##vote Professor Palutena

RE: Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Day 7 Ends September 12th

The Final Vote Count is (Votes after 11:59 PM EDT do not count.):

Alex 4 {Newspaper, Professor Palutena}
Professor Palutena 4 {Luispipe8, Lenny, Jeremy1026, GM Draclord}
Porygon-X 4 {TwistedTurtwig, Ice Espeon, Chaos Jackal, Reinforce}
Chaos Jackal 1 {Porygon-X}
Reinforce 0 {alex}

alex, Professor Palutena, and Porygon-X were all brought to the town square and killed one after another.

alex was:

Role said:
Napoleon Bonaparte [alex]
Recently graduated, you have become a large figure in the French army as they fight the invading Prussians and Austrians. However, you have bigger plans than becoming head general of the army – becoming emperor of all of France.

Passive Effect: Survival
Any attacks from Invaders against your life will fail. All other attacks upon your life will fail on the first attempt.

Passive Effect #2: Climbing the Ladder of Success
On Day One your vote weight is negative one. Every successive day your vote weight will increase by one.

Win Condition: The vote weight of Napoleon Bonaparte is greater than or equal to the combined vote weight of all other living players at the beginning of a day.

Porygon-X was:

Role said:
Hans Zimmermann [Porygon-X]
You are a longtime spy for the Austrian Empire. For twenty years you have crossed Europe (and occasionally to the Middle East) on missions for the Austrian crown. You sympathize with the idea of democracy but your loyalties to the thrown and to your job do not permit you from supporting it.

Passive Effect: Leave No Evidence
Your kill is covert and cannot be tracked or watched.

Ability: Ultimate Spy
Once per night you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s role PM will be sent to you.

Win Condition: Invaders Win

Professor Palutena was:

Role said:
Duke Tristan Bucher [Shampoo-Thief Professor Palutena]
You are disgusted with the turn of events that has occurred. Believing strongly that people cannot govern themselves and that an educated nobility is a requirement for a successful country you support the reinstatement of the monarchy.

Passive Effect: Leaving a Residue
You kill has a 20% chance of silencing all those who targeted your kill.

Ability: Taking Things Into Your Own Hands
Once per game you may post in the thread “##ENDHIM: Player”. That player will die.

Win Condition: Scum Wins

The Invader alignment has been eliminated.

Night 7 Ends September 15th at 11:59 PM EDT.

RE: Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Night 7 Ends September 15th

PP's vote should count imo if you don't post game freeze at 12.

RE: Werewolf XXII: The Reign of Terror - Night 7 Ends September 15th

That night the final scum member left his home and snuck through the darkness of the town. He knew that his time was almost up - but hoped for a miracle nonetheless. He quietly opened the door to Ice Espeon's home.

The door creaked as he closed it behind him. He tip-toed through the opening room and towards the stairs across the hall. The squeaking of the mice could be heard under the stairs and he made his ascent. He had a bad feeling as he walked up the stairs but ignored it anyways. He reached the top and breathed a sigh of relief - but that would be his last breath.

Lenny jumped out from behind the door, club in hand, and smacked the man. It wasn't too many whacks later that the intruder had died.

Twisted Turtwig was:

Role said:
Bishop Bernard Montegue [TwistedTurtwig]
A leader of the second estate, you were a prominent Catholic Bishop before the time of the revolution. You detest the infidelity of the lower class’ rule and believe that a monarchy is the only way to preserve faith within society.

Passive Effect: Role Tithing
Your kill has a 20% chance of collecting the role of a random non-scum player.

Ability: Priestly Protection
One per night you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be unaffected from incoming roles however will not be able to use his own either.

Ability: Alpha Werewolf
Each night you may PM me the name of two players (One Royal Sympathizer and One Non-Royal Sympathizer). The Royal Sympathizer will kill the Non-Royal Sympathizer.

Win Condition: Scum Wins

All threats to the town have been eliminated.

Town Wins

Anyone may now post. I'll try to post Post-Game tomorrow night. Anyone is welcome to nominate an MVP for the game and I'll say who I think they ought to be tomorrow.

Wow, TT was scum. Again. Actually, not too much surprise, but he played it very well.

GG all, it was great being protected the night both parties tried killing me, that was epic.

