Werewolf Master Document & New Player Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, these two words are really important, so it's surprised me that they're not in the compendium already:
Phase - Noun. A way of describing a day or a night. e.g Day 1 is a day phase, and Night 1 is a night phase.
Cycle - Noun. 2 phases sharing the same number. e.g Cycle 1 is a way of referring to Day 1 and Night 1.

These definitions feel a bit messy, but it's the best I can do. If anyone can clean them up it'd be much appreciated, though hopefully they're OK. :)

Edit: No need to double post, but I've noticed another definition which is omitted, this time being a word which comes up basically every single game.
Safeclaim - Noun. A fake Role PM given to the anti-town factions by the host to help them disguise themselves if they are forced to claim their roles to the town. These are not obligatory for hosts to provide, and some hosts only provide fake role names.

EBWOP - Short for 'edit by way of posting'. An acronym used in a new post to denote an edit to a previously made post without editing the post in question. Since editing posts in Werewolf is forbidden, this lets players know how to treat the new post.

I think it would be simpler for the person who posts to edit to just say what they're doing in the new post rather than to make up a new acronym that everyone will have to look up, but maybe that's just me. >_>

NOTICE: The Forum Games team has decided that the deadline for Werewolf Applications will be by the end of the 31st of December EST.

Open to co-hosting, pm if interested.

NOTICE: If you wish to submit an application to host the next Werewolf game, there is roughly nine days from this post until applications close.

Deadline in Pacfic Standard Time [PST]: 20:59 of the 31st of December
Deadline in Eastern Standard Time [EST]: 23:59 of the 31st of December
Deadline in Greenwich Mean Time [GMT]: 04:59 of the 1st of January
Deadline in Australian Eastern Standard Time [AEST]: 14:59 of the 1st of January

The suspense is over! The next WW hosts have been determined by the Forum Games team. :D

@Celever and @Squirtle Squad ! :D
For irl reasons, @bbninjas and @Jabberwock will be hosting this game! ^.^

Congratulations to our hosts, and if you submitted an application and it wasn't accepted, keep trying! ^.^

Last edited:
Since I alluded to it in Vom and Keeper's game, I've got a setup I'll be applying with for the next application.

If anyone is interesting in co-hosting a Splatoon themed setup with me, please hit me up and we'll talk about it.

PMJ & Professor Palutena return to host Werewolf 33 y/y

Hey folks, just letting you know that due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot partake in the the Mafia Championship Season 3 anymore. Sorry about getting anyone's hopes up. n~n

Am I allowed to use this as the werewolf discussion thread since the old one is dead and buried? I want to talk about no lynch.

No lynch is terrible in 99% of situations. If you want to no lynch ask yourself it is day one. If it's day one don't no lynch. The chances of it being useful are higher in open or semi-open setups but those aren't really played here.

(Yeah, @PMJ, you can discuss WW stuff here.)

I personally think there should always be a lynch early. To be honest, I think most games only progress when a scum is lynched (or there is a seer); until then, things are generally a bit dead. Lynches maximise lynching scum.

The next WW hosts have been chosen by the Forum Games team! We look forward to seeing your game! :D

We are only approving a single game right now because the 2 games vying for the final spot both want to make use of a relatively new mechanic (albeit in a different manner) that has only just been introduced to PB with the current game: off-board posting for the majority of conversation. Because this is a mechanic that makes a very large difference to activity levels and interaction, we would like to get feedback from the community regarding how this mechanic is received before approving any new WW games that will use it again.

As such, the decision for the next game will be delayed until after the current game has ended so we can weigh feedback on the mechanic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back