Finished Werewolf XVII II: The Greatest Idea (OVER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys! Here with a great idea. *ba-dum-tiss* Let's get onto the good stuff:

Make sure that you read these rules. A LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT of them are new to this site.

(Rules are pretty much copypasted from WW XVI. Major tweaks have been made.)
What is Werewolf?
Werewolf (more commonly known as Mafia, the game it is based on) is a game that features two main factions: the werewolves and townspeople. The idea is that there is a town of people and some werewolves have hidden amongst them. During the day, they appear as normal people - it is at night that they take the form of the beast and slay the townspeople.

How do you play?
Werewolf is played in two shifts: Day (168 hours) and Night (96 hours).

Day
During the Day, everyone talks amongst themselves and uses the powers of deduction to determine who they think the wolves are. Votes are cast for the suspected player, and once a simple majority has been reached (if there are 18 players in the game, 10 votes are needed), that player is lynched. His or her role is revealed, and the game goes into Night.

If the deadline is reached and a simple majority has not been reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched instead. In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.

If 50% of the players vote No Lynch, then there will be No Lynch and the game will go into Night Phase.

How to Vote

At any time during the day phase, you may vote for a person to be lynched. To vote for a player, type VOTE: <player> anywhere in your post. It must be bold or it will not be counted as a vote. The word "VOTE" must also be in all capital letters. At any time after voting for someone, you may remove your vote for that person (unvoting). To unvote, just type UNVOTE: anywhere in your post. It must be bold or it will not be counted as an unvote. The word "UNVOTE" must be in all capital letters. The colon (":") must be there too.

Unvoting before voting again is nice, but it is not required.

Re-voting immediately is not required, but you must still follow proper voting format at all times.

Night
During the Night, no one is allowed to post in the game thread. This is the time when the wolves congregate and decide on someone to kill. Once decided, the wolf leader sends me the decision, and that person is killed (removed from the game). Many players also have abilities that can be used only at night, and all of those are sent to me as well. Once 72 hours pass (or all night abilities have been sent), the previous Night's actions are explained, and the game returns to Day.

The cycle repeats until one faction wins.

How do you win?
It depends on your team. Each character in The Great Idea has one of four different alignments:

The Town
The town (a person who is aligned with the town is also called a townie) represents the uninformed majority whose goal is to eliminate all threats to the town. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: Town," you are on this team.) The town's main weapon is the lynch. Sometimes there are townies with the ability to kill during Night.

Win Condition: All threats are neutralized while at least one Town-Aligned player is alive.

The Werewolves/The Mafia
The werewolves/mafiosi (also referred to in this game as "scum") represent the informed minority/minorities. Each of them knows the identities of the other wolves/mafiosi and can use that knowledge to influence voting. Their goal is to match or exceed the number of townies. This way, they will control the lynch vote and trivialize the rest of the game. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: Werewolves," you are on the werewolf team. Likewise, If you role PM says "Alignment: Mafia," you are on the Mafia team. These teams are separate and do not know the identities of the other. The win condition is also separate.) The scum's main weapon is the kill they can perform each Night. They can also use deceit and sow the seeds of confusion among the town.

The Scum teams have a factional kill. This will be done in their appropriate QuickTopics. They will type (in bold) "<playerA> kills <playerB>", with <playerA> being the appropiately-aligned player and <playerB> being any other player. Once the decision is made, it will be final. This can also be PM'ed to me, but I will announce who decided the factional kill in the QuickTopic no matter where it was decided.

Once you die, you will not be allowed to speak in your QuickTopic any longer.

{Werewolf} Win Condition: All threats are neutralized and Werewolves amount to at least half of the remaining players while at least one Werewolf-Aligned player is alive.

{Mafia} Win Condition: All threats are neutralized and the Mafia amount to at least half of the remaining players while at least one Mafia-Aligned player is alive.

