Pokemon Weird Pokémon Theories!

Arcticwhite

You win or you die.
I've been burning to do this since I registered on PokéBeach...

These are some of the weird Pokémon truths and facts!

1. Nobody cares about humans
It's weird how there are Pokémon Centres and what-not, but what
about hospitals? What about educational schools? And isn't it weird how there doesn't seem to be any human-based history etc.? All Pokémon museums have fossils of Pokémon. That's it. Also, no one seems to have any cars, and everything on TV is about Pokémon. What if there was a war going on, or a tsunami? Nope. Just the red Gyrados at the lake again.

2. Professor Oak has amesia
Isn't it worrying how Professor Oak can't seem to remember his own grandson's name? Or if your a boy or girl? I think Professor Oak needs help immediately- Oh wait, there aren't any human hospitals in the world of Pokémon! But seriously, he needs to retire or else he won't even know what his own name is.

Please suggest any other weird Pokémon truths, or comment on the ones above!

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Weird Pokémon Truths!

1. I like the idea that the reason we don't see hospitals, non-Pokemon TV, or the player going to the bathroom is because you're seeing the game through the eyes of the child you're playing as. Things like hospitals and bathroom breaks don't really apply to a kid going on the biggest adventure of their life. This could also explain that evil teams always seem so stupid because we're seeing it through a biased viewpoint. Also this could be why the Pokedex talks about bullshit such as Gardevoir creating black holes to protect its trainer or Grimer being created through moon X-rays. Besides, regular schools and whatnot wouldn't make for very fun game-play.

2. That's just the intro to the game. He doesn't actually do that; Pokemon games just use the professors in the intro.

Arcticwhite

You win or you die.

Cinesra said:
1. I like the idea that the reason we don't see hospitals, non-Pokemon TV, or the player going to the bathroom is because you're seeing the game through the eyes of the child you're playing as. Things like hospitals and bathroom breaks don't really apply to a kid going on the biggest adventure of their life. This could also explain that evil teams always seem so stupid because we're seeing it through a biased viewpoint. Also this could be why the Pokedex talks about @#!*% such as Gardevoir creating black holes to protect its trainer or Grimer being created through moon X-rays. Besides, regular schools and whatnot wouldn't make for very fun game-play.

2. That's just the intro to the game. He doesn't actually do that; Pokemon games just use the professors in the intro.

And what's also weird is the cloning of Nurse Joy. I mean, even in the Pokémon world, how is that possible? Did someone make Nurse Joy? Or is she a robot ;)

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.

The anime explains that. They're all related by blood.

Every single one.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

In the anime, we see a hospital for humans (Episode 47), but there isn't really a point in including a hospital in the game. This is Pokemon and the games revolve around Pokemon, not humans. However, Cinesra's post pretty much explains the reason.

Bogleech

Aspiring Trainer

Nurse Joys and Officer Jennies are species of pokemon that blend perfectly with the human race, obviously, using a mild psychic ability to prevent other humans from ever questioning how all these identical woman make any sense and carefully evading identification or capture as pokemon.

Equinox

Stallwart Player

Miltank's base speed stat is higher than Rayquaza's...oh wait, that's VGC, would that count? :p

Equinox

Stallwart Player

Ohhh good! I find it funny how in BW2, it takes place 3 or so (not sure, I think that's the time period) years after BW, and in Floccesy Town, there's an ancient clock tower

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer

Equinox said:
Ohhh good! I find it funny how in BW2, it takes place 3 or so (not sure, I think that's the time period) years after BW, and in Floccesy Town, there's an ancient clock tower

It's 2 years. These "new" cities were there in BW, you just couldn't go to them. Or at least that's the only explanation I can think of for the old man who said he lived in Lentimas all his life.

Arcticwhite said:
And what's also weird is the cloning of Nurse Joy. I mean, even in the Pokémon world, how is that possible? Did someone make Nurse Joy? Or is she a robot ;)
Same reason every Hiker looks alike; they don't matter enough to the protagonist to distinguish them apart.

Arcticwhite

You win or you die.

Also:

3. Animal cruelty????
Trainers practically tear an innocent Pokémon out of it's life and into a world of being viciously attacked for a piece of metal. Pokémon must go through alot of pain whilst battling as they get pushed, shoved, scratched, bit, set on fire, drowned etc.
All for what? Pride? Well, I'm sure Ash feels proud seeing his Pikachu being thrashed about until it eventually faints from pain and exhaustion, then going back to fight again because you really need to be the region champion. The reward for that is respect and pride, but what about your poor Pokémon? Imagine being a Pokémon. Your trainer is stubborn to beat the champion. You are a simple Emolga, against a Garchomp that throws you across the room until you run out of energy. You could possibly have a head concussion, but that doesn't matter to your trainer. What matters is being a champion, not having brain damage.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.

Arcticwhite said:
Also:

3. Animal cruelty????
Trainers practically tear an innocent Pokémon out of it's life and into a world of being viciously attacked for a piece of metal. Pokémon must go through alot of pain whilst battling as they get pushed, shoved, scratched, bit, set on fire, drowned etc.
Go away, PETA

Arcticwhite

You win or you die.

PETA?? I have no idea, I'm just making a random point. It's not serious,
I just find it quite funny!

Bazinga001

None

Cinesra said:
Equinox said:

It's 2 years. These "new" cities were there in BW, you just couldn't go to them. Or at least that's the only explanation I can think of for the old man who said he lived in Lentimas all his life.

Yeah they are just cities that you coudn't get to in the previous games. This is further supported by the fact that Humilau city was a place for only the rich/powerful up until recently.

Rogue ninetales

Aspiring Trainer
I think that ninetales and mightyena are two sides of the same coin in essence. Because, 1, they have similar body structures, 2, mightyena is darker, ninetales is lighter so there is a dark and light side.

[private]This is stupid, but the thread title is specifically _Weird_ Pokemon Theories. ~ES[/private]

Reggie McGigas

-
Ditto is a failed clone of mew is my favorite theory

Both 8.8 lbs
Both have same color palette even when shiny
Both are the only Pokemon that learn transform
Ditto is found in Celuren Cave and in Pokemon Mansion, where Mewtwo lives and was cloned.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
One of my favourites is that in R/B, your rival's Raticate dies.
It's actually got several things that hint to it:
-Raticate is used in the S.S.Anne battle
-Raticate isn't used in the Lavender Town battle (and any battles onward)
-Your rival directly says 'Have you ever had one of your Pokemon die' or something along those lines, which implies that he's had that experience.

and then there's the Kabutops-Genesect thing which I'm not gonna go into, but its still a nice theory anyway

Ice

Returnee
1265678305738.png