• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Weezing Spread Help!

ccearleyart

Aspiring Trainer
hello everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a weezing spread deck I am currently playing.

Overall it works pretty well, but quite a few times in my testing i brick for several turns or have no access to energy.

one of the cards that has stuck out to me as not really working is reset stamp. either im in a position if i use it i would be giving them more cards than they have or they have the same amount of cards in there hand that i could reset them with.

I used to have 1 Marshadow SLG 45 for disruption in there but i thought I could replace them with the reset stamps and save on bench space. in hindsight the 1 Marshadow SLG 45 also doubled as draw support

heres my decklist

Pokemon- 16

4 Weezing UNB 74
4 Koffing UNB 73
1 Frost Rotom UPR 41
1 Larvitar LOT 115
1 Mimikyu GRI 58
1 Oranguru SUM 113
1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
1 Tapu Lele PR-SM SM45
1 Mew (Unbroken Bonds 76)
1 Mr.Mime Mr. Mime (Team Up 66)

Trainer Cards - 35

4 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Lillie SUM 122
1 Guzma BUS 115
2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
4 Spell Tag LOT 190
2 Counter Catcher CIN 91
2 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
2 Pokemon Communication Team Up 152
1 Adventure Bag LOT 167
1 Choice Band GRI 121
1 Escape rope
2 Reset stamp

Energy - 9

4 Counter Energy CIN 100
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
1 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190

Total Cards - 60

Thanks for your help!

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Koffing UNB 73
* 4 Weezing UNB 74
* 1 Mew UNB 76
* 1 Marshadow SLG 45
* 1 Mr. Mime TEU 66
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Honedge BKP 60
* 2 Doublade BKP 61
* 2 Aegislash BKP 62

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Dusk Stone UNB 167
* 1 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 3 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 1 Adventure Bag LOT 167
* 4 Spell Tag LOT 190

##Energy - 7

* 3 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by DeckBox ******

Here is my revamping of the deck. This is just personally what I would do with it. I do have one question why did you run the triple acceleration energy? It only works on evolution Pokemon

All right. From what it looks like, this appears to be a Standard pre-rotation Weezing build. I will say that decks that do/did good in Standard and go Expanded do not translate well 90% of the time. Pikachu & Zekrom-GX being one of those notable exceptions, but it evenm had to adapt to the Expanded format considerably to be where it is. So with that, I don't know what exactly to do with your deck, but here are some pointers:

- Look up decklists in Expanded. The good Items and Supporters are very different from Standard, and Expanded tends to be more Item heavy. Look at lists and note how a good draw engine is built and what they use.

- VS Seeker is a HUGE staple and Expanded mainstay

- Ace Specs. Your deck needs one. Every deck needs one. Your go-tos are going to be Computer Search and Dowsing Machine unless your deck functions in a way that the more specialized Ace Specs would help out more. But 90% of the time, it's Computer Search and Dowsing Machine.

HEre's my question: Whats the highest level of play you want to take this to? Challenges? Cups? Regionals?

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Koffing UNB 73
* 4 Weezing UNB 74
* 1 Mew UNB 76
* 1 Marshadow SLG 45
* 1 Mr. Mime TEU 66
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Honedge BKP 60
* 2 Doublade BKP 61
* 2 Aegislash BKP 62

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Dusk Stone UNB 167
* 1 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Spell Tag LOT 190

##Energy - 7

Total Cards - 60

Here is my revamping of the deck. This is just personally what I would do with it. I do have one question why did you run the triple acceleration energy? It only works on evolution Pokemon

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Koffing UNB 73
* 4 Weezing UNB 74
* 1 Mew UNB 76
* 1 Marshadow SLG 45
* 1 Mr. Mime TEU 66
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Honedge BKP 60
* 2 Doublade BKP 61
* 2 Aegislash BKP 62

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Dusk Stone UNB 167
* 1 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Spell Tag LOT 190

##Energy - 7

Total Cards - 60

Hello Deity of War,

The Aegislash is certainly a good recommendation!

