Finished Werewolf XV II: The Final Frontier (RaichuGirl and Astra (wolf) win!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kecleon-X

124c41+
created.php

Welcome, one and all, to the first Werewolf XV spin-off game! This is a Star Trek themed game, and I have written the Prologue and roles myself. ... Most of this page... Ehh not so much. I have copied it from Dark Void's WW XV game (With a few minor changes). :D

I hope you enjoy!

created.php

Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Farstar, on her mission to seek out new life and civilization in space, and to boldly go where no man has gone before!

I, it sounded cool, didn't it? It was always neat to say when something such as this began, however this was not an exploration mission. This was a routine checkup on the colony based on Detra IV, a desert planet. They had missed their last check-in.

Captain Roger Clemmins had always thought of himself as a cool-headed captain under pressure and the heat of battle, however this was nearly his fourth mission as a Starfleet captain, and it was respectable for him to get smaller missions such as this. Routine check-ups without any sort of combat threat. Irritating, but necessary. If he was ever going to be respected, he had to do the small jobs, first. At any rate, Roger would have preferred to have a higher priority mission.

"ETA?" Clemmins asked Ka-Ton, his chief Science Officer.

"Two hours, three minutes and forty two seconds." the Vulcan replied, turning her swiveling chair to face him.

"So, how long has it been since we jumped to warp speed?" Clemmins asked further, leaning back into his chair.

Raising her right eyebrow, Ka-Ton replied, "Two minutes."

"That's all!? This is a flipping Constitution class vessel! We should get there by yesterday!" Clemmins exclaimed, leaning back forward.

"The Constitution Class vessel is not equipped with the necessary warp drive capable of gaining enough speed to bend space-time. There is another route, however, that would be excessively illogical, considering the fact that we would have to ricochet around a star at the right angle, then proceed to take a longer journey back to-" Ka-Ton began her monologue about the captain's previous statement.

Clemmins replied, laughing hoarsely, "Learn to understand exaggeration!"

Suddenly, the communications officer turned over from his chair, comm mic resting firmly on his left ear.

"Sir, I've just received a distress signal from the U.S.S. Gorganzola, apparently she has been disabled. She is only a few minutes away, shall we render assistance, sir?" the communications officer asked.

Nearly leaping from his chair, Clemmins turned to face the opposite of Ka-Ton and to the communications officer.

"Absolutely!" was his response, trying to hide his excitement at doing something other than a mind-numbing trip to Detra IV.

Several minutes later, and a few jokes that went awry with Ka-Ton, the Farstar finally dropped out of warp in front of a Miranda class vessel. The lights on the saucer section, flickering in the darkness of space, revealed the designation: Gorganzola. She was adrift, nacelles dark and impulse clearly offline due to the normally bright red buzzard catchers now dark.

"Hail them." Clemmins ordered.

The communications officer typed furiously on the keypad in front of him.

"No response, captain." the communications officer replied.

Waiting several moments, Clemmins rubbed his cheek with his finger. Why wouldn't they respond? They were disabled... But why on earth was her comm offline? It wasn't like an engine failure would disable such a thing.

"Scan them." Clemmins ordered.

As soon as the command was sent, however, there was a loud reverberation. The console Ka-Ton was working at erupted in sparks, the lights flickered, sparks flew from the ceiling and fires sprung from the communication terminal. The communication officer burst into flame, screaming, then fell to the ground, dead. The signature sirens of the Constitution class vessel were blaring and the lights turned red.

"What just happened!?" Clemmins barked over the sirens, rushing to Ka-Ton's side and helping her to her feet.

"I believe a highly amplified particle blast, and it would be safe to assume that it was triggered by our scanning." Ka-Ton replied, covered in dust and blood trickling from her forehead.

Suddenly, a picture of a frightened and bloody redshirt came up on the viewscreen, flickering every once and a while.

"They came from- ... -Not human- ... -changing into crew members! Holy- ... -they got - GAHH!!" a partially translucent milky-white arm reached out from the left side of the screen and grabbed the redshirt by the face, then tossed him against the computer terminal he was speaking from.

Then, the creature moved into view. It was a tripod, much taller than a normal man, it wore no attire and it's face was nearly non-existent. It wielded a Starfleet Issue Mark II Phaser in one of it's three hands, and pulled the trigger with ease. A blue ray of light leaped from the front of the weapon and struck the redshirt, who then gained a blue corona around him. Then, he was gone.

