Finished Werewolf XVIII: The Blank Game: Game Over! A winner is PMJ and RogueChomp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
RE: Werewolf XVIII: The Blank Game: Day 4 ends Saturday, October 19 at 12pm/Noon MST

You're weirdly aggressive today, aren't you? Why the change in attitude after your resurrection?

Eagle4

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Werewolf XVIII: The Blank Game: Day 4 ends Saturday, October 19 at 12pm/Noon MST

It's the only way to actually get information off of you guys. I'm frustrated by people who have no idea how to play OC refusing because "they've already said their role in thread" or "I don't trust you". We have been playing terrible so far, and so we really need to step it up.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Eagle: The reason I don't want to claim to you (or anyone else) is because any one of us could be recruited into the cult at any time. Yeah, you're confirmed town now, the same way camoclone was during d1. But once today passes, all bets are off and if you get swooped into the cult then you now have a list of most of the town's power roles and we're pretty much screwed.

<Eagle4> Well, DNA can just alarm me every night so I don't get recruited

Yeah he can, until he gets recruited himself (if he isn't already recruited). We have no guarantee that DNA is still town, so you're gonna have to do better than relying on the alarmist if you want me to claim to you.

I really don't want to lose to the cult.

sillykyle

boop

Don't have time to read everything right now but I'd just like to address this real quick:

Sir Taco said:
You can prove it now sillykyle. Ask Teal to copy/paste a paragraph from our chat last night and then post it here. I'll confirm/deny it.

I'm not allowed to quote anything from the kidnap QT.

RaichuGirl

Australian National champion 2014

sillykyle said:
Don't have time to read everything right now but I'd just like to address this real quick:

Sir Taco said:
You can prove it now sillykyle. Ask Teal to copy/paste a paragraph from our chat last night and then post it here. I'll confirm/deny it.

I'm not allowed to quote anything from the kidnap QT.

Can you paraphrase then?

Kecleon-X

124c41+

Eagle4 said:
Kecleon-X, in regards to your concerns about my plan, you are massively incorrect. You are oblivious to the fact that in every OC game, there will have to be a town leader in order for the village to win. I know you're used to NOC games and so you're treating it as such, but this is an OC game, adapt. Fakeclaiming vanilla townie is a terrible move for any mafia to make as it doesn't knock any suspicion off them. It would be much better for the mafia to fakeclaim a power role, regardless of how risky it is. I can then find out the mafia from there. Either way, claiming to me is the only action we can take to give a win to the village; treat me as the "saving grace", if you like.

PMJ, Kecleon-X, James<numbers>, Blui and anyone else I haven't received a role from, I'll need it now.

But you get my point, don't you? It's like assuming that everyone who plays this game is trustworthy, or something.

Anyway, I'm sending you my role now, minus flavor, obviously.

Poseidon

Formerly Sir Taco

Then ask Teal for our QT link. That won't be quoting from the kidnap QT.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

James86134 said:
Also, what happened to Slaughter?[/unrelated]

It's already taken, apparently. I'm not going to change my avatar though so that people can still recognize me easily.

So let me try to figure something out here: we've got the cult, something so overpowered its almost never used, and we've got a bunch of vanilla townies, so its unlikely that the town is particularly strong role-wise.

Anyway, I don't see any point in everyone giving Eagle their roles. We're not allowed to give flavor and there seems to be a fairly large number of standard roles, so determining which ones are legit is pretty much pure speculation or thinking that someone is scummy due to something else. The only real way it could do much of /anything/ is if the cult gets Eagle, and that would be bad for the town.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The reason Eagle is asking for your roles is because by telling him your roles, he can formulate a plan for the night. I did the same thing for the scum in the last game.

The difference is that when you're town, you can sort out fake claims and tell with a relative degree of certainty who the scum are with a little trial and error.

That's all well and good, but the cult throws a wrench into that plan because today is the only day we can guarantee that Eagle is town. Actually, we can assume he is town tomorrow too since he will either get protected by dna (assuming he's not an idiot) or dna will get recruited.

With Eagle confirming tt's innocence, we can either lynch scumbag Red Rain or "town" kidnapper sillykyle. I'm comfortable with either.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar

And how am I scumbag here?

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

PMJ said:
camo cleared Red Rain as town when we were in the chat room. Red Rain claimed he was also vanilla, and camo told him to send a PM to him with his role minus flavor. A few minutes later, camo said that Red Rain was telling the truth.

We know that camoclone was legitimately vanilla town, so that means Red Rain is either vt, godfather, or cult. I'm inclined to believe he's godfather since why would he just offer up his role, totally unprovoked, and in the chat room of all places where almost no one is gonna see it?

In post 294 he suggested we don't lynch RogueChomp on the basis that if he's the cult leader, then we should lynch him on day 3 before the cult could get too powerful. This is bad since if RC really was cult leader he should be eliminated asap to stop them from winning.

In post 453 he admitted camoclone was confirmed town and he would rather follow camo's advice than someone who was not confirmed. However, three posts later in post 456 he cast a vote for camo, using the reasoning "for terrible posting habits and bad arguments". If Red Rain truly believed camoclone was town, then he has no reason to cast a vote for him at all, let alone three posts later.

I think both he and twistedturtwig are scum. One of those two should definitely be lynched today.

I don't know how Eagle can confirm tt as town, but there you have it, I guess. As he is the only confirmed townie we have, I will take him at his word today (and only today). If you can provide significant evidence that you aren't Scummy McScummington, I'll back off. Until then it's either your or sillykyle.

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar

Okay. Eagle, tomorrow, check your inbox. You'll have my role minus the flavor.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk

sillykyle

boop

Sent my role to Eagle and requested the QT link from Teal. Do you want me to just post it here or PM it to you SirTaco? Teal says ST should be considered town btw, although I suppose that's kind of obvious.

sillykyle

boop

sillykyle said:
Teal says ST should be considered town btw, although I suppose that's kind of obvious.

Non-mafia*

Poseidon

Formerly Sir Taco

sillykyle said:
Sent my role to Eagle and requested the QT link from Teal. Do you want me to just post it here or PM it to you SirTaco? Teal says ST should be considered town btw, although I suppose that's kind of obvious.

PM it to me.

Eagle4

Aspiring Trainer

Just like to point out that I'm not confirming TwistedTurtwig as town. I'm simply stating that I believe he is (and he won't be lynched today).

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!

Eagle4 said:
Just like to point out that I'm not confirming TwistedTurtwig as town. I'm simply stating that I believe he is (and he won't be lynched today).

... How do you know? Why is it that every confo-town think that their opinion means everything to the other players? You saying that TT is town, doesn't mean he won't be lynched today. Just like you saying that I'm scum, won't make me get lynched.

Blui

lv85 paladin

@ Eagle4, like hell I'm giving you my role. I don't want to, in fear of you being scum/cult. Nice try. Developments or die.

(And no one seems to have noticed my hints...hmmm)

WanderingWolf

Only *insert number here* days to go!

Blui said:
@ Eagle4, like hell I'm giving you my role. I don't want to, in fear of you being scum/cult. Nice try. Developments or die.

(And no one seems to have noticed my hints...hmmm)

... What? Ok then. First of all, Eagle cannot be cult/scum, as his dying role was town. He couldn't have been targeted to be recruited last night as he was dead... And of course. Someone has to say he's scum/cult.

##BLUEEN:BLUI

I'd like you to explain both these 'hints' and why you think he is scum/cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.