Welcome to the Brand New PokéBeach! Come On In!

Ysmir

Retired Mod
Congratz, kiddo. Might take awhile to get use to it but it looks nice. Also good job to all my old staff buddies I'm sure y'all were working hard as well. Except Drohn he never worked hard.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
giphy.gif

Congratulations. It's finally here.

How have I gone almost 5 years without knowing our dear leader was a fan of NGE?

Azure_Prominance

Guardian of the blue flames
I am really enjoying this massive upgrade to your website WPM. Congrats and a job well done to you and all the staff! Keep up the fantastic work! :D

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Congrats to you and everyone who worked hard to make this [finally] a reality. It looks really nice.

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
Phew... this new layout feels so much puffier and daunting than the old one, but it looks like I'm starting to get the hang of it. It certainly looks a little deeper artistically!

Kenneth Ecker

Aspiring Trainer
News Staff
By far, my favorite aspect of the new Pokebeach is the new card search system. Its so clean and professional, and saves a lot of time. In the past, I would need to use Bulbapedia, but it wasn't nearly as efficient as this. 10/10.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
Woo, I think some of the changes I made to the calendar a couple years back are still there. :D

Congrats! Especially on finally working out all the Activities Program and badges stuff. Those were some long meetings, haha.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Phew... this new layout feels so much puffier and daunting than the old one, but it looks like I'm starting to get the hang of it. It certainly looks a little deeper artistically!
Eh you'll get used to it. Literally every single time I've changed the layout people have had trouble with it for a little while. It's just because it's new and different. I've been staring at this new layout for 3 years as I designed it and it feels incredibly natural to me now. The staff have also said the same thing and some of them have only used it for a week or so.

Woo, I think some of the changes I made to the calendar a couple years back are still there. :D

Congrats! Especially on finally working out all the Activities Program and badges stuff. Those were some long meetings, haha.
I think we've redone the calendar about 10 times since then. XD

Last edited:

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Also I forgot to mention in the post that I'll work on a mobile layout in the coming months when I get a chance to get on my feet. Right now it's only designed for desktops and probably looks really messed up on mobile devices.

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
I'm so happy that Pokebeach come back !!! I don't know what happen to Pokebeach in the past few days .
I've been follow Pokebeach since 2006 (Diamond&Pearl era). I'm a little scared that site will gone forever .
But now everything gonna be okay .

BibiTotoLover

Eeveelutions, Lapras + Fairy Collector
I haven't been here in a very, very long while! And a couple of days ago, I realised I really missed it, so I wanted to come back here, but then your website was offline. So yeah, I'm really glad you guys are online again! :D
And it looks amazing!

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I knew it'd be back. I must say I am very satisfied with the new way things are integrated. Well done WPM and everyone else involved.

Friezy

Super Saiyan 3
Also I forgot to mention in the post that I'll work on a mobile layout in the coming months when I get a chance to get on my feet. Right now it's only designed for desktops and probably looks really messed up on mobile devices.

Just saw the video you made, I'm sorry it was such Hell, but I can easily say, this is probably one of the best Pokemon sites out there right now. The new design is seriously fantastic. Glad I joined at such a great time!

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
I'm glad we have Pokebeach back! It'd still take a while to get used to all the new aspects of this site! I have to say though, I really enjoy the new design and all the tremendous effort that was put into modifying Pokebeach. The work has certainly paid off. Thank you!

burningcharizard

Fire Pokémon Master
Wow, what an improvement. I don't visit too often and it was always so annoying having to scroll back pages to find what I missed.

The navigation with its separate tabs (all, tcg, games, anime & other) is fantastic. As I'm not interested in the TCG but only games and movies.

It's great that this navigation is also on the bottom of articles/pages but maybe there could be a miniature version at the top too?

On long articles like this I might just read the top paragraph and think it's not for me and want to go to a different article but I would have to click on the home banner to do so.

There's quite a big space to the right side of the page, though currently there is a big advert. Perhaps it could be there or maybe something could even be integrated into the top banner.

Or perhaps it could be put into the navigation bar, there's lots of space between 'chat room' and 'username'

Just a suggestion anyhow, I look forward to what's to come.

Also there seems to be news of a new Poke'mon game in May 21st but I don't think it's been mentioned here, I'm pretty sure it's true and I'm pretty hyped, it says a 'big' annoucement!

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/nint...pokemon-game-to-be-announced-in-may-32014855/

Rauthian

Prof. Chris of Trainer TV!
This blew me away. I never expected such a high-quality site to be done in less than a week! It looks fantastic. :) Well done!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
This blew me away. I never expected such a high-quality site to be done in less than a week! It looks fantastic. :) Well done!
The website has been in process for three years! It was just put onto a server in a week.