The milky-white being began to type furiously on the terminal, then the image and audio seemed to fix.

"Hello, my friends, my name is Ulginesh. Me and my squadron are all humble servents of the Undine Empire," Ulginesh said, bowing lowly, "Me and my squadron are here to end such hostilities towards our space, such as the colony of Detra IV."

"Hostilities? I wasn't aware of any other life-forms that lived in this sector!" Clemmins said, stepping forward and taking the center of the viewscreen.

"We live in fluidic space; the space between spaces. I assure you, we exist." Ulginesh said with a sneer.

"What did you do to the Gorganzola and the colony?" Clemmins asked, brushing off some dust on his lower torso, clad in the typical captain-green.

"They are all dead. I killed the captain myself. Something I look forward to doing to you." Ulginesh said, obviously taking joy in his storming of the Farstar.

Clemmins gave a shocked glare.

"You seem surprised? Don't be. Your time will come, captain, and you will not know who will kill you, for it could be anyone. The reason of mine saying this is because, sadly, there is nothing you can do about it. Ah, my squadron calls. Goodbye, captain." Ulginesh prepared his phaser and fired into the console.

The screen went dark, and static was the only thing present on-screen. Clemmins grabbed his phaser from his hip and began to march out of the room.

"Captain, where are you going?" Ka-Ton asked, striding briskly across the room to her captain.

"I'm going to find these things before they kill any more of our crew." Clemmins replied, jamming his finger in the console to call the turbolift.

"But captain, my console is offline. And without our tricorders, we wouldn't be able to know who these... Undine are." Ka-Ton stated, placing her hands behind her back in a respectful manner.

"Oh come on, illogical thinking is what makes me so charming!" Clemmins said, stepping into the now open turbolift.

Standing in one place for a moment, Ka-Ton followed suit, grabbing her phaser from it's resting place on her hip.

"Captain, I recall that there is a reserve cache of tricorders on C Deck." Ka-Ton motions toward the map on the back of the turbolift.

"Oh yeah! I remember..." Clemmins said, turning to the map of the Farstar that was placed on the wall behind them.

Looking back on the map, Clemmins saw a symbol appear next to the weapons and tricorder cache. Fire. And it seemed the blast also knocked the fire retardant gel out of commission. Joy.

"On second thought, I think it would be wise to not be caught aflame," Clemmins said, mimicking Ka-Ton's emotionless tone, then tapped B Deck with the alert symbol next to it. That was where the Undine transported in.

"Computer, take us to B Deck." Clemmins ordered, then the lift began to move downward at a rapid pace.

Only the whirr of the turbolift and the Red Alert Sirens were the things that were heard. Neither of them spoke.

"Captain, perhaps it would be better if there was very little interaction between the two of us." Ka-Ton said, breaking the silence.

"Why?" Clemmins asked, a little taken aback.

"These Undine are shapeshifters, yes? Then they would shapeshift into people of high power, yes? Mine interacting with you would be a death sentence for the both of us. The Undine would change into me, then kill you." Ka-Ton said, motioning with her hands to emphasize points.

"That sounds like a few leaks have sprung on that Hoover Dam of emotional blockage!" Clemmins joked.

"I am merely trying to maintain the stability of the crew." Ka-Ton said, raising her right eyebrow to nearly the height of her pointed ears.

"Either way, we have arrived." Clemmins said with a joyful nudge on Ka-Ton's side, only to be met with a confused and startled look from the Vulcan.

Readying his phaser, Clemmins moved around the room, followed closely by his Science officer. Turning a corner in the empty hallway, they both stopped short. It was a dead Redshirt. It appeared as if he was impaled, then he used his own blood to write on the pristine-white walls. It read, "ALL DISGUISED RU". The final word must have been "Run", but the poor man must have died before he could have written it all.

It seemed the Undine were already disguised as crew members. This was going to be harder than Clemmins thought.

He whipped out his communicator whilst simultaneously flipping up the golden flap covering the microphone. He then turned a knob on the side of the communicator, calibrating it to the shipwide communication system.

"This is your captain speaking. We have been boarded. They have disguised themselves as members of our crew. They should be considered armed and extremely dangerous. They are not to be taken lightly. If you have any information whatsoever, come to me and me alone. Godspeed." and with that, Clemmins closed his communicator and looked to Ka-Ton, who was examining the body.

