Wednesday, 7/12, Diamond and Pearl

Golden Totodile

TCG/VGC Player - Puerto Rico
RE:  Wednesday, 7/12, Diamond and Pearl

Cute Charm said:
Cherimu seems like a cross between a sun castform, a Hoppip, a  and a Delcatty. If it isn't a alt. form of Hoppip, then it will probaly turn into a Sudowoodo-like chery tree thing. The hoppip thing sounds more resanable.

It could be a Hoppip that evolves from other methods (Sun Stone, Sun Shard?) into that.

Cute Charm said:
I'm with everyone else and saying that Dorapion is a Gligar evelution. Since it's only logical since Gligar is the only other something scorpion pokemon out there.

I thought that maybe they'll do what they did to the Hitmons, Introduce a Pre-Evo Baby that in different Circumstances evolves into either Gligar or Dorapion or maybe another Scorpion-like pokemon.

I thought of that when they introduced Heracross since it and Pinsir are both Beetles (Stag Beetle, Herculean Beetle) But I was wrong (could be wrong again)

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot

I choose you Ninja Brian!

Cute Charm said:
I kind of like pikasquirrel Pachirisu (I shall name my first caught (if I get D/P) Slappy:D!).
Catch a Pachirisu & name it Rocky,then catch a Stantler & name it Bullwinkle.:p

Diaruga has feet(thank goodness) & Parukia has arms(thank goodness).

both steel/??? something cyborg legendary pokes.

Villan team name:Team Galaxy.Evil team leader wants to control Space/Time.

Diaruga has power to manipulate time,while Parukia as ability to manipulte space,combined both have power to bend reality.

Both created in secret laboratory an given there magical abilities by iscripiting them in acients spells & adorning them mystic crystals(Diamond & Pearl).

Sources:Serebii.net & other various sites.

ChanseyMaster

OH HAY LOL
(I'm not bothering to look up the name of that new plant guy, so we'll just call him, uhh...Joe)

It said that...Joe...opens up its petals in sunlight. It's ability also gives it more power in sunlight, so I'm suspecting that they might make one of those Castform things where his sprite actually changes when using Sunny Day. That would be a cool little thing.

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Big news... about time, lol.

Cherimu's cute, and the only real link I can draw between it and anything is that it shares the Hopip line's eyes (and mouth, but that's a standard mouth). Nice ability (since it probably evolves, doesn't really matter), too.

Pachirisu... don't get me started. Another electric rat, how delightful. [/sarcasm] I do quite like the tail, but not the colour nor the body. Pity, could've been cool. Had they not ripped of Pichu again. Nice ability, though.

Dorapion... meh. If it IS Gligar's evolution, then I was hoping for a better one. If not, meh all the same. Cross poison sounds cool, nice combo with Snipe... but all the same, more hax is never a good thing. :/

Diaruga and Parukia (assuming I got those right, not bothered to check)... now that I can see them up close... hate them even more. Meh. At the very least, sounds like we have a decent storyline this time.

On a side note, Nature spurt is cool. xD

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/

bass_forte said:
Big news... about time, lol.

Cherimu's cute, and the only real link I can draw between it and anything is that it shares the Hopip line's eyes (and mouth, but that's a standard mouth). Nice ability (since it probably evolves, doesn't really matter), too.

Pachirisu... don't get me started. Another electric rat, how delightful. [/sarcasm] I do quite like the tail, but not the colour nor the body. Pity, could've been cool. Had they not ripped of Pichu again. Nice ability, though.

Dorapion... meh. If it IS Gligar's evolution, then I was hoping for a better one. If not, meh all the same. Cross poison sounds cool, nice combo with Snipe... but all the same, more hax is never a good thing. :/

Diaruga and Parukia (assuming I got those right, not bothered to check)... now that I can see them up close... hate them even more. Meh. At the very least, sounds like we have a decent storyline this time.

On a side note, Nature spurt is cool. xD
Ditto above. Why did they have to create another electrical rodent when we already have... Pichu.... Minun.... 5! I still like Dorapion though. But it has too many "things" and spikes on it's body.

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
Finally, a Dark/Poison Pokemon. But Gligar evolution? No. Gligar is Ground/Flying, and this thing is Dark/Poison. They wouldn't completely change two types.

well, that's what i was thinking about too. but you know, they could be trying something new by changing their types up alot when they evolve

i do agree that we don't need another pikachu look alike but i think it's cute anyways. the flower one is ok. i think it's cool that is opens up when the sun is out. but what, are they going to have 2 different sprites for it like castform? hmm...the Dorapion seems ok too. i like it's attacks and it would be cool if it was related to gligar. but to me, it's ugly. but, doesn't mean i hate it. :) and then the 2 new legendary pokemon. they look like cyber dragons to me. i like them both though. st first i hated them. i thought there were going to be "transformer" like but they are ok now. to bad diaruga doesn't have wings. it looks, weird without anything on it's back.

