Finished Werewolf XVII: Universe - Game Over - Antagonists Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
Werewolf XVII: Universe
(If anyone would like to make a banner, feel free)​

The Postgame Writeup is post #1336

Welcome to the latest installment of Werewolf, a game that takes fictional characters from all forms of media and pits them against each other in the greatest battle of all time! Video game characters face off against famous movie characters. Superheros verse characters found in fictional novels! In Werewolf: Universe, anything is possible! [/super cheesy intro]

There are a few changes to the rules and how to play, so it's a good idea to look over them even if it isn't your first time playing.​

What is Werewolf?
Werewolf (more commonly known as Mafia, the game it is based on) is a game that features two main factions: the werewolves and townspeople. The idea is that there is a town of people and some werewolves have hidden amongst them. During the day, they appear as normal people - it is at night that they take the form of the beast and slay the townspeople.

How do you play?
Werewolf is played in two shifts: Day (168 hours) and Night (72 hours).

Day​
During the Day, everyone talks amongst themselves and uses the powers of deduction to determine who they think the wolves are. Votes are cast for the suspected player, and once a simple majority has been reached (if there are 18 players in the game, 10 votes are needed), that player is lynched. His or her role is revealed, and the game goes into Night.

If the deadline is reached and a simple majority has not been reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched instead. In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.

How to Vote

At any time during the day phase, you may vote for a person to be lynched. To vote for a player, type "VOTE <player>" anywhere in your post. The word VOTE must be in all caps as the game moderator will be using ctrl+f with case match to compile votes. At any time after voting for someone, you may remove your vote for that person (unvoting). To unvote, just type "UNVOTE <player>" anywhere in your post. Again, the word UNVOTE must be in all caps to be counted.

Re-voting immediately is not required, but you must still follow proper voting format at all times.

Night​
During the Night, no one is allowed to post in the game thread. This is the time when the wolves congregate and decide on someone to kill. Once decided, the wolf leader sends the game moderator the decision, and that person is killed (removed from the game). Many players also have abilities that can be used only at night, and all of those are sent to us as well. Once 72 hours pass (or all night abilities have been sent), the previous Night's actions are explained, and the game returns to Day.

The cycle repeats until one faction wins.

How do you win?
It depends on your team. Each character in Werewolf XVII has one of three different alignments:

The Town​
The town (a person who is aligned with the town is also called a townie) represents the uninformed majority whose goal is to eliminate all threats to the town. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: Protagonists," you are on this team.) The town's main weapon is the lynch. Sometimes there are townies with the ability to kill during Night.

Town Win Condition: At least one Protagonist-aligned player is alive when all threats have been eliminated.

The Werewolves​
The werewolves (also referred to in this game as "scum") represent the informed minority. Each of them knows the identities of the other wolves and can use that knowledge to influence voting. Their goal is to match or exceed the number of townies. This way, they will control the lynch vote and trivialize the rest of the game. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: Antagonists," you are on this team.) The scum's main weapon is the kill they can perform each Night. They can also use deceit and sow the seeds of confusion among the town.

Scum Win Condition: At least one Antagonist-aligned player is alive when all other players are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

The Independents​
In addition to the two main factions, there sometimes exist independent or "indie" characters. They are not on either main team but are aligned with themselves and can have varying Win Conditions. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: None, or Alignment: Self" you are an indie.) Indies that have the alignment of None are not a threat to the town's Win Condition, but those that have the alignment of Self are, and must be eliminated before the town can win.

Rules

Violation of any of these rules will result in a modkill. A modkill is when you are forcibly removed from the game.

1. No editing posts. (Hint: Merging posts (a result from double posting) appears as an edit. Don't do it!) First violation will result in a warning; second is a modkill.
2. No talking about the game outside of the game thread unless your role specifically says otherwise.
3. No forum name changes as long as you're alive.
4. Don't "Like" posts in this thread once the game has started.
5. Never screenshot any information the the game host sends you.

FAQ

Q: What happens when I die?
A: When you die, you are removed from the game and can no longer post in the game thread (because you are dead). If you are part of the wolf team, you will also lose access to the wolf forum.

Q: I died, but through my role I learned Player X was a wolf! Can I tell the others?
A: Absolutely not. Once you are dead, you may not communicate with anyone.

Q: I'm going to be gone for X days. What will happen to me?
A: You will be temporarily replaced, if need be. You may reclaim your character upon your return.

Q: How long does a game last?
A: Usually a couple months, but of course your participation depends on how long you survive...

Q: Hey, my role PM has an Ability and an Active Effect on it. What's the difference?
A: An Ability is something that you must manually activate, whereas an Active Effect is always in effect. Something that allows you to target a player and learn their Alignment would be an Ability, and something that hides your Alignment from Abilities would be an Active Effect.

Q: Can I quote anything the game moderator sends me?
A: Yes! You can say whatever you want in this game, be it information gained from an ability or an entire role PM. However you must not screenshot or otherwise record information gained as this creates an unfair advantage. The only media in which you may post information learned outside of the game thread is text.