Once Porygon-X flipped Invader, I knew TT was the remaining scum, especially because Porygon-X's ability matches his claim that TT was scum. It was pretty much impossible for us to lose this game, because if I was killed, my killer would be killed too (aka the final scum) by my ability. I also got an item that had a 20% to kill someone. I was fairly certain it was TwistedTurtwig so I went for him. Glad that 20% worked in my favor! Even if it didn't, I couldn't die at night without winning the game for the town and I had an insta-lynch ability that would end the day and lynch my vote immediately and I would have gone for TwistedTurtwig.

I really enjoyed this game! Public Committee of Safety was awesome. Unfortunate that Teal died so soon but he helped us a lot early game. My ability was that every time a scum got lynched I got a new power, so I got a 1-time seer power and targeted MtC. Using GM Draclord as the editor, he posted our message (me, Ice Espeon, and GM himself) without Machamp the Champion even knowing what was going on and without revealing any seer targets, we were able to out a scum! It's easy to tunnel someone and hope everybody goes along when you know for 100% fact that the person you're tunneling is scum.

Good game, very good game.

Maybe it's because we won that I enjoyed it so much but I think TheGuy put on a great game and I enjoyed it very much, even if I was inactive for a good majority of one of the days.

As for an MVP, I'd give it to Keeper of Night who was active throughout and made a lot of efforts to get as much value out of the day as possible. Shout out to all the people who helped the town succeed through dual and triple lynches, as that allowed us to get some real value out of each game day.

That game was so fun :D

Being in the same team as Lenny, Teal and Drac was also really good. Here is the QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/JTTVbTe53HwD

It was so funny when Jean-Paul (Draclord) was posting all these alignments with everyone believing that he was a seer when we were really just trading off of Lenny's one time seer ability (Lenny got pretty OP by the end lol with a kill and being able to kill anyone who killed him) and Teal's ability which we used to rule out the possibility that anyone in the newspaper was an invader. It was Teal's idea for Lenny to target MtC and we can be mainly thankful to Teal for us getting rid of him. We actually knew the day before he was lynched that MtC was a wolf but we didn't reveal because we were already on a roll and we thought that it might be difficult for people to believe Jean-Paul. In that way, grantm1999 was key to the town winning. If he hadn't said about seeing Teal go to a newpaper group the town wouldn't have known for certain that there was a wolf in newspaper group, and we wouldn't have been able to use Jean-Paul to help win the game.

I would say Professor Palutena for least valuable player :)p) but he was actually the reason that we won, as without his vote on alex he would have escaped the lynch and we would have lost.

Thanks for the fun game :D

Very fun game. :) I had a blast playing in the beginning and then cheering for Keeper after he subbed in for me. I also found it very appropriate that Keeper, being my future/alternate self, was pushing very hard on alex, since it's the same thing I would have done had I still been alive at the time. :p

Oh and here's my role:

TheGuy said:
Georges Danton [RaichuGirl Ice Espeon]
As the first President of the Committee of Public Safety you spearheaded the Reign of Terror. You are often credited with being “the chief force in overthrowing the monarchy”. Your moderating influence during the Revolution may have gotten you killed but this time you won’t be taking that risk.

Passive Effect: Committee of Public Safety ( http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/JTTVbTe53HwD )
As a leading Jacobin you may access the all-town Committee of Public Safety and converse with its members.

Passive Effect: Corruption Within the Republic
Anyone who targets you will have their vote controlled by you on the next day.

Win Condition: Town Wins

EDIT: Corruption within the Republic didn't activate once iirc which was good for me as otherwise people would probably have gotten suspicious.

TheGuy said:
Olivier Kopa [Chaos Jackal]
You are the town’s local cobbler. You’re not a huge fan of the revolution, more deaths means less shoes, but you’d rather not be guillotined yourself so you deal with it anyways. You can tell a lot about someone’s shoes.

Ability: Read the Shoe
Each night you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn the name of one of that player’s abilities.

Win Condition: Town Wins

Yeah, sorry guys. I lied about my ability to make it seem weaker and avoid a quick death. It worked, and as you remember, I got Porygon-X and alex (even though the latter wasn'y exactly scum). For this last night, I had used my ability on TwistedTurtwig, but it looks like it wasn't needed. Glad I managed to actively help the town anyway. Congratulations to everyone. It was a great game for the town.
Hopefully next game I will be something different. I've been town in every single game I've played in PB, and in three of them I had almost the exact same ability (ability seering with or without a few twists).
As for MVP, I'll say Keeper.

