Finished Werewolf XXXIV - The Great Turf War! - Game Over! - Octavios Take the Prize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
If you post in the thread before game start you won't be allowed to play. This is your only warning. Read the OP.

It was 100 years ago, but I tell ya, I remember it like it was yesterday. The Splatoons came from every which angle and war was let loose. The Great Turf War, as it began to be called, fundamentally altered the Inkling way of life for the duration of the war, and veterans like myself are still recovering. The Octarians were invading and Inkopolis needed its best troops. The squads were pitted against each other with the winners having the honor of fighting for Inkopolis on the grand stage in Octo Valley. The stakes never were, and have never been, this high.

Those brave souls risked their lives for a chance to fight for Inkopolis and as their supervisor, I have not forgotten their stories. Though they may not be with us any more, and the Great Zapfish took them far too soon, their memories live on.

The great and honorable squids of PB stood up to defend their turf. No one could know their identities in the war, as it would make them targets for their attackers. They adopted code names, known only to their squads, to protect their identities. These are their stories...

---

Welcome to Werewolf 33, The Great Turf War! I’m Professor Palutena, the host of this game, and I’m joined by my co-host, Celever. We’ve created this awesome, never before seen, setup that we hope you will enjoy as we flip traditional PokeBeach Werewolf on its head.

First off, if you’re new to Werewolf, I highly suggest checking out the Werewolf Master Document sticky in Forum Games. It’ll explain a lot of the game, and we tend to operate on the assumption that you’ve read it.

---

While we are changing a lot, these are the ironclad rules that you’ll need to follow. These are very traditional roles.
  1. Editing and deleting posts are not okay
  2. Posting at night is not okay
  3. Screenshots of anything are not okay; quotes are fine
  4. Talking with dead players isn’t good
  5. Play to win, but not at the expense of others’ happiness (read as: don’t be a jerk)
  6. What the game hosts say is law
  7. Day phases are 4 irl days long. Dusk phase (more on this later) is 1 irl day and night is 2 irl days.

Everything from here on out is new so consider it required reading.

Factions
This is a multi-ball setup, meaning that the traditional format of village vs mafia does not apply. You will be assigned to one of four squads for your role. Every squad has the same win condition: to eliminate 2 of the other squads. Which squad they can spare is dictated in their Role PM. You may win when you are dead if your squad wins. There are no independents. Alignment changes are not possible. Each squad will be given a separate forum to discuss in (more on that later).

New Mechanics

1 - Outside Communication
Players will be able to communicate outside of the game thread(s) about the game. However, screenshots aren’t allowed and are a modkillable offense. You are encouraged to keep your messages with each other to use later; you never know when they might come in handy.

All messages to the hosts are required to be done through PokéBeach PMs, including role use. If it is submitted through any other means, it doesn’t count.

2 - Alias Accounts
This game will take place on a separate forum, though only PokéBeach members can sign up for this game. This thread will be locked at the end of signup phase. To sign up for this game, PM both Celever and myself. We will give you the log in details for your separate account on the Werewolf forums. You may not change these log in details for any reason! Everyone will play the game unaware of who they’re actually playing with. Player’s identities will not be revealed until the postgame.

However, outside communication must be done between the alias accounts, meaning you will need to create QuickTopics or use the separate forums’ PM system.

3 - Splatfests!
Each cycle of the game constitutes a Splatfest. During the night, the Splatfest theme will be chosen, and you will need to pick a side of the Splatfest to join. You will sign up for the Splatfest side of your choice by PMing the hosts on PB during the night. If you don’t pick a side, you’ll be placed randomly.

In the day, players will be given separate threads for each Splatfest side. It is highly likely that each side will be uneven, which is the point. Each side of the Splatfest will need to submit a player to be splatted. By the end of the day, whoever has the most votes will be submitted to be splatted. Both sides of the Splatfest will then combine for another splat at dusk, this time to decide who actually gets splat.

This process repeats indefinitely. At the end of the day, the old Splatfest threads will be locked and a new Splatfest topic will be chosen. You’ll sign up for a side again, but you’ll probably be working with a different group of people. Old Splatfest threads will remain visible after being locked, but only if you were a member of that side.

4 - Weapons
There are no factional kills in this game! Instead, everyone can visit the weapon shop each night to grab a weapon kit. However, if multiple people pick the same weapon, no one gets the weapon. A list of the weapon kits will be posted below and constantly updated to reflect current availability. If you have a weapon, no one else can take it, and the shop list won’t state that you have it. When you die, your weapon returns to the store. At any point in the game, you may choose not to use your weapon kit and instead grab a different one. However, if you change your weapon kit and select the same kit as someone else, you’ll both be left defenseless! The list of available weapons will be in the post below!

Each kit comes with a main weapon (which has its own effect, damage value and ink cost), a sub weapon (which also has its own effect, damage value and ink cost) and a special weapon (yes, they have effects, damage values and ink costs too). Think of it like being able to choose your own role. Each kit is totally unique!

You may choose to use as much of your weapon as you want each night. However, you may not use more than 100 points of ink in a night phase. If you’ve run out of ink to use, you can choose to not use any part of your weapon kit for a night. This will refill your ink tank completely.

Weapons deal damage. There’s no way to recover damage taken. All players have 100 health. When they run out of health, they get splatted and are out of the game!

Because the heart of the game is in the weapons, players themselves have no actual abilities outside of their weapons. Everyone’s role PM is also the same, aside from the squad alignment you have. For this same reason, the game will have a N0 start.

