Weekly TCG Discussion #1

Nigel

Extra Spicy
Hello there, Pokébeach. This is part one of a series of Portal Posts that I'd like to call the "Weekly TCG Discussion" series. The point of this series of portal posts is to get newer players informed of Pokémon TCG related news as well as promote Competitive observations of certain Japan-exclusive cards. Also in these Monday evening posts, you will get informed of any news that affects the TCG section of the forums. Without further ado, let us begin.

Grains of Sand:

The Grains of Sand are Back! Grains of Sand are going to be distributed in a slightly different way in order to encourage different types of contributions throughout the forums. Helpful posts, Metagame Deck Center Articles, and Forum Portal Articles will all be awarded Grains of Sand. Any articles you write must be successfully published and approved by the TCG staff for the Grains of Sand to be awarded. In addition, there will now be no limit to how many Grains of Sand are handed out per week.

Regular Valuable Post: 1 Grain of Sand
Metagame Deck Center Article (Published Successfully): 5 Grains of Sand
Forum Portal Article (Published Successfully): 7 Grains of Sand

We're also going to be doing something new with Grains of Sand. Each Person who received any Grains of Sand the following week will be mentioned in each Weekly TCG Discussion Portal post. With this, there will be physical rewards for the Top 3 leaders in the Grains of Sand Program each year. To see the Grains of Sand thread, please click here. Remember guys, the more Grains of Sand you have, the more likely you are to get promoted to a Contributor.

Metagame Deck Center:

With the Heartgold Soulsilver - On format coming to an end, discussion in the Metagame Deck Center has died down. It is time for the articles to be updated. We are currently looking for Black and White - On article submissions for the Metagame Deck Center. A list of decks we want articles for can be found below.

- Eelektrik Variants
- Garchomp Altaria
- Terrakion EX Variants
- Hydreigon Variants
- Darkrai Variants
- Accelgor Variants​

Please PM [smod]Vulpix Yolk[/smod] if you are interested in writing an article for the Metagame Deck Center, that way it can be reserved for you. If you want to write an article about a deck that isn’t listed above, please [smod]Vulpix Yolk[/smod] what deck you would like to write your article about. Articles about decks that aren’t considered part of the current Black and White - On metagame will not be published here.

More PokéBeach news/reminders!
  • Remember that the Website Feedback forum still exists! It's times like these where we are in need of member feedback! Every single post of feedback will be considered.
  • [member]Celebi23[/member] made a very good thread about Staples in the BW-on format. Check it out here!
  • We are in need of TCG articles. If you are interested, please PM [smod]Nigel[/smod] with a topic you are interested in writing about and I will let you know if it is taken.

TCG News in a Nutshell:
  • The Pokémon World Championships 2012 are this coming weekend! Make sure to finalize your deck lists against all deck archetypes you think you will see, and do good for PokéBeach at Worlds! In the meantime, check out the awesome Worlds 2012 website.
  • The new Dragon Vault Box releases in October! This will likely include the Japanese Dragon Selection set, most of which wasn't released in the English Dragon's Exalted set.
  • New Keldeo Box being released in October. The box will cost $15.99 and will come with a Keldeo figurine, a holo Keldeo promo, a jumbo version of it, and three Black and White series booster packs. See the original link here!
  • The DragonSpeed and DragonSnarl Theme Decks for Dragons Exalted were revealed earlier this last week. Yes, the good Gabite was included.
  • The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online PVP release date was revealed to be before the end of this month. See the original post here!

Competitive Observation of the Week:

1) If you could change this card for the better, what would you change?

2) If any, which archetypes do you see this card in?

Please PM all answers to the Observation of the Week to [smod]Nigel[/smod]. The top 2 most thorough answers will be featured in next week's Weekly TCG Discussion post and those members will be awarded 2 Grains of Sand each!

Do you know the exact number of Grains of Sands you should have before being appointed a Contributor position?

Dark Giratina said:
Do you know the exact number of Grains of Sands you should have before being appointed a Contributor position?
We don't make strict numbers as we're not exactly out of the testing waters here.

Dark Giratina said:

The more you have when you apply, the better your chances will be. Each person has to be taken on a case by case basis.

iisnumber12 said:
Can I wright a MDC Article about Ho Oh EX Varients?

Please PM [smod]Vulpix Yolk[/smod] if you are interested in helping out the MDC.

Reshiwott said:
Will there be grains of sand awarded for Video Game Articles?

I don't see any at the moment but that can be something that I'll like to see.

Reshiwott said:
Will there be grains of sand awarded for Video Game Articles?

We will consider it. That is something I'll have to talk over with Pride. If you do wish to write an article, you can PM me the topic you would like to write about.

Back