If you have any specific questions regarding your role or how the game works, shoot the game moderator a PM.

In this game you can reveal your role freely, and more importantly, lie about it. Here is the template used in this game:
Code:
[img]<url to character picture>[/img]
[b]Character:[/b] <character>
[b]Alignment:[/b] <faction; Protagonists/Antagonists/None/Self>

This is where the flavor text of the role will go.

[b]Ability 1:[/b] <name of ability>
This is where the ability description will go.

[b]Active Effect 1:[/b] <name of active effect>
This is where the active effect description will go.

[b]Win Condition:[/b]
<wincon>

Character pictures are all around the same size (but can differ), and all were found using Google Images. The win conditions can be found in the Factions spoiler. Ability vs Active Effects are explained in the Rules and FAQ spoiler.

1) PMJ Winner!
2) Hegafire0 Modkilled Day 5
3) Sir Taco Winner!
4) Teal Killed Night 1
5) Eagle4 -> Keeper of Night Killed Night 5
6) Salamencetrainer34 -> Lenny Killed by a blast of fire Night 1
7) Haunted Water Killed by neurotoxin Night 3
8) Dark Void
9) MDL Taken into the forest Night 5
10) Machamp the Champion Killed by neurotoxin Night 5
11) Astra Lynched Day 4 Winner!
12) Blui Killed Night 2
13) Shocker
14) Kecleon-X Lynched Day 6
15) RaichuGirl Taken into the forest Night 3
16) TheGuy Winner!
17) Glace Killed Night 4
18) sillykyle -> TwistedTurtwig Winner!
19) pokemeister899 -> Phoenix -> ChillBill Killed Night 6
20) Lemonnade Winner!
21) DNA
22) James86134 Committed suicide Night 5
23) Cinesra
24) camoclone Lynched Day 1
25) Flys Gone 2071 Lynched Day 7
26) Blah -> LuckyFire Killed by neurotoxin Night 7
27) doublenikesocks
28) Wailord_2 Lynched Day 2

Replacements:
Meaty
Bisharp37
SheNinja
Some Loser
SoldiersSpirit

To sign up, just post that you would like to be in this game in the thread, and I will add you to the list. If the 28 players have been reached, you can still sign up as a replacement and will be added if anyone needs to drop out or is modkilled for whatever reason.

alex was supposed to co-host to this game, and if he ever comes back to the forums he can post the night updates/warn people if I can't.

So that's about it. This game should be really interesting and fun, and I hope you all enjoy!

(Oh and go ahead and "Like" this post! :3)

RE: Werewolf XVII: Universe - Signups!

in

In. I won't forget rules this time. :p

In this game you can reveal your role freely
No. Please. NO.

Now I'm reconsidering if I want to enter. :/
If you do that: NO flavour text and NO pictures. Do you even have the slightest idea how much pressure that puts on the wolves? Town can afford to be derpy, wolves need to be excellent players to win. Don't make it EVEN harder for them.

Oh, and I won't be even near as active as I was in previous games, so don't be surprised, I told you so. (I even considered not playing at all in the next WW but then I thought about how inactive some players are and I will surely be more active than thos who get modkilled.)

> was scum in last game
> faked a role PM the town believed
> ended up winning because of it
> whines about role reveal next game

Okay.

As long as the moderator provides a list of safe claims, role reveal is fine. Just don't be stupid about it.

PMJ said:
> was scum in last game
> faked a role PM the town believed
> ended up winning because of it
> whines about role reveal next game

Okay.

As long as the moderator provides a list of safe claims, role reveal is fine. Just don't be stupid about it.
Yes, but it took too much work, and it would have been impossible earlygame.

Then don't claim early game. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh

I'd like to point out that I was recently involved in a NOC where people could reveal their role freely (although not quoting the role or showing it all, just name and ability). The game went fine and I ended up winning as mafia, despite the rule. I really don't see how the rule affects the gameplay dramatically, or leans bias in favour of the village.

They need to remove the 5 character limit in this part of the forum.

Quick question whos answer I probably skipped. How do you determine somebody is a wolf? The moderator of the game takes you out and thats it.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
How do you determine somebody is a wolf? The moderator of the game takes you out and thats it.
...? Huh? What?

Seems like a pretty cool idea. I'm in. Probably gonna be a town... again. *sigh

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Quick question whos answer I probably skipped. How do you determine somebody is a wolf? The moderator of the game takes you out and thats it.

Uh... everyone is PM'd there role, which includes there alignment, powers, etc. I noticed the original post doesn't say anything about you getting PM'd your role (or I just missed it), so I can see why that would be confusing for a new player.

I know you get Pm'd the role, but use this example/

Player 1 is a wolf

Player 2 is a villager

How will player 2 determine if player 1 is a wolf?

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I know you get Pm'd the role, but use this example/

Player 1 is a wolf

Player 2 is a villager

How will player 2 determine if player 1 is a wolf?

Through a series of ability results and how scummy Player 1 appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back