Finished Werewolf XXII II - Pokémon Prerelease Werewolf - Scum Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
Pokemon Prerelease Werewolf
This game will begin when The Reign of Terror reaches Night 3.

How to Play
What is Werewolf?

• Werewolf (more commonly known as Mafia, the game it is based on) is a game that features two main factions: the werewolves and townspeople. The idea is that there is a town of people and some werewolves have hidden amongst them. During the day, they appear as normal people - it is at night that they take the form of the beast and slay the townspeople.

How do you play?

• Werewolf is played in two shifts: Day (120 hours) and Night (48 hours).

Day

• During the Day, everyone talks amongst themselves and uses the powers of deduction to determine who they think the wolves are. Votes are cast for the suspected player, and once a simple majority has been reached (if there are 18 players in the game, 10 votes are needed), that player is lynched. His or her role is revealed, and the game goes into Night.

• If the deadline is reached and a simple majority has not been reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched instead. In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.

How to Vote

• At any time during the day phase, you may vote for a person to be lynched. To vote for a player, type "VOTE <player>" anywhere in your post. The word VOTE must be in all caps as the game moderator will be using ctrl+f with case match to compile votes. At any time after voting for someone, you may remove your vote for that person (unvoting). To unvote, just type "UNVOTE <player>" anywhere in your post. Unvoting is not required to change your vote.

Night

• During the Night, no one is allowed to post in the game thread. This is the time when the wolves congregate and decide on someone to kill. Once decided, the wolf leader sends the game moderator the decision, and that person is killed (removed from the game). Many players also have abilities that can be used only at night, and all of those are sent to us as well. Once 48 hours pass (or all night abilities have been sent), the previous Night's actions are explained, and the game returns to Day.

• The cycle repeats until one faction wins.

How to win
How do you win?
It depends on your team. Each character in Werewolf has an alignment:

TCG Player (Town)
The town (a person who is aligned with the town is also called a townie) represents the uninformed majority whose goal is to eliminate all threats to the town. The town's main weapon is the lynch. Sometimes there are townies with the ability to kill during Night.

TCG Thief (Werewolve)
The werewolves (also referred to in this game as "scum") represent the informed minority. Each of them knows the identities of the other wolves and can use that knowledge to influence voting. Their goal is to match or exceed the number of townies. This way, they will control the lynch vote and trivialize the rest of the game. The scum's main weapon is the kill they can perform each Night. They can also use deceit and sow the seeds of confusion among the town.

Rules
Rules

Violation of any of these rules will result in a modkill or warning depending on what rule you break. A modkill is when you are forcibly removed from the game. If a town aligned player is modkilled then the day will continue. If a wolf or indie is modkilled then the day will end. Players who are modkilled will have their win condition modified to become "Neutral Survivor".

1. No editing posts.
2. No talking about the game outside of the game thread unless your role specifically says otherwise.
3. Don't "Like" posts in this thread once the game has started.
4. Never screenshot any information the the game host sends you.
5. Your avatar, signature, or usertitle may not have anything to do with the game
6. You must make at least 3 posts per day.
7. You must play towards your win condition.
8. Do not argue with me in the thread do so in a PM.
9. I am the host and I have the final say. Therefore I reserve the right to sub you out or modkill you whenever I wish.
10. This game is luck based therefore balance is not guaranteed.
11. All Pokebeach site wide rules apply.

FAQ

Q: What happens when I die?
A: When you die, you are removed from the game and can no longer post in the game thread (because you are dead).

Q: I died, but through my role I learned Player X was a wolf! Can I tell the others?
A: Absolutely not. Once you are dead, you may not communicate with anyone.

Q: I'm going to be gone for X days. What will happen to me?
A: You will be temporarily replaced, if need be. You may reclaim your character upon your return.

Q: How long does a game last?
A: Usually a couple months, but of course your participation depends on how long you survive...

If you have any specific questions regarding your role or how the game works, shoot me a PM.

The Setup
The following roles are the only roles in the game:

Role: TCG Player
Alignment: Players
Ability: Once per night you will open a random pack and gain a random ability.
Win Condition: All Thieves are eliminated

Role: TCG Thief
Alignment: Thieves
Ability: You are able to communicate freely with the other Thieves.
Win Condition: All non-Thieves are eliminated

Role: TCG Thief Scout
Ability: Each night you will be alerted of all the pack contents that were unwrapped that night. You will not be alerted to who they belong to.

Role: TCG Lead Thief
Ability: Once per night you will steal a players cards (you don't actually get any abilities the cards might have) and eliminate them from the game. Please PM me the name of the person you wish to use this ability on. Once you die this ability will automatically be passed on to another Thief.

Credit goes to PaidPyro and KPiplup for the basic idea of the setup.

Players
If you wish to play as a sub then please say so in the thread.

Players:
1) PMJ
2) Luispipe8
3) Teal
4) Grantm1999
5) GM DracLord
6) Doublenikesocks
7) Rev3rsor
8) Alex
9) Keeper of Night
10) Eron
11) Haunted Water
12) Scorched Feathers
13) Brave Vesperia

Replacements:
1) SkySheild21
2) Ice Espeon
3) Salamencetrainer34
4) Drohn

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Werewolf XXII II - Pokémon Prerelease Werewolf

in

Celever

Wheeeee~

So you've created a bunch of Pokemon Trading Cards, assigned them to a number and a night and it is up to us to draw the good ones?

Sounds fun, I'm in.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Hmm...
in...

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head

Celever said:
So you've created a bunch of Pokemon Trading Cards, assigned them to a number and a night and it is up to us to draw the good ones?

Sounds fun, I'm in.
Yeah... I'm using random.org. It's important to note though that about half the cards are vanilla cards. At least you will probably get an ability sometime this game.

grantm1999

VileGar

Only in because you're the host. The concept scares me.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

In. Never played before so I hope it's fun!

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

in please!
I played the TCG until my friends stopped, then I stopped as well :/

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head

grantm1999 said:
The concept has been used before on other sites; however, I tweaked it and made it better (in my humble opinion at least).

Brave Vesperia said:
It's very fun. Priority is given to players who participated in Left4TheWolves. If you don't get a spot in the game would you be ok with me adding you as a sub?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

Camoclone said:
grantm1999 said:
The concept has been used before on other sites; however, I tweaked it and made it better (in my humble opinion at least).

Brave Vesperia said:
It's very fun. Priority is given to players who participated in Left4TheWolves. If you don't get a spot in the game would you be ok with me adding you as a sub?

I wouldn't mind that.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

grantm1999 said:
Are you saying you are in because Camo won't be in the game? xD

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head

Keeper of Night said:
In as sub (can play the 7th).

This game won't begin until The Reign of Terror reaches day 4.

Teal said:
grantm1999 said:
Are you saying you are in because Camo won't be in the game? xD
I'm laughing pretty hard at this. I wish I was in the game. It's a very fun setup.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Hey, so isn't this thread up a little early? It's gonna be a month or so before we even hit day four.

Status
Not open for further replies.