The Independents
In addition to the two main factions, there sometimes exist independent or "indie" characters. They are not on either main team and are aligned with themselves. (In this game, if your role PM says "Alignment: None," you are an indie.) Indies are not always a threat to the town, but the town usually needs to eliminate them in order to claim victory. If you are an indie, whether or not you are a threat to the town is at the sole discretion of the game moderator. If you're not sure, ask.

Rules

Violation of any of these rules will result in a modkill. A modkill is when you are forcibly removed from the game.

1. No editing posts. (Hint: Merging posts (a result from double posting) appears as an edit. Don't do it!) First violation will result in a warning; second is a modkill.
  2. No talking about the game outside of the game thread.
  3. No forum name changes as long as you're alive.
  4. Don't "Like" posts in this thread once the game has started.
  5. You must declare V/LA in-thread if in Day mode, or PM to me during Night. (If applicable)
  6. You must post every 48 hours. If you are on V/LA then you must post within 120 hours after the declaration of V/LA. Every subsequent 24 hours after the 48 or 120 hours will result in a prod. Prods are made public in-thread. Three prods will result in a replacement.
  7. Replacements will be administered in 3 ways: Inactivity, request by the player in question, or in events that rules have been broken and the game state would be better off by force-replacement rather than a modkill. This will ultimately come down to my opinion.
  8. No more posting when you're dead. You're dead, you can't move, let alone type :p
  9. No posting during the night phase.
  10. If you want to ask me a something, make sure you put it in bold so it won't get lost.
FAQ

Q: What happens when I die?
A: When you die, you are removed from the game and can no longer post in the game thread (because you are dead). If you are part of one of the scum team(s), you will also lose access to the appropriate forum.

Q: I was the seer and I learned Player X was a wolf! Can I tell the others?
A: Absolutely not. In fact, you may not share anything you learned while alive, not just results of your role.

Q: I'm going to be gone for X days. What will happen to me?
A: You will be temporarily replaced, if need be. You may reclaim your character upon your return.

Q: How long does a game last?
A: Usually a couple months, but of course your participation depends on how long you survive...

If you have any specific questions regarding your role or how the game works, shoot me a PM.

EXTRA EXTRA NEW RULE
BALANCE IS EXPLICITLY NOT GUARANTEED!!!
random.org will dictate which roles are used and who they are given to. Twenty-Seven are chosen from the following list, and it will keep getting randomized until there are ≥50% Town roles. I will not run a one win-condition setup, either.

1. Vanilla Townie
  2. Vanilla Townie
  3. Vanilla Townie
  4. Vanilla Townie
  5. Vanilla Townie
  6. Vanilla Townie
  7. Vanilla Townie
  8. Vanilla Townie
  9. Mafia Goon
  10. Mafia Tracker
  11. Mafia 1-Shot Janitor
  12. Werewolf
  13. Werewolf Strongman
  14. Werewolf 3-Shot Roleblocker
  15. Mafia-Immune Serial Killer
  16. Werewolf-Immune Serial Killer
  17. Cop ("Mafia" or "Not Mafia")
  18. Cop ("Mafia" or "Not Mafia")
  19. Seer ("Werewolf" or "Not Werewolf")
  20. Seer ("Werewolf" or "Not Werewolf")
  21. FBI Agent ("Serial Killer" or "Not Serial Killer")
  22. Jailkeeper
  23. Miller
  24. Vigilante
  25. Doctor
  26. Doctor
  27. Innocent Child
  28. Mason
  29. Mason
  30. Mason
  31. Lover
  32. Lover
  33. Lover
  34. Tracker
  35. Hider
  36. Roleblocker
  37. Survivor
  38. Lynchproof Townie
  39. Bulletproof Townie
  40. Priest (Cannot place hammer vote)
  41. Role Cop
  42. Lyncher
  43. Unlyncher
  44. Mafia Goon
  45. Mafia Lover
  46. Werewolf
  47. Werewolf Mason
  48. Alpha Werewolf (Investigates as "Not Werewolf" to Seer's)
  49. Mafia Godfather (Investigates as "Not Mafia" to Cop's)

If there are any single Lovers/Masons, they will be treated as Vanilla Townies. If there are three Lovers/Masons, they will be all put into the same group of the respective role.