Right now, im using the triple boost as kind of a 5th double colorless. It's been really helpful as the deck in general is pretty hard to get the right energy at the right time. If im in the lead in a game, counter energy wont help me which means i only have 4 double colorless in my deck to use and they can be difficult to find.

In general, I really need to find a way to draw cards more consistently or at least be able to find the cards i need quicker- mainly special energy.

All right. From what it looks like, this appears to be a Standard pre-rotation Weezing build. I will say that decks that do/did good in Standard and go Expanded do not translate well 90% of the time. Pikachu & Zekrom-GX being one of those notable exceptions, but it evenm had to adapt to the Expanded format considerably to be where it is. So with that, I don't know what exactly to do with your deck, but here are some pointers:

- Look up decklists in Expanded. The good Items and Supporters are very different from Standard, and Expanded tends to be more Item heavy. Look at lists and note how a good draw engine is built and what they use.

- VS Seeker is a HUGE staple and Expanded mainstay

- Ace Specs. Your deck needs one. Every deck needs one. Your go-tos are going to be Computer Search and Dowsing Machine unless your deck functions in a way that the more specialized Ace Specs would help out more. But 90% of the time, it's Computer Search and Dowsing Machine.

HEre's my question: Whats the highest level of play you want to take this to? Challenges? Cups? Regionals?

Hi Merovingian,

Thanks for the response!

This is really useful info and you right, this deck is basically a post rotated weezing with the addition of some reset stamps :D

In regards to the highest level of play. I only play with a group of friends. I really like using weezing, but without its special energy i dont think i can take it to challenges, cups, or regionals. I actually dont know much about how the leagues work

-can you play expanded at these events? im thinking about attending the worlds next year as a spectator. would be fun to join, but i cant compete in standard. I like my weezing too much and hes no good without dce :(

Right now, the biggest threats im facing is; giratina garchomp/ mallamar, buzzwole phermosa tag team with shinning venusaur, and a tag team muk/ shuckle poison type deck.

-The Giratina/ Garchomp has been really overwhelming because of the high hp and super fast energy acceleration. The dudes even got access to double dragon energy which is so broken...but we play with very limited rules.

-Alolan Muk/ muk TT/ shuckle was a nightmare because I got walled out by schuckles ability (you need at least 3 energy to attack it) and the muks poison made my spell tags worthless.

-I bricked a lot against phermosa buzzwole tt so thats why I would like to figure out how to get more consistent draws

Ive been searching for pokemon like larvitar and frost rotom that were used as techs against big pokemon like pikachu/zekrom and reshizard. The reason they work so well is because they can use counter and double colorless quickly and take advantage of weakness.

I looked online for a basic fairy type pokemon that could do something similar to replace frost rotom and help me take down giratina, but cant find one.

-Do you know of any tech cards i could run to help take down these pokemon?

I have acess to vs seekers, sycamores, and n's.

-Would you replace any of my current trainers for these and if so which ones and how many?

Thanks again for your help!

Okay I guess that makes sense. Since you're running it's an expanded you can always do special charge that way you can keep the energy using your deck over discard pile. I put the Aegislash in there because you're not getting big knockouts you need when battling decks like Pikachu Zekrom and Reshiram Charizard. So I figured as help to get those extra knockouts when battling those decks. Getting special energies out there's nothing I know off the top of my head I've ran a lot of decks in the past that run 4 double colorless and that's it. You could do something like got Slugma I don't know what set it is from but it's the one you can search deck for a card and put it on top. And it may be something like Hau the allows you to draw three cards. Teammates is also a valid option. But you have to let your opponent get a knock out for that one. There's also Sylveon GX the allows you to search your deck for three cards. Or whimsicott with toy box GX the searches for five cards. There's also Reds challenge that's basically computer search as a supporter card. And there's also computer search but that's a little bit pricey

Back