a lot sure has happened while I was busy in just one day of work. I've just come back and settled down; let me read through the posts since this day started and I'll post my opinions and thoughts in a few.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor

Jeremy1026 said:
Someone mentioned putting 3 votes on PP and 3 on Porygon to execute a double lynch, with the possibility of a triple lynch assuming alex isn't fully lynch proof.

Yeah, it was me. Since I targeted alex with my Ability last night, his vote count is 0 for today, so he's Lynch-proof for today and tonight ASSUMING his Ability actually goes like he states. By placing both Porygon and Bippa at 3, we'll make sure they're both gone and also confirm alex's role.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer

Luispipe8 said:
Jeremy1026 said:

Yeah, it was me. Since I targeted alex with my Ability last night, his vote count is 0 for today, so he's Lynch-proof for today and tonight ASSUMING his Ability actually goes like he states. By placing both Porygon and Bippa at 3, we'll make sure they're both gone and also confirm alex's role.

Yeah, I meant to add that I am on board for this plan. But I always hit post before I let my fingers finish what my brain is thinking.

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...

Everyone already has elaborated on why Professor Palutena and Porygon-X are suspected of lying and prime candidates for lynch. But I think we shouldn't be quick to count TwistedTurtwig out.

I know, I know. He claimed priest and nearly everybody has posted and nobody counterclaimed him so it's almost a sure scenario that he's telling the truth.

But I have seen and would like to point out some contradictions on Herr Twisted's testimony... His claim.

Abbé Claud Dutronc [TwistedTurtwig]
A priest operating out of a church for the impoverished, the funds for your parishioners have been withheld by the upper members of the Catholic hierarchy. Still you follow the Catholic ideal and work to make your church a place of shelter for those who need it.

Passive Effect: Role Tithing
You have a 20% chance of collecting the role of any player that targets you at night.

Ability: Priestly Protection
One per night you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be unaffected from incoming roles however will not be able to use his own either.

Win Condition: Town Wins

This is his role PM that he posted.

Now, for his target protection list:

TwistedTurtwig said:
N0 - Drohn (notified that it failed)
N1 - alex
N2 - Chaos Jackal (notified that it failed)
N3 - Machamp the Champion
N4 - Chaos Jackal
N5 - Wailord_2
N6 - Was sent an item that roleblocked me for a night, so didn't bother to

Let me elaborate on my case:

1) N4=Chaos Jackal

I find this odd, because of what happened during said night. This:

TheGuy said:
Keeper of Night stood in the living room of his home scared to death. He didn't want to die. His head turned to his right, the front door, then to his left, the back door. All of the sudden the front door opened, Keeper made a break for the back door, but it opened too! Keeper was surrounded! Keeper began to say his final prayers when all of the sudden he lit up! The bright light scared the two killers who bolted away and out the door.

We logically assumed that Keeper of Night had been targeted for kill by both Royalist and Invader. But neither kill went through. So what's the explanation?

We can rule out KoN being deathproof as his role was just revealed earlier. It couldn't have been rev3rsor because if it was him, he would have found out and revealed who targeted KoN, like how he found out grantm1999 was the Royalist who tried to kill Lenny. It couldn't have been Cinesra the role blocker either, because he could have only roleblocked one, and the other killer would have succeeded then.

So we're left with one plausible explanation: KoN was protected by the priest. It nicely explains why BOTH kills were blocked.

HOWEVER... If you, the priest, really did target Chaos Jackal instead that night, then how did KoN survive and what saved him?

2) N3=Machamp the Champion
N4=Chaos Jackal
N5=Wailord_2

The contradiction this time... lies in his Priestly Protection ability.

Ability: Priestly Protection
One per night you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be unaffected from incoming roles however will not be able to use his own either.

See the bolded part? If this was indeed true, then:

a) MtC should have been unable to use his role/ability to submit a lynch suggestion for the newspaper on Night 3 for Day 4's lynch. But there was no mention of this.

b) Chaos Jackal shouldn't have been able to find out the name of alex's ability. Recall that he can only use it on even-numbered nights. He revealed on Day 5, so it can be assumed he used it on Night 4. But he's supposedly roleblocked by TT here, so how? Unless Chaos Jackal lied about being able to only use his Ability on even-numbered nights, but that would mean he's in cahoots with alex and/or Porygon-X in order to have found out and confirmed their abilities. But I find this unlikely if we are correct with the number of remaining Royalist and Invader.

c) Wailord_2 joining the newspaper group was revealed by KoN on Day 6 and wasn't mentioned before. It can be assumed he PMed to join them on Night 5... A night he is supposed to be roleblocked by TT.

Of course this is highly dependent on the assumption that they used their Abilities on those specific nights, but wouldn't you agree it is a contradiction in those cases?

3) N6=Was sent an item that roleblocked me for a night, so didn't bother to

A minor one, but last night, there was only one victim, Wailord_2. Assuming we still have at least one Royalist and one Invader around, we should have expected two. If TT was one of the killers, then him being role blocked could be a possible explanation as to why it's like that. Furthermore, a priest having been role blocked meant there should have been a higher chance that there would be two victims since no one would be protected. Yet, only Wailord died.

What's more, read the update at the start of the day and compare it to the previous ones. Only one killing instance/mention was shown. If both factions submitted a kill but one was blocked (resulting in only one victim like with Wailord today), then it would have likely been written out in the flavor. Look at Night 2: grant was roleblocked by rev3rsor when he tried to kill Lenny, while the Invaders successfully killed PMJ. Even if grant failed, it was still mentioned. But look at today's update: It's almost as if one of the killer factions didn't do anything... or didn't try to submit a kill, perhaps?

--end

Yes, I am aware that TT should be near-confirmed because no one counterclaimed him. And honestly, I would have, and want to, because nobody wants a known priest to be lynched and/or die. But these contradictions are making me hesitate. Catching someone lying doesn't automatically mean they're guilty, but they sure make you doubt their credibility, and wonder if they are and have told the entire truth. So what do you have to say, Herr Twisted?

Regarding KoN's untimely demise, I highly doubt it's Porygon-X's doing. It was obvious they were at odds, so logically, why would Porygon-X do something that'll only make him more suspicious? If anything, I think he's being framed here. Though, this could be WIFOM...

So, is it Professor Palutena's doing then? Lenny explained it really well and it's completely logical and plausible. But... Does no one else think this is... too convenient?

It's a gut feeling, but I think this is too obvious that it loops around to suspicious. KoN's daykill was sure to be shocking, and we would immediately try to find an explanation. And that suspicious, troll-ish post of PP's is standing out like a luminescent beacon in the dark sea that is the serious discussion posts of everyone else. It's like an anglerfish lure: So bright and obvious as it's trying to direct all our attention to it... and away from something else.

I'm not saying that PP could not be responsible for KoN's kill. In fact, he likely is, as it's reminiscent of how rev3rsor's role activated in The Members' Revolt. However, I think that isn't all there is to it. I feel like there's something more here. Something hidden... and it probably isn't good.

I daresay we shouldn't be completely confident yet.

As for lynch... I might have looked like I dragged the suspicion spotlight on TT, but I'm not counting out the possibility that he truly is the priest so I'm also in favor of going after PP and Porygon-X first because the consequences of them being a wrong lynch are less severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.