All of the Role PM's:

Lynchproof Townie said:
You are a Lynchproof Townie.

Alignment: Town

Ability #0: My Neck is a Ghost; You Can't Hang Me!
As often as it happens, if you were going to be lynched, then the lynch for the day will be treated as a No Lynch.

Win Condition: All threats are neutralized while at least one Town-Aligned player is alive.
Town Mason said:
You are a Town Mason.

Ability #0: Communicator
You may communicate with any fellow Masons. Their alignments are unknown to you. Their identities will be sent to you in a separate PM. This QT will be used. *url snip*

Lover said:
You are a Lover.

Ability #0: I WUV YOUU!!! *Smooch*
If any of your fellow Lovers die, then you will commit suicide. Any of your fellow Lovers' identities will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Role Cop said:
You are a Role Cop.

Ability #0: Lemme See what You are Capable of!
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. You will then learn their role.

Seer said:
You are a Seer.

Ability #0: Are You a Slaying Beast at Night?
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that player's alignment to be either "Werewolf" or "not Werewolf."

FBI Agent said:
You are an FBI Agent.

Ability #0: Do You Need to Go to a Mental Hospital?
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that player's alignment to be either "Serial Killer" or "not Serial Killer."

Vanilla Townie said:
You are a Vanilla Townie.

Miller said:
You are a Miller

Ability #0: You Say that I'M SCUM???
If you get investigated by a Cop, then your Alignment will be returned as "Mafia."

Innocent Child said:
You are an Innocent Child.

Ability #0: I'm just a Wittle Babby! WAAAHHH!!!
Once during the game at any time, you may PM me to use this ability. I will publicly reveal that you are an Innocent Child.

Tracker said:
You are a Tracker.

Ability #0: Track Dat Stuff
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. You will then learn who that player targeted with their ability/abilities during that night.

Bulletproof Townie said:
You are a Bulletproof Townie.

Ability #0: Kevlar
If you are targeted with a killing Ability, you won't die.

Priest said:
You are a Priest.

Ability #0: I Couldn't Lynch Someone, That would be Unholy!
You are unable to place the hammer vote for someone. If you do place the hammer vote, you will be immediately modkilled.

Cop said:
You are a Cop.

Ability #0: What is Your Loyalty?
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that player's alignment to be either "Mafia" or "not Mafia."

Roleblocker said:
You are a Roleblocker.

Ability #0: You Wanted to do Something? Well, TOO FREAKIN' BAD!
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be unable to use any of their roles during that night.

Hider said:
You are a Hider.

Ability #0: Hide Behind Their Back!
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. Any abilities that would be used on you will be used on that player instead. If you Hide behind a Mafia-Aligned, Werewolf-Aligned, or Self-Aligned player then you will die.

Jailkeeper said:
You are a Jailkeeper.

Ability #0: Throw 'Em in the Slammer
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player (excluding yourself). That player will not be able to be targeted by any other abilities nor will they be able to use any of their abilities for that night.

Doctor said:
You are a Doctor.

Ability #0: Protect
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player (excluding yourself). That player will be protected from any killing abilities.

Vigilante said:
You are a Vigilante.

Ability #0: Hunting Dem Scummers
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be killed.

Mafia 1-Shot Janitor said:
You are a Mafia 1-shot Janitor

Alignment: Mafia

Ability #0: Conference
You may speak with any other Mafia-aligned players (if any) at any time. This QuickTopic will be used. *url snip*

Ability #1: Clean Up the Spill
Once during the game, during any night, instead of the Mafia's factional kill, you may use this Ability. PM me the name of a player. That player will be killed by you. The role of the killed player will only be revealed to the Mafia team. It will be said in the thread that the player was killed, but there will be no role flip posted in the thread.

