• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Weird Deck: Archie's Aerodactyl

Nyan

She/They
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 4 Aerodactyl FAC 76
* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
* 1 Alolan Grimer SUM 57
* 1 Alolan Muk SUM 58
* 3 Omastar FAC 18

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 1 N DEX 96
* 3 Archie's Ace in the Hole PRC 124
* 2 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 2 Super Rod DRV 20
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 AZ PHF 91
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Crushing Hammer KSS 34
* 2 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Aspertia City Gym BCR 127
* 1 Life Dew PLF 107

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So, first off, play Computer Search over Life Dew. I don't have one, so I just kinda threw in Life Dew. The premise of the deck is that you get consistent 120 damage with Aerodactyl every turn, while setting up more using Omastar, drawing DCE consistently with filter cards (i.e trainers' mail, acro bike, compressor, c-hammer,etc.) The deck has a low supporter count so Archie's can be used consistently, and one of the major issues i have found with it is having too many seekers in your hand at one, stopping you from actually using Archie's. The addition of Muk was one i'm very proud of, and has done nothing but help me. So far, I like it.

Last edited:

MajoraMayhem

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Would you consider dropping the Muk for Silent Lab as your stadium? Just thinking that I'd personally prefer resolving Talonflame as much as possible.

Nyan

She/They
That's not a bad idea! But the thing about Muk was that as soon as I had Grimer in play, Muk was no longer a dead card, and it last much longer than a stadium. Whilst if I were to play 2-3 Labs, they would be dead cards more than often, and could be easily bumped out of play. I'll test a variant with Labs, and see which one I perfer

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
From my experience, 2 Archie's is enough. The odds of prizing them is so slim, and with such a full deck like yours, you will dead draw more then you prize both. I would also cut the 3rd Omaster for their BREAK. You could also cut the Muk to get a thinner pokemon lineup, and give you room for a Taurus GX.

Also, your stadiums should be twist mountain, no clue why you don't run it.

Final changes
-1 Archie
- 1 Grimer
-1 Muk
-1 Omastar
-2 Asperita City Grm
-1 Crushing Hammer
- 1 AZ
-1 Life Dew
-9 total cards

+1 Omastar BREAK
+1 Taurus GX
+ Computer Search (Dowsing Machine if you can't afford Computer Search)
+1 N
+1 Sycamore
+2 Twist Mountain
+2 free spots

You could try a 1-1 Archeops line, but that will be clunky.

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
I tried this and found it very difficult to Archie Omastar effectively. Talonflame and Aerodactyl are dead cards in your hand that can foul your chances. So is special charge and super rod on turn 1.
I would say you have almost 12+ cards that are specifically dedicated to increasing your chances of getting Archie's off, why not skip that route and run 4 fossils and 2 or 3 fossil excavation kit?
I ran an Aerodactyl deck recently that was fairly consistent. It's losses were because it lacked KO power and faced decks with only basic energy. I ran 3 Talonflame and 3 Wobbuffet giving me equal chances of starting either and giving me an easy out to block Vileplume so I could play items. I also ran 4 basic energy so I could use Aero Blitz and retreat Shaymin if necessary. Same thing too, 2 super rod and 2 special charge to make sure Aerodactyl and DCE came together super consistent mid to late game once my deck was a little thinner.
Tauros GX was also an excellent start or good for matchups with decidueye or the eevee GX's and even Yveltal, who struggled somewhat to one shot it early on.
Twist Mountain is also a great move, giving you a chance to both deal with a drawn to hand Aerodactyl and giving you one more chance to get it out under item lock.
In many ways the fossil route behind bide barricade is perhaps more reliable since you cannot count on winning the coin flip and most item lock happens turn 1 now. At least in these cases you don't have to be afraid to stock a real draw engine in case 4 sycamore and 3 N ruin the Ace in the Hole chances.
Just a thought. It was super fun and no one else came with anything remotely as unique and I went 4-4-2 over the weekend. Not amazing but it was entertaining.