Collecting Weird Evolutions Pulls

TheDreamMaster

Aspiring Trainer
Once again, I'm pretty new getting back into Pokémon TCG these days, but I bought two Evolutions packs, and got something I thought was interesting. The first is this reverse Zapdos. The top of the card is perforated, I'm not sure why. The second is a Holo Raichu, and it looks like the holo pattern goes across the whole card, which I didn't think it did in this set.

Zapdos_zpso6fz4h9o.jpg

Raichu_zpsvlxbfnb7.jpg

The error seen on the Zapdos card happens when the card isn't entirely inside the pack when it's sealed shut on top. It unfortunately greatly decreases the value, sadly.

The holo pattern error is indeed rare; I've only seen it personally a couple times. My best guess is that the machine accidentally goes all "reverse holo" when it's supposed to be just normal holo. The value of this card is likely increased a bit, especially to the right buyer. This was a good pull. :D

(And further evidence of TPCi's laziness when it comes to quality control. :( )

Well, that sucks on the Zapdos. Was not sure if it was a cutting error, but realized they don't cut on perforated surfaces. Oh well, I wasn't planning on selling it. As for the Raichu, that's pretty cool then. The Raichu and Zapdos actually were in the same pack, my second pack was just a Raticate for the rare.

Back