Win Condition: All threats are neutralized and the Mafia amount to at least half of the remaining players while at least one Mafia-Aligned player is alive.

Mafia Tracker said:
You are a Mafia Tracker.

You may speak with any other Mafia-aligned players (if any) at any time. This QuickTopic will be used. *url snip*

Ability #1: Tracking Like a Boss
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. You will be notified of who that player targeted during the night, but not what they actions they took. This role cannot be blocked.

Win Condition: All threats are neutralized and the Mafia amount to at least half of the remaining players while at least one Mafia-Aligned player is alive.

Mafia Godfather said:
You are a Mafia Godfather.

Ability #1: Innocence is Beauty
If investigated by a Cop, your alignment will return as "Not Mafia."

Mafia Lover said:
You are a Mafia Mason.

Ability #0: I WUV YOUU!!! *Smooch*
If any of your fellow Lovers die, then you will commit suicide. Any of your fellow Lovers' identities will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Mafia Goon said:
You are a Mafia Goon.

Werewolf 1-Shot Strongman said:
You are a Werewolf 1-Shot Strongman

Alignment: Werewolves

You may speak with any other Werewolf-aligned players (if any) at any time. This QuickTopic will be used. *url snip*

Ability #1: Strong Like Bull
Once during the game, on any night, you may use this ability instead of the Werewolves' factional kill. You may PM me the name of a player. That player will be killed regardless of any Doctor or Jailkeeper protection. Hiders that have used their ability will not be killed with this role.

Win Condition: All threats are neutralized and Werewolves amount to at least half of the remaining players while at least one Werewolf-Aligned player is alive.

Werewolf Mason said:
You are a Werewolf Mason.

You may speak with any other Werewolf-aligned players (if any) at any time. This QuickTopic will be used. *url snip*

Ability #1: Gossip
You may communicate with any fellow Masons. Their alignments are unknown to you. Their identities will be sent to you in a separate PM. This QT will be used. *url snip*

Win Condition: All threats are neutralized and Werewolves amount to at least half of the remaining players while at least one Werewolf-Aligned player is alive.

Werewolf 3-Shot Roleblocker said:
You are a Werewolf 3-Shot Roleblocker.

Ability #1: Get that Weak Stuff Outta Here!
Thrice per game, on any night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player willb e unable to use any abilities on that night.

Vanilla Werewolf said:
You are a Vanilla Werewolf.

Alpha Werewolf said:
You are an Alpha Werewolf.

Ability #1: I'm Innocent, Folks
If investigated by a Seer, your alignment will return as "Not Werewolf."

Mafia-Immune Serial Killer said:
You are a Mafia-Immune Serial Killer

Alignment: None

Ability #0: I Do This for Pleasure
Once per night, as often as you like, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be killed.

Ability #1: Can't Touch This
If any Mafia-Aligned player targets you with an ability, that ability will fail. This includes a Mafia Strongman's ability.

Win Condition: All other players are dead.
Werewolf-Immune Serial Killer said:
You are a Werewolf-Immune Serial Killer

Ability #0: Bye Bye! *Laughter*

Ability #1: I'm, Too Sexy For Your Roles
If any Werewolf-Aligned player targets you with an ability, that ability will fail.

Win Condition: All other players are dead.

Unlyncher said:
You are an Unlyncher.

Win Condition: The unlynchee is not lynched. If the unlynchee is lynched, then you are deemed a loser and removed from the game. (random.org has determined the unlynchee to be {<playernamhere>}.

Lyncher said:
You are a Lyncher.

Win Condition: The lynchee gets lynched (random.org has determined the lynchee to be {<playernamhere>}.

Survivor said:
You are a Survivor.

Win Condition: You survive to the end of the game.

Winning means fame and fortune. Losing means certain death. The Great Idea has begun.

