Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!
Welcome to,
2e6Ozb9.jpg

THE BASICS OF WEREWOLF

What is werewolf?
Werewolf, otherwise known as mafia, is a game consisting of two main alignments, the werewolves and the villagers. The concept is that a small village full of people hides a secret, some of the villagers are werewolves. During the day, the wolves are normal and innocent, but through the night, they exist in the form of a beast, and can mercilessly destroy the village. A day phase will last for 5 in real life days, and a night phase will last for 3 in real life days.

How do you play?
Werewolf is run in two different phases, day and night. These two phases have different rules and systems that allow for communication and abilities.

Day Phase
Throughout the day phase, all alive players have the freedom to talk amongst themselves to try and decide who the wolves could possibly be. Players can also possibly use abilities, and vote throughout the day. Each player has a single vote, which can be changed. The players are allowed to place their vote on who they believe the best candidate for a wolf is. Once a majority is reached, the game host will post the words
GAME FREEZE. Exactly like that. The player who reached the required majority will be lynched, removed from the game, and their role card will be revealed upon this lynch. Once this has happened, the day phase will end, and a night phase will begin. A majority will be defined as half of all alive players, plus one.
Example: If 23 players are alive, 12 of the 23 would have to vote for one player to lynch someone. If a majority is not reached by the end of the day, the player with the highest amount of vote will be lynched instead.

Voting
Voting is the villages main power during the day, so be sure to use the correct format.
If you want to vote a player:
Code:
[b]##VERB: WanderingWolf[/b]
This will then place a vote on the player.

If you want to unvote a player:
Code:
[b]##UNVERB: WanderingWolf[/b]

You are then free to vote any other player, or revote that player.

Night Phase
During a night phase, no one is able to post in the thread except for the game host. This phase allows for the wolves to communicate together, and decide who will be killed that night. Once their decision has been made, the alpha wolf will send the game host a PM containing the name of the player the wolves have decided to kill.
Also during the night, most non-players (90% of them) will be able to use abilities that they have received in their role card. After the night phase deadline has been reached, or every player has sent in a PM with either their ability use, the night phase will end. This will be shown through a summary of the events, and the next day phase will begin.

Abilities and Active Effects
Almost all players have at least one ability, or active effect included in their role. Often, mroe than just one. The difference between abilities and active effects is that abilities are a manual use, while active effects will be used without consent, given the right circumstances. Abilities most often require another player to be targeted, but the requirements differ.
To use an ability, PM me with the correct format shown in your rolecard.
If you do not want to use an ability, PM me with
Code:
[b]##NO ABILITY[/b]

Active effects are usually always on, or might activate or deactivate once a certain condition is met.

An example of an ability might be when each night, a player may choose one person to seer. This ability would then show that player the targeted players alignment. An example of an active effect would be where a player will be deathproof until a certain day, or night.

THE FACTIONS OF WEREWOLF XXI-0
There are three different factions you could be part of while playing Werewolf XXI-0.

Infected
Infected are the majority of roles in werewolf. The infected's main goal is to eliminate all threats. These include the werewolves, dangerous independents and possibly other various associations. The infected's main weapon is the lynch, as they are the majority. This can be used against them, however, as they are uninformed of who the threats are.

Survivors
Survivors are the werewolves of this game. They are the informed minority, and as such, must use deception and lies to pull the votes in the favour of their faction. During the night, however, they can choose one person to be killed. This player will then be removed from the game come morning.

Independents
Independents are the alienated faction. They either have the alignment 'Self' (meaning that they need to be eliminated by the town), or 'None' (meaning that they do not need to be eliminated by the town).
Each independent has a different win condition, and as such, will unlikely partner up with each other, or one of the other two factions.