Woo! We won. :D I had my role revealed (and died) early, because of a mistake, but I enjoyed it either way. It was a great game. TwistedTurtwig played very well in my opinion. If I had to pick a MVP it would be KoN for nailing all the scum and getting the multiple lynches on a day going (the idea was brought up before, but I saw him organising everything to make it happen). He led the town really well nearing the end phase.

Graveyard: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/eifpeJEyhEhRr

I knew that I made the right choice picking you, Lenny :D

Yeah, I was the third Card Player and the one (mostly) passing items around, since Drohn died early and HW wasn't active. The first few days the items weren't notable, but the last 3 had more impact on the game... both good and bad. Ehehe...

I was the one who passed the Vote Strike item to Luis, which probably factored in why we failed the Kecleon-X/alex double lynch. I probably should have passed it to an inactive who wasn't voting instead, but I thought that Luis might get accused of breaking his promise to not use his ability and be suspected when I was thinking he was town at that point, so I gave it to him. I wonder how different the game could have gone if alex was lynched at that point. Maybe it would have finished earlier.

Of course, I was the one who passed the role-blocking dinner to TT and when I saw the night update, I was ready to pressure him about it. His priest claim threw me off a bit and town was more determined to go after Porygon-X, so I let him off but if the game hadn't ended today I would have gone after him.

As for the club, I was deciding between passing it to Chaos Jackal or Lenny. In the end, I went with Lenny since he was the confirmed town and he replied to me in the thread and posted that he didn't trust TT, so I passed it to him hoping that he would use it on TT... and he did. And after reading the QT link posted above, I say that you did deserve the honor of being the one to end the game and give town the win, Lenny. :D

This game was great.

Oh, and I was actually also town watcher, but I didn't get much use out of it. I suppose I should have been able to find wolf/invader if I watched the person who happened to die on that night, but here's what happened:

Watched Drohn Night 1 and Night 2 --- dies Night 3

Watched rev3rsor Night 3, then watched someone else next night --- dies Night 4

(屮ಥДಥ)屮 彡 ┻━┻

I was sooooo closeeeeee! If PP had been 10 minutes earlier, I'm assuming Luis would not have targetted me and I would have won the next day. GG all.

edit: I also nominate KoN for mvp.

Well, I suppose that was to be expected!

apollo-bashful(g).gif

The town played very well this game, I have to admit. Town MVP definitely goes to Keeper of Night this time around. Although you guys did get extremely lucky at the beginning of the game managing to get rid of 2/3 of the scum team without breaking a sweat. I pretty much acted alone for the rest of the game. Heck, I had to prod PP by PM just to use his ability on Keeper. He could have at least tried to act innocent when he posted. But by the end, there were just too many confirmed townies, so I knew I would be found out sooner or later.

One actual complaint that I have is the whole multiple lynch deal. That was extremely overpowered in my opinion. It can be very easily abused in the town's favor, as seen yesterday, when a member of both scum groups and a dangerous indie were all removed in one go. It may sound like I'm just complaining because I was a member of the scum team, but I felt that it was made the game pretty unbalanced.

Besides that, I had a great time playing in this game! My role was an interesting one, and I got to be part of a strong (yet terribly unfortunate) scum team, so I'm happy. See you all in WW XXIII, where I'll probably be scum again!

Here's the wolf chat, for reference: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/cxybFvuRyf5ng

Oh, and one last thing. You may have won the game... but you'll never be royyyaaaallllls!

TwistedTurtwig said:
One actual complaint that I have is the whole multiple lynch deal. That was extremely overpowered in my opinion. It can be very easily abused in the town's favor, as seen yesterday, when a member of both scum groups and a dangerous indie were all removed in one go. It may sound like I'm just complaining because I was a member of the scum team, but I felt that it was made the game pretty unbalanced.

As someone who started the game innocent, I'll admit that I thought this was on the overpowered side myself, mostly because of how easy it was to do as a result of tallies recording all vote manipulation and making said vote manipulation really easy to spade. Is this a common thing here? Other places that I play (and how I've always hosted, myself) make public tallies only show publicly known votes, with hidden manipulation staying hidden. I can see upsides and downsides to both systems, but it was mostly so visible here because of how easy it was to spade and manipulate the final lynch votes to be perfectly correct, which seemed to completely invalidate the point of vote manipulation powers (especially considering how many of them there were in this game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back