Wednesday, 7/12, Diamond and Pearl

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:pachirisu9zs.png

Image found here links to SPP.

And yes, that's a no. People will go on Wikipedia, not care about who worked on the image, then put it on their sites. You can always link to the news story under "External Links."

Hero of legend

Aspiring Trainer
So I can post the link to this site (Pokebeach.com) under the image or at the External Links, and the pics can stay?

Or should I just request their removal?

EDIT: I understand now, I fixed Pachirisu's credit address, check it out yourself! :)

I'll do the same for the other two!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
And leave the pokebeach.com on the image so people know where it came from.

If not, then yes, remove them.

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
hmm...lucario has a gender. i have 2 conclusions on that. either yes, he is male b/c of the whole mew blushing towards him thing, or maybe...legendary pokemon will have genders in the now. they won't be able to breed but you they will have genders. hmm. maybe pokemon like suicune and celebii will be strictly female b/c of theres female looks. something like that. it would be awesome if they had genders finally

ArrEmmDee

Aspiring Trainer
Water Pokémon Master said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:pachirisu9zs.png

Image found here links to SPP.

And yes, that's a no. People will go on Wikipedia, not care about who worked on the image, then put it on their sites. You can always link to the news story under "External Links."

I made a bit of a mess, but all three images now credit Pokebeach (Cherimu, Dorapion and Pachirisu).

Just to comment on your opinions;
Okay. So. Another Pikachu rip-off. As if Plusle, Minun, and Pichu weren't enough. It's asking to be road kill! Actually, I think it's pretty cool.
Even if he's not an electric type, I like to include Marill in the set anyway. I don't mind it at all.
All three Pokemon above are actually the first Pokemon you encounter in the game (not the starter Pokemon, as some websites misinterpreted - they are like the Zigzagoon and Pidgey of D/P). The scorpion guy looks like he could be an evolution of Gligar, but since we know that WPM can never predict anything, he probably will not be, especially since he will be on your first route.
I doubt their appearance on the first route. Especially with Dorapion. Is this speculation or an actual translation? And, I had the same hunch with Dorapion too. Even though it doesn't make much sense, a purple scorpion with giant teeth is too similar to ignore. Of course, I'm the guy who thought those tiny images of Pachirisu and Cherimu were Plusle/Minun pre-evos, so...
One of the evil teams in the game is Team Galaxy, obviously related to Parukia, while the other team's name has not been revealed yet.
Hopefully there -isn't- a second, and they aren't actually going after Parukia or Diaruga in a Aqua/Magma manner. Interesting storyline idea, but overall it takes away from the team's evilness to just be going after a single Pokemon vs several.
Lucario is a male in the games, not genderless. This could mean either (a) we could have a Latios/Latias case on our hands, or (b) Lucario is not a legendary (yeah, right). More than likely, they just decided to make him a male just because (maybe because he is a male in the movie?)
Hm. Hopefully it's an error or something overlooked in betas, actually. Else there'd be complainings older legendaries need genders, and problems would already arise. (Look at the guy a [few] posts above me! He thinks Suicune is a GIRL? o_O)

Hey Bangiras (assuming you are reading this), you are a rocking girl (I knew that!!)! By the way, is Perap suddenly being normal/flying vs just flying some sort of error in one way or another? I'm entirely confused at this point.

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
ok i have one last thing. the dorapion may be a pre-evolution of gligar. i mean, they are both purple with blue and they are scorpions. but yeah, the types are way different.

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
Hm. Hopefully it's an error or something overlooked in betas, actually. Else there'd be complainings older legendaries need genders, and problems would already arise. (Look at the guy a [few] posts above me! He thinks Suicune is a GIRL? o_O)

i was just stating my opinion. you don't have to make a big deal about it. suicune looks femaleish to me. i guess b/c it has a long purple hair like mane and its tails look like ribbons. it just looks feminine to me.

ArrEmmDee

Aspiring Trainer
Bangiras is a girl, its name is Perap, and she is translating everything right now. :p
My errors have been corrected!! (Sorry rocking girl!)
InuMimi said:

i was just stating my opinion. you don't have to make a big deal about it. suicune looks femaleish to me. i guess b/c it has a long purple hair like mane and its tails look like ribbons. it just looks feminine to me.
I wasn't making a big deal. I'm just saying that massive arguements would ensue similar to this one on forums, and certain legendaries that looked male to one would end up female or vice versa, and chaos would ensue. Genderless legendaries, overall, is the best halfway, and our disagreement helps to demonstrate that.

ChanseyMaster

OH HAY LOL
Hmm, I just looked at that picture xxAshxx made in paint of Dorapion and the small pic of him. They do look like different Pokemon! (Also, check out the sig.)

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
I wasn't making a big deal. I'm just saying that massive arguements would ensue similar to this one on forums, and certain legendaries that looked male to one would end up female or vice versa, and chaos would ensue. Genderless legendaries, overall, is the best halfway, and our disagreement helps to demonstrate that.

good point. but people should just get over it. i mean, they have to have genders. like, how can something not have a gender? latios and latias have genders. and now lucario does. so why not other legendaries?(if he is a legendary that is). it actually would make some people want genders for legendaries which would cause a problem. b/c people wuold be complaining about the fact that it's not fair that all of them don't have genders. i would be happy if mewtwo was made male in the games. i mean, we know he is a male. so why say he's genderless?

i agree with ChanseyMaster's siggy. they look similar and plus, they are both scorpions

ChanseyMaster

OH HAY LOL
Really? Well I guess that kind of makes sense. Dropian seems way too good to be one of the first few. He's got poison fang which is super lethal, and that new cross-poison thing. I would expect to see him at least halfway through the game. (I hope he evolves)

mystery

Wulf Boy
Castform said:
Pachirisu!

Man, I love Pachirisu!

I even made a sprite of him

pachirissu2.jpg

I can't wait to know his English name and sort!

How about a cherimu sprite, I like grass pokemon you know.

Cute Charm

Aspiring Trainer
I kind of like pikasquirrel Pachirisu (I shall name my first caught (if I get D/P) Slappy:D!). Maybe there will be an in-game reason why there are so many Pikachu look-a-likes that will be release someday. But my guess is, it's just because pikachu's the pokemon mascot and every body loves pikachu...

Cherimu seems like a cross between a sun castform, a Hoppip, a and a Delcatty. If it isn't a alt. form of Hoppip, then it will probaly turn into a Sudowoodo-like chery tree thing. The hoppip thing sounds more resanable.

I'm with everyone else and saying that Dorapion is a Gligar evelution. Since it's only logical since Gligar is the only other something scorpion pokemon out there.

I'm guessing the two legendaries are suposed to be dinosaurs...or atlease Diaruga is. Parukia looks like another Godzilla-type moster or a female/mecha Groudon.

Tomokazu Komiya

He's cool. Sorta.
Finally, a Dark/Poison Pokemon. :D But Gligar evolution? No. Gligar is Ground/Flying, and this thing is Dark/Poison. They wouldn't completely change two types.

I was really surprised with the new abilities. I thought that they would all be unoriginal, like Pure Power or Keen Eye, but they're actually creative.

Well, hoping for more TCG news, Tomokazu Komiya is saying farewell.