(If you don't know what this is... I don't even)

1. Astra (Vigilante) (Killed Night 1)
  2. camoclone (Vanilla Townie) (Lynched Day 5)
  3. RaichuGirl (Vanilla Townie) (Killed Night 3)
  4. Haunted Water (Mafia Godfather) (Lynched Day 6) WINNER
  5. PMJ (Tracker) (Killed Night 5)
  6. Flys Gone 2071 (Vanilla Werewolf) (Lynched Day 4)
  7. Blui TheGuy (Alpha Werewolf) (Lynched Day 8)
  8. Sir Taco (Unlyncher) (Lynched Day 1) WINNER
  9. Glace (Doctor) (Killed Night 2)
  10. ChillBill (Werewolf Roleblocker) (Killed Night 6)
  11. MDL (Vanilla Townie) (Killed Night 3)
  12. King Arceus (Cop) (Killed Night 4)
  13. Shocker (Mafia Goon) (Killed Night 7) WINNER
  14. pokemeister899 Fancy (Vanilla Townie) (Endgamed Day 10)
  15. Chillarmy Cosmic Fury SoldiersSpirit (Mason) (Killed Night 6)
  16. Bisharp37 Nengeni (Seer) (Lynched Day 7)
  17. Jay Drohn (Priest) (Lynched Day 10)
  18. Teal (FBI Agent) (Killed Night 1)
  19. Hegafire0 (Doctor) (Modkilled Day 2) (Role modified to Neutral Survivor because of Modkill)
  20. Machamp the Champion (Mason) (Killed Night 7)
  21. James86134 (Mafia Tracker) (SURVIVED) WINNER
  22. sillykyle Luckyfire (Survivor) (Killed Night 8)
  23. RogueChomp (Mafia Lover) (Committed suicide Day 3) WINNER
  24. Lemonnade (Lover) (Lynched Day 3)
  25. TwistedTurtwig (Vanilla Werewolf) (Killed Night 5)
  26. Rally (Werewolf Mason) (Killed Night 4)
  27. Lenny (Innocent Child) (Killed Night 1)

Replacements (once the first 27 spots fill)
  1. Cosmic Fury
  2. TheGuy
  3. Nengeni
  4. SoldiersSpirit
  5. Luckyfire
  6. Fancy
  7. Drohn

RE: Werewolf XVII II: The Greatest Idea

In

Seems fair. In it to not get killed by RG for the 4th game in a row >.>

In, hoping to be a wolf for the first time.

Oh, and I want to hug you because of this:

Winning means fame and fortune. Losing means certain death.

You are officially epic.

First actual game on Beach : O

In.

Just clarifying did everyone read the entire OP?

It is needed.

If any loopholes in the Role PM's are discovered, please PM me immediately.

Sir Taco said:
In, hoping to be a wolf for the first time.

Oh, and I want to hug you because of this:

Winning means fame and fortune. Losing means certain death.

You are officially epic.

^_^

This will be a fun one for sure!

Is this the first multiball game on the Beach?

Quick everyone make a shocker joke.

Any discrepencies on how a role works can be asked in-thread.

I will not answer by PM.

The point of the Unlyncher is for the unlynchee to die through nk/other abilities or for the unlynchee to survive to the end of the game? Would the Unlyncher still win if the Unlynchee gets to the end of the game but he is dead (I suppose not but as wolves win even if they don't survive)? Does it happens the same with the Lyncher (the one that must be lynched is lynched but he is dead)?

In.

And here's hoping I don't have to be subbed out this game

Shocker said:
What is V/LA supposed to be?

Vacation/Low Access
Flys Gone 2071 said:
The point of the Unlyncher is for the unlynchee to die through nk/other abilities or for the unlynchee to survive to the end of the game? Would the Unlyncher still win if the Unlynchee gets to the end of the game but he is dead (I suppose not but as wolves win even if they don't survive)? Does it happens the same with the Lyncher (the one that must be lynched is lynched but he is dead)?

Do the Role PM's say anything about the receiver of the role (the unlyncher/lyncher) being alive at the time?

No, they don't.

The person receiving the Role PM does NOT have to be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back