Helping the science officer to her feet, Clemmins stated aloud with grim bitterness, "Let's go find us some Undine."

What is Werewolf?
Werewolf (more commonly known as Mafia, the game it is based on) is a game that features two main factions: the werewolves and townspeople. The idea is that there is a town of people and some werewolves have hidden among them. During the day, they appear as normal people - it is at night that they take the form of the beast and slay the townspeople. Unless you are in this game, where it is actually the crew of a Constitution class vessel who must root out all of the vile Undine, who have taken the form of several crew members.

How do you play?
Werewolf is played in two shifts: Day and Night.

created.php

Day
During the Day, everyone talks amongst themselves and uses the powers of deduction to determine who they think the wolves are. Votes are cast for the suspected player, and once a simple majority has been reached (if there are 18 players in the game, 10 votes are needed), that player is lynched. His or her role is revealed, and the game goes into Night.

If the deadline is reached and a simple majority has not been reached, whoever has the most votes on them will be lynched instead. In the event of a tie, there will be overtime until one player has more votes than another.

How to Vote

At any time during the day phase, you may vote for a person to be lynched. To cast a vote, type the following:

Vote: {player}

It must be bold and red, or I will not accept it.

example:

Vote: Kecleon-X

Here's an easy copy-and-paste version:

Code:
[color=red][b]Vote: <PLAYERNAMEHERE>[/b][/color]

If you change your mind later, you may vote for someone else, but you must unvote the player you voted for before you may vote for anyone else. To unvote, type the following:

Unvote: <PLAYERNAMEHERE>

It must be bold and blue, or I will not accept it.

After that, you may vote as normal.

example:

Unvote: Kecleon-X
Vote: Porygon-X

Here's the unvote copy and paste:

Code:
[color=blue][b]Unvote: <PLAYERNAMEHERE>[/b][/color]
[color=red][b]Vote: <PLAYERNAMEHERE>[/b][/color]

Re-voting immediately is not required, but you must still follow proper voting format at all times.

Night

During the Night, no one is allowed to post in the game thread. This is the time when the wolves congregate and decide on someone to kill. Once decided, the wolf leader sends me the decision, and that person is killed (removed from the game). Many players also have abilities that can be used only at night, and all of those are sent to me as well. Once 72 hours pass (or all night abilities have been sent), the previous Night's public actions are explained, and the game returns to Day.

The cycle repeats until one faction wins.

created.php

How do you win?
It depends on your team. Each character in Werewolf XV II has one of three different alignments:

The Town
The town (a person who is aligned with the town is also called a townie) represents the uninformed majority whose goal is to eliminate all threats to the town. (In Werewolf XV II, if your role PM says "Allegiance: Starfleet," you are aligned with the town.) The town's main weapon is the lynch. Sometimes there are townies with the ability to kill during Night.

Starfleet/Town Win Condition: You are alive when all threats are removed.

The Werewolves
The werewolves represent the antagonists of our story. Each of them knows the identities of the other wolves and can use that knowledge to influence voting. Their goal is to match or exceed the number of townies. This way, they will control the lynch vote and terrorize the rest of the game. (In Werewolf XV II, if your role PM says "Allegiance: Undine", you are aligned with the werewolves.) The werewolves' main weapon is the kill they can perform each Night. They can also use deceit and sow the seeds of confusion among the town.

Undine/Werewolf Win Condition: You survive until all other factions have been neutralized.

The Independents
In addition to the two main factions, there sometimes exist independent or "indie" characters. They are not on either main team and are aligned with themselves. (In Werewolf XIV II, if your role PM says "Allegiance: Self," you are an indie.) Indies are not always a threat to the town, but the town usually needs to eliminate the threatening ones in order to claim victory. If you are an indie, whether or not you are a threat to the town is at the sole discretion of the game moderator. If you're not sure, ask.

created.php

Rules

Violation of any of these rules will result in a modkill. A modkill is when you are forcibly removed from the game by me.