THE RULES OF WEREWOLF XXI-0
There are a set of rules below that every player must follow in order to keep the game fun and fair for every player and spectator. Violation of these rules could result in either a modkill (a forced removal from the game) or a substitution with a player on the reserve list. Some will use a warning set, others, if broken once, will result in an instant modkill.
1) Do not edit your posts.
2) Do not post in the game after a game freeze or while the night phase is in progress.
3) Do not insult other players. Emotional Appeal isn't supposed to be used.
4) Do not like any posts in the thread once the game has started.
5) Do not talk about the game outside of the thread, unless your abilities allows you to do so.
6) Do not take a screenshot of anything the host has sent you, or another player has sent you through a werewolf/mason chat.
7) Do not copy and paste your role directly from the role PM has sent to you. Summarising is legal, word for word roles, real or not, are not.
8) Do not triple-post. Double posting is fine, if in minimal degree. Triple posting is unnecessary.

Any player modkilled will have their role changed to 'Independent Survivor' and as such, cannot win. If a player is modkilled while a day phase is in progress, the possible lynch will not occur, and instead the modkill will.

Inactivity is frowned upon, and as such, all players must make at least 2 posts in 2 day phases. Making 0 in the first day, and 2 in the next day is okay. Any player that does not complete this, will be modkilled.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT IN THE COMPLETELY UNORIGINAL WEREWOLF XXI-0

Role Madness
90% of players have abilities. I classify this as role madness.

SIGNUPS
21 places has already been reached. Anyone who would still like to play, but didn't sign up early enough will become a reserve. Reserves will substitute for minor role breakers.

1. Teal
2. Bisharp37
3. Camoclone
4. alex
5. prafferty98
6. GM Draclord
7. Haunted Blast of Red Samurott a.k.a Tyler
8. rev3rsor
9. Keeper of Night
10. Sillykyle
11. Scorched Feathers
12. PMJ
13. Celever
14. Eron
15. Athena
16. Shampoo Thief
17. Bryan TwistedTurtwig
18. Reinforce
19. Cinesra
20. Machamp The Champion
21. TheGuy

Reserve

1. grantm1999

One last thing, go back and read through the rules. Things have slightly changed.

RE: Werewolf XXI-0 - Left4TheWolves - Signups until 2nd May

That's what he told her.

Something I completely forgot to mention: Deathmarks.

This game will work the same as PMJ's Team Arceus game, meaning that each player will need to have two Deathmarks before dying. Each survivor team and killing role will cause a Deathmarks each every night. This will slow down the killing slightly, and hopefully balance the game out.

Each morning, in the summary, the host will announce who was 'wounded' (meaning, who has a single Deathmarks left).

(It's in the original post as well)

I've got two AP exams coming up, so I'm afraid that I can't commit to joining right now. BUT if sign-ups are still open by May 14 (the date of my later exam) I'll definitely join.

TwistedTurtwig said:
I've got two AP exams coming up, so I'm afraid that I can't commit to joining right now. BUT if sign-ups are still open by May 14 (the date of my later exam) I'll definitely join.

Would you be willing to be a reserve, since I doubt you'll be subbed in Day 1?

I didn't even notice that sign-ups ended the 2nd, so yeaaaaah just sign me up as a reserve.

Sure, why not, let's play.

sure ok

Levels sound like definitely one of the worst WW ideas ever but I'm in.

WW, HOW DARE YOU NOT GIVE ME BIRDSEED
You are confoscum. Do we lynch guise?

Scorched Feathers said:
WW, HOW DARE YOU NOT GIVE ME BIRDSEED
You are confoscum. Do we lynch guise?
James is always confo-scum. Your logic is inherently flawed.

In it to hopefully not be a wolf for the fifth time in a row. And of course, to ##FLEX: FOUR ARMS.

Machamp The Champion said:
In it to hopefully not be a wolf for the fifth time in a row. And of course, to ##FLEX: FOUR ARMS.

If you are, then you and TT will be turbo-lynched at the start of every future WW game.

Deathmarks.. Hurms that should be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back