Finished Werewolf XVIII: The Blank Game: Game Over! A winner is PMJ and RogueChomp

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
RE: Werewolf XVIII: The Blank Game: Day 10 ends Tuesday December 3 at 12pm/Noon MST

##UNCUT : James86134

Guys forgive me if I lead to the demise of the town with my decision. It is a really hard one when you are the person that can break a tie.. but..i have decided based on what I grasp from the information potrayed throughout me being in this town resident..

Finger crossed

##HAMMER: sillykyle

Professor Palutena

The Queen
RE: Werewolf XVIII: The Blank Game: Day 10 ends Tuesday December 3 at 12pm/Noon MST

Given the stress of the situation, the citizens were campaigning like politicians (and the host ate more popcorn than he should have). It took a lot of convincing on PMJ's part, but in the end, sillykyle was elected for death today.

Red Rain took sillykyle to the gallows. While sillykyle was a little on the short side, due to a lack of a non-existant neck, they managed to make it work. Within seconds, the little guy was dead.

Dear sillykyle,

You are Toad, the Town Kidnapper

Yeah random.org is a big fan of the irony of this. Let's just hope Princess Peach isn't around to see this.

Your abilites are:
Kidnap: Once a night, you may ##KIDNAP: PLAYER. You've watched the Princess get kidnapped enough that you know how to do it flawlessly (maybe Bowser isn't so bad after all I mean what). That player will be unable to post in the game thread during the next day phase or converse with anyone outside of the game thread except for you. They will also be unable to be lynched.

You win if: all threats to the town are eliminated.

Red Rain, Mapleboy86, Chronus MSEA and James86134 gasped in horror at their mistake. The sky turned dark. They turned around and saw PMJ cackle with evilness. PMJ handed each of them a sticky note.

Dear Town;

suck it

Your pal worst nightmare, PMJ

And then everyone else died and PMJ became the black god of the blank game.

Red Rain has been endgamed!
Dear Red Rain,

You are Joel, the Town Vanilla

A brutal survivor with few moral lines left to cross. You have been hardened by the ravages of the fungal pandemic that has devastated civilization as we know it. Yeah, I just copied this from the wiki.

You're so old that you have no abilities.

James86134 has been endgamed!
Dear James86134,

You are Kirby, the Town Roleblocker

The pinkest marshmallow on this side of the galaxy, you're ready to roll and aren't going to let anyone stop you...especially since you can eat pretty much anything.

Your abilities are:
Roleblock: Each night, you may ##ROLEBLOCK: Player. You will swallow that player, and this will prevent them from using their role during the night. You will not gain any powers of the people you swallow, and players will regain them at the beginning of the day. Swallowing a scum member will not block their factional kill in any way.

Mapleboy86 has been endgamed!
Dear Mapleboy86,

You are Grandma, the Town Item Trader

uhh, I'm not even sure what this is but you know this have to be serious for you, a grandma, to want to fight! Maybe you can use your cookies to... do something I guess?

Your abilities are:
Item Trade: You're so old, you remember when the barter system was standard! Once a night, you may ##TRADE WITH: PLAYER and will swap items with that player, even if either you or them have no items.

and Chronus MSEA has been endgamed.

Dear Chronus MSEA

You are Luigi, the Town Vanilla

uh, who are you?

Because you're so obscure, you have no abilities other than your vote and posts.

PMJ has won!

Dear PMJ,

You are Albert Wesler, the Independant Serial Killer

You're a power hungry, knowledgable and cunning man who wants power over the whole world. Why? Because it's fun and you have nothing better to do with your time. There's a lot of tricks up your sleeve to keep you ahead of the bunch.

Your abilities are:
Godfather: Anyone who investigates you will discover you are a TOWN VANILLA.
Bulletproof: You are smart enough to bring a bulletproof vest with you to the battle, causing you to survive the first two attempts made on your life.
1-shot Strongman: Once a game, you may ##STRONGMAN: PLAYER, instead of your normal kill. This will cause the player you strongmanned to die and nothing will stop them from dying.
Hangman: During the day, you will receive any items that the lynched player holds instead of a random wagoner.
Serial Killer: Each night, you may ##KILL: PLAYER. That player will be killed.
Neighbor: You may communicate with RogueChomp. They do not have the same alignment as you, but you can be sure that they do not win if you die.
Thick Skin: Your too focused on your goal to allow alignment to be changed.