Signups

We have spots for 16 squids. This part of the post will constantly be updated to reflect the currently available spots.

Send me a PM to signup; don’t post in this thread for any reason (if people know you’re playing, it wrecks the game!). I will send your login details for the game forum afterwards, as well as a link to the game’s forum.

Mods will only communicate with you through PMs on PB; any other means of communication doesn't count.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Available Weapons Found Here!

You will not know the sub-weapon, special weapon, ink costs or damage values until after you purchase the weapon!
  • Splattershot
  • Melon Splattershot
  • Splat Roller
  • Splat Roller Deco
  • Splat Charger
  • Zink Splat Charger
  • Slosher
  • Berry Slosher
  • Heavy Splatling
  • Lime Heavy Splatling
  • Inkbrush
  • Fresh Inkbrush
  • Blaster
  • Classic Blaster
  • Tri-Slosher
  • Tri-Slosher Deco
  • Sloshing Machine
  • Sloshing Machine Retro
  • E Litre 3K Scope
  • E Litre 3K Scope Neo
  • L-3 Nozzlenose
  • L-3 Nozzlenose Nitro
  • Dynamo Roller
  • Tomato Dynamo Roller
  • Octobrush
  • Spicy Octobrush
  • Splattershot Jr.
  • Dolphin Splattershot Jr.

Last edited:

Celever

Wheeeee~
In case you missed it in the OP: Don't sign up by posting in the thread. Send a PM.

Someone has already failed :U

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Also other important note,

Send your PM to both Celever and I for communication purposes; it's easier for both of us to keep track of stuff when we both have stuff.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
If you have any questions, PM them to us. I'll be happy to answer them in thread.

Q: Is there a rule against telling/sharing your PB account name?
A: YES! It's in there somewhere (I put it in today!), but it's there.

Q: Is voting in this game?
A: Yes!

Q: Are you making the alias accounts?
A: Yes

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Q: When will I get my log-in info?
A: I will send a different PM with your role PM, allegiance, forum link and log-in info in a separate PM once signups are full. I highly suggest changing the password to something you'll remember and non-generic. However, please share your updated password with Celever and I in case we need to access your account (so it'd be a bad idea to use your PB password or your password for another site you use, just for privacy reasons).

Q: What's the point of this thread after signups?
A: Game updates will be posted in this thread, not on the separate forum!

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Q: Is there a scum team?
A: No.

Q: Can we pick a profile picture/signature for our alias?
A: We will have a preset profile picture setup for you that you can't change. No one will have a signature.

Q: For the initial weapon list, are their duplicates of each item?
A: No. Each item exists only once. While we're at it, no weapons will be added or removed from the list (barring someone having the item already, but it will just be crossed out; not erased from the list)

Q: What forum is the game taking place on?
A: It's a generic ProBoards forum, similar to what bbninjas and Jabberwock did with their game.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Just a friendly reminder since quite a few people are confused about the aliases and the anonymity aspect of the game.

No one is supposed to know that you're in the game! If you tell someone "hey, I'm in this sweet game and you should join it!", it wrecks the game because the anonymity is compromised. I appreciate your dedication to starting the game, but please don't wreck the game before it gets going!

There have been a few instances of this already and I'm starting to get concerned about the integrity of the game.

Similarly, for this reason, I can't save spots for anyone because that would confirm that they're in the game.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
1 spot left!

However, depending on how interest looks after the final spot is taken, the setup can be adapted to 20 players so I can include another 4 spots. I'll just need some time to adapt the setup for a 5th squad.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
The final spot has been taken! I think 7 hours to fill a game might be a record here.

However, as stated previously, if there is enough interest for four extra players, I can accommodate them.

I'm aiming for a start date of Tuesday/Wednesday, though right now it's hinging on one player's IRL commitments this week. This is also dependent on if the extra players join. If I don't get four by Tuesday, we'll leave it at 16.

So hold onto your tentacles just a little while longer!

Professor Palutena

The Queen
I'm going to send out role info and login information now so that you guys can get familiar with the Proboards we're using.

I'm projecting starting tomorrow at the earliest, depending on when quaking's postgame for "Order in the Court" gets posted (or if he's okay with me starting before it gets posted).

This'll also give you guys some time to interact with each other and get used to the aliases.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Couple of times this question has showed up now so it's best to answer it here.

Q: Can I tell my faction members my PB username?
A: NO! No one is supposed to know your PB username!

Professor Palutena

The Queen
You should have received your role PM and login information (consisting of your email address, your password, your username and the forum url, being www.splatoonmafia.proboards.com). If you didn't get any of that, send me a PM and we'll fix it.

There is a thread on the ProBoards for you to confirm your role. Please do so. Then look at the rest of the threads in the General Discussion forum.

I highly suggest hitting the "Watch Thread" button near the top so that you don't miss any game updates here.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Some of you are having issues logging in, so I'll clarify it.

When you log in on ProBoards, it'll want your email address and the password. Entering your username instead of your email will result in an error. This is why you have the email address in your login info.

You don't need to make an account; it's already been made for you.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Cool. We are cleared to start tomorrow!

We'll be starting at 9am PST / 10am MST / 11am CST / 12pm EST!

I don't know my time zones at all, but I'm nice enough to give you guys this...

Countdown to Game Start

I'll be using these for every phase so that you know how much time is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.