1. You may not directly quote anything I PM to you in regards to this game.
2. No editing or deleting posts. (Hint: Merging posts, a result from double posting appears as an edit. Don't do it!) First violation will result in a warning; second is a modkill.
3. No talking about the game outside of the game thread.
4. No forum name changes as long as you're alive.
6. You must post once every seven real-life days. An activity PM will suffice if the game Day ends too quickly, but I may consider replacing you if that's all you're doing to stay in the game.
7. Do not "like" posts in this thread. If you're dead, replaced, not in this game, whatever, this can give opinions to the players that they should not be privy too and it will be treated as if you posted in the thread If you're alive, don't do it either because likes can easily be removed, which would be akin to editing or removing a post after you've made, which is not allowed. Anyone who likes this post (Before the game starts) will be awarded the ultimate prize. Getting to like this post.

created.php

Q: What happens when I die?
A: When you die, you are removed from the game and can no longer post in the game thread. Why? Because dead people don't talk. Unless they are ghosts, which aren't in this game. If you are part of the wolf team, you will also lose access to the wolf forum. Because dead werewolves don't talk, either. You will also be unable to use any abilities unless specifically stated on your role PM.

Q: I died and was the seer and I learned Player X was a wolf! Can I tell the others?
A: Absolutely not. In fact, you may not share anything you learned while alive when you are dead, not just results of your role. If you are alive, you can say anything you want that doesn't break rules.

Q: I'm going to be gone for X days. What will happen to me?
A: You will be temporarily replaced, if need be. You may reclaim your character upon your return. As a clarification, replacements are people who sign up after the limit of players have been exceeded.

Q: How long does a game last?
A: Usually a couple months, but of course your participation depends on how long you survive...

If you have any specific questions regarding your role or how the game works, shoot me a PM.

created.php

1. RogueChomp Lynched Day 7! He was Shivi!
  2. The Yoshi Modkilled Day 5! He was Ulginesh!
  3. Keeper of Night Lynched Day 3! Helpful Independent character!
  4. Bo$$_89 Modkilled via Teddy Bomb Day 6!
  5. alex Killed by Sideways Night 3!
  6. HypnoticChairman Lynched Day 6! He was Necrenus!
  7. ChillBill Nightkilled Night 7!
  8. SheNinja Lynched Day 2. Dangerous Independent Character!
  9. Suitcune Modkilled Day 4! Megatron is still unhappy with his arm suddenly disappearing like that!
  10. Luckyfire Killed by Sideways Night 8!
  11. Flygon2071 Lynched Day 4!
  12. TheGuy Lynched Day 11!
  13. Dark Void Lynched day 5! He was Slenden!
  14. Teal He died.
  15. Sir Taco Killed by the Undine Night 2!
  16. cinnaminbuns Lynched Day 8! He was a poor, defenseless Tribble!
  17. Puff-Sun Killed by the Undine Night 10!
  18. RaichuGirl She was Sideways, and is our first winner!
  19. Glace Lynched Day 9! He was Lanton!
  20. Astra He was Gorsha, the traitorous Undine, and our second winner!
  21. Blui129 Killed by Sideways Night 5!
  22. Machamp the Champion Killed by the Undine Night 5!
  23. Porygon-X Killed by the Undine Night 9 with a Star Trek: Generations reference!
  24. sillykyle Due to the Undine, on Night 6 it became official; he's dead, Jim!
  25. Chillarmy Killed by the Undine Night 3!
  26. camoclone Lynched Day 10! He was Grut!

SUBSTITUTES​

Yay! Subs!

RE: Werewolf XV II: The Final Frontier (Signup phase!)

Add me now

That introduction looked like it took a lot of effort. I look foward to playing with you as a host. In.

How are the players in the game supposed to find out the alignment of other players? it seems like "he said that" "she said that" "because you said that you're a wolf" "no i'm not!"

SheNinja said:
How are the players in the game supposed to find out the alignment of other players? it seems like "he said that" "she said that" "because you said that you're a wolf" "no i'm not!"

People usually find the alignments of other players through abilities, which let them learn the alignment or role of another players. Players with that ability are commonly called "seers". Another way to find the bad guys are to lynch people who seem suspicious in the way they are talking. You'll learn fast once the game starts, but the point is that it isn't easy to learn another player's alignment, which is what makes the game fun.

INNNNNNNN. I haven't been on for some days and I was hoping it wouldn't start while I was off.

/me facepalms when she finds out DNA will have missed WWXVII sign ups.

Not going to be good if either Meaty or DNA misses sign ups.

What's bad about that LuffyFire?

I like smaller games, I'm in to play.

I'll be surprised if my game isn't over before this one starts, but okay. I'll join. (inb4 game host clause)

I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back