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
GODZILLA said:
Ditto above. Why did they have to create another electrical rodent when we already have... Pichu.... Minun.... 5! I still like Dorapion though. But it has too many "things" and spikes on it's body.

Because it is a squirrel, making it better than the rest! Who cares about the others (other than +le and -un) we need a squiirel...

ann1785

I play with fire :D
(the castform-plantwhateveritsnameis thingy)

http://pokebeach.com/news/0706/corocoro/page6.jpg
See the screenshot right below the "Joe"? (lazy >>;)

Quote WPM: Cherimu remains closed in its petals until Sunny Day is used, where it opens up.

See the eggplant thing? I'm guessing that's Joe before Sunny day.

CloudLink

Aspiring Trainer
Haha, I think a new Squirrel Pikachu clone is much better than some plus minus clone...

The squirrel actually looks cool to me... it's real cute and all XD

I like the cherry blossom too... hmmm...

The Scorpion seems really strong... I really hope that at least 2/3 of these new Pokemon can evolve...

Yay, after seeing the new pictures, the Pearl legendary looks much cooler, and the Diamond one looks worst than I thought >_<' I'm wondering though, if it will be like G/S (where both legendaries are in both games)

hmmm... interesting...

also, WPM, you said that Aqua Jet (or w/e the attack is) is like Swift, when it's actually like Quick Attack... >_<

Peace...

tweety210

Strife Unanimous Strive on Animous
i am not sure of new hm moves, all the games since had the same exept for firered it is missing dive, BTW, dorapion could be the evelution of gligar

Kuroshi

Aspiring Trainer
I like these new Pokémon, Dorapion is my favorite of the three revealed. It has a very uniqe design. I hope the Rival has a little more of that Gary bite to him, i'm sick of Rivals that fade away before the end of the game.

And being biased towards Team Rocket, I am disappointed not to see them in D/P, but I am reserving judgement on Team Galaxy.

burningcharizard

Fire Pokémon Master

ChanseyMaster said:
Hmm, I just looked at that picture xxAshxx made in paint of Dorapion and the small pic of him. They do look like different Pokemon! (Also, check out the sig.)

It was me that made that in paint not xxAshxx

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot

Yes in fact Team Galaxy wants to control Space/Time by using the mystic powers of Diaruga(Time) & Parukia(Space).

Their powers where given to them by chanting ancient spells during their creation & adorning them magical crystals a.k.a the Diamond & Pearl in their body Armour.

They are cyborg pokemon created by the evil team galaxy leader.

Types of both: Steel/??? something...

James

Team Rocket Member for crazy ideas...!
alright, first things first:

I don't think Dorapion is a (pre)evolution of gligar in any way. it has a totally different form,a nd claiming it to be a (pre)evolution of glifar sounds just crazy to me. my opinion: No way he's a (pre)evolution from Gligar!

secondly, Ann1785 might be right about the picture, but I guess since all Pokémon have a move when they enter battle, I guess the ''joe'' (AKA Cherimu) has it's opening ''opnening move'' that it unfolds itself to the sunlight. (yes, even if sunny day or anything similair is currently NOT active on the field!)

also, I don't think you can get both, Diaruga and Parukia, in one game, since I think it has a sort of Groudon/Kyogre system, depending on which version you choose, one will be able to be caught.

And about Genders for legi's... please don't amke them ALL gender-like... Imagine yourself this: ''Yeah dude, I'm gonna catch myself that cool Zapdos! B-but wait...! It's a FEMALE?!'' o_O ''I guess I'll be looking for articuno then anyways...'' My point is: Some people might then go and discuss like no way a zapdos could be a female! or like no way entei's a female! Figuring out that, I MUST agree with people mewtwo can be made male, since we all realise he's a male.

other than that, I ask for you opnion about something abou Parukia (pearl, since that's the one I like most!:D). when you order the games from japan, you will also get a limited edetion game figure. In the case of the figure futuring Parukia, you can see the ''shoulder pads'' having their ''fins'' stretched out(in other words, Parukia has his round shoulder pads, from which ''fins'' stand up. on the figure you can get, these ''fins'' are extended). So I ask you, do you think they might extend so far that they can actually become wings, or should they just extend for a small amount, only being able for (figthing???) space travel perhaps...?

anyways, let's just hope they will reveal the starters for d/p soon! I really, really, REALLY badly want to see the new starters! I want to pick my new buddy to join my in my quest for (currently only) Parukia!:D

anyways... Errhm....

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
Waow!
bunch of news!

Hmmmmm....
this Scorpion one is awesome...
Darkness/Poison, cool!

I really want to see the starter...hmmmm....

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot

Correction it has already been stated that 1 of the new legi's can fly.(a.k.a Parukia)

Anyway,Ditto James I would also like them to revele the starters really quickly!!