You win if: you are the last man standing or nothing can prevent the same

Congratulations to PMJ and RogueChomp, the winners of Werewolf 18: The Blank Game!

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Postgame will come some time tomorrow hopefully alongside most of the QT links.

PMJ ended up winning because a 4 man town can't lynch PMJ 3 times before PMJ hits parity.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
I HATE ALL OF YOU

except for Black God, the rascal

TheGuy

Member since '09
This town. Everyone except sillykyle. Why in the world would you not have to lynch the only person that can kill today?

Professor Palutena

The Queen
And wow, kyle saw right through Death Miller Porygon-X.

Sheesh. I'm off my game today.

And I think this is the first SK victory in PB history. Whoo~

DNA

Advanced Member
Astra said:
And wow, kyle saw right through Death Miller Porygon-X.

Sheesh. I'm off my game today.

And I think this is the first SK victory in PokéBeach history. Whoo~

There was one game way way back (I think it was WW2) where an indie won, but I don't know the details.

sillykyle was definitely the game's best and smartest player, no questions asked.
Though I am glad I helped to prove the existence of the cult to begin with.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
sillykyle said:
BTW... Am I forgetting someone, or was there no town seer?
Blui was until he got converted.

And he couldn't see alignment.

Town lost a lot of power roles really quick.

Link to graveyard: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/PXW2GKvyiwH

General consensus was that PMJ played phenomenally, kyle was best townie, RaichuGirl played great and Blui was useless.

DNA

Advanced Member
sillykyle said:
Damn it DNA I keep thinking you're Four Arms.

I now have this strong urge to go meet him and take a photo with us showing our muscles.
Because then we'd be flexing four arms.

But that is a story for another day.

sillykyle

boop
Astra said:
sillykyle said:
BTW... Am I forgetting someone, or was there no town seer?
Blui was until he got converted.

And he couldn't see alignment.

Town lost a lot of power roles really quick.

Link to graveyard: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/PXW2GKvyiwH

General consensus was that PMJ played phenomenally, kyle was best townie, RaichuGirl played great and Blui was useless.

Ah, the one role you never posted. ;P

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Fun fact: I've never written a post game before.

Here's the mod thoughts on setup. Player play will come later.

I really feel like Werewolf here has become incredibly stale. No one wants to be inventive with their massive role madness setups. That's where I had all of my ideas for with this game.

The game would still have an informed minority vs an uninformed majority. I like cults, and as they hadn't been used here before, I felt really compelled to use one in this game. Cults really suck to balance, so I got rid of the scumteam as a result. Role madness and cult don't mix well due to balance, which is where my vanilla townies came from.

OC was an idea I really wanted to try in this game, but I don't think I'll use it again because outside of PMJ and sillykyle, no one ever used it. =/ I guess people here are too resiliant to change, which is unfortunate but oh well.

As I had vanillas in the game, I wanted to still keep them useful. This is where the seven items came in. Each vanilla had an item, but no one ever did anything with them. Items were supposed to cause communication to happen. All of the items were supposed to find the power roles. In particular, the Kid Icarus items (Bow, Palm and Blade) were supposed to find each other, which they did.

The most key component of a scumless game is in the indie. I needed to make the SK a more powerful role than normal, which is why it's so beefed up. I also gave it a partner who could perform a set of tasks. The partner needed to, again, communicate with its partner to win. Which is why they were given a clear in their neighbors.

Town had a lot of ways to mess with the cult, in the form of: alarmist, roleblocker, kidnapper, watcher and voyeur. The item cop could also be used to keep powerful items away from the cult.

The death miller was the final step in the setup. I had to keep it hidden to the player (again, sorry Porygon-X) for it to work as I wanted. If town ever figured out that the game was scumless, the death miller became a balancing factor to the cult and SK. This let both hide in the shadows and appear to scumhunt. Of course PMJ just kinda said screw it and claimed SK, which is a super bold claim. It kinda nerfed the intention of the death miller.

Also this was not a troll game. I've got ideas for a troll game that I can discuss with you if you're interested in the prospect.

Finally, this was the first Werewolf/Mafia game I've ever hosted, and I did learn a lot about how to mod better. I think I was way too involved in the game. I have this unnatural urge to explain everything to everyone, which is my excuse for my over involvement. But I don't plan on being involved in my next game.

Player analysis coming later.

DNA

Advanced Member
One thing that surprised me is the cult never tried to recruit me. They could have, but they didn't. Why?

also Astra you liar I totally used my item

Status
Not open for further replies.