Wednesday, 7/12, Diamond and Pearl

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
Ugh. Not another electric rodent... They have one in each series; it is starting to get a little tiresome now. They've had Pikachu, Pichu, Plusle, Minun, and Spinda (though not Electric, and not a rodent, but still a lookalike).

The other two monsters, on the other hand, look pretty awesome. I wonder what their evos / pre-evos will be...

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
Pachirisu!

Man, I love Pachirisu!

I even made a sprite of him

pachirissu2.jpg

I can't wait to know his English name and sort!

Attachments

• pachirissu2.bmp
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,200

hummers2187

Aspiring Trainer
Just something to think about, these are the first pokemon to be revealed that are not in a movie, maybe we will start to see new pokemon every month. And what happened to the starter pokemon, i thought they were going to be released this issue.

burningcharizard

Fire Pokémon Master
RE:  Wednesday, 7/12, Diamond and Pearl

hummers2187 said:
was dorapion the purple pokemon on the front of that magizine bc they look different to me.

I agree they look different It seems to me that the purple pokemon is a different pokemon.

are these the same pokemon?:
1zqdblw.jpg

Metal Master

Sparkily Sunshine
RE:  Wednesday, 7/12, Diamond and Pearl

Castform said:
Pachirisu!

Man, I love Pachirisu!

I even made a sprite of him

pachirissu2.jpg

I can't wait to know his English name and sort!
I'm right there with ya Castform. Now if someone could just make him dance like Trapinch, he'd be right there with him. XD

Golden Totodile

TCG/VGC Player - Puerto Rico
I'm gonna go on a limb and try to guess their types:

Cherimu Could be Either Grass or Fire or maybe Both at the same time. (That would be cool)

Pachirisu Maybe Electric only but it's blue color makes me think it could be a Water/Electric (What's with the cheeks, enough already. Pikachu family, Plusle, Minun and now this)

Dorapion makes me guess a lot, It could be either Ground, Metal, Fighting or Bug, I'm guessing a Bug/Metal. (could be wrong)

Kururu

Aspiring Trainer
These three were the ones shown at the top that were very tiny.
The ledgendaries were shown as well, Diaruga and Paruhika.

Dorapion is the beez-nees.

By the way...

Cherimu- Grass
Pachirisu- Electric
Dorapion- Dark/Poison

And these are not the starters.

Hero of legend

Aspiring Trainer
Official info:

The Squirrel is electric, it's abilities are Run Away & Pick Up, it can learn Thunderbolt!

The Plant is a Grass type, it's ability is Flower Give, or Flower Head, and it powers itself and allies up when Sunny Day is in Effect, and it can learn Trouble Seed, this changes the opponents ability to Insomnia temporarily!

The Scorpion is a Poison/Dark type, it's abilities are Battle Armor and Snipe or Snipper, this increases the base damage of a critical hit, it can learn Poison Fang and Cross Poison, this has a high critical hit ratio and a high chance of poisoning, compare with Blaze Kick!

The Diamond Pokemon is called Diaruga, and the Pearl Pokemon is called Parukia!

Perap is part Normal >.<, and it's abilities are Keen Eye and Unstable Gait, it's evasion increases when it's confused!

Tamanta is part Flying, and it's abilities are Swift Swim and Water Absorb!

Lucario's second ability is Humble Heart, this raises it's speed when it flinches, and it can learn Detect and Quick Attack and Wave Guiding Bomb, it's a Fighting type attack, and Lucario is seen as a Male!

Buoysel can learn Aqua Jet, it can attack first, compare with Quick Attack!

Weavile can learn Freeze, it prevents the opponent from using it's held item!

Munchlax can learn Nature Spurt, this allows Munchlax to use a berry it may hold to change the type and strength of one of it's attacks!

That's it for the Pokemon, I'll get the info on the game itself!

Also WPM, isn't Pachirisu (the squirrel) a "Electric Squirrel" and not "Electricsquirrel"? It's two words, not one!

And the Scorpion is a "Changeable Scorpion" and not just a "Scorpion"!

hummers2187

Aspiring Trainer
what is the time difference between the past pokemon games being released in japan and america because the magizine says that its offically being released on september 28th in japan.

James

Team Rocket Member for crazy ideas...!
Golden Totodile said:
I'm gonna go on a limb and try to guess their types:

Cherimu Could be Either Grass or Fire or maybe Both at the same time. (That would be cool)

Pachirisu Maybe Electric only but it's blue color makes me think it could be a Water/Electric (What's with the cheeks, enough already. Pikachu family, Plusle, Minun and now this)

Dorapion makes me guess a lot, It could be either Ground, Metal, Fighting or Bug, I'm guessing a Bug/Metal. (could be wrong)

OK, newsflash:

it is known that the following Pokémon will be the following type(s):

Cherimu (the plant thingy): Grass (just grass. no details. plain grass.)

Pachirisu (the electric squirrel): Electric (nope, nothing more. just like that darn pikachu, plain electric.)

Dorapion (the scorpion thingy): Poison/Dark (yes, dual typed, and NO bug!)

these are FACTS, not just plain guesses. also, I have news on the two legi's from diamond and pearl:

Diaruga: (the Pokémon to symbolise diamond, the blue one) it is classified as a time ruling Pokémon (like celebi folks).

Parukia: (the Pokémon to symbolise Pearl, the pink one) it is classified as a Space ruling Pokémon (like deoxys).

Once again, this are FACTS. I hope you'll like to know them!:D

ArrEmmDee

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! Serebii already proved itself wrong with the supposedly pure flying Perrapu, so I'm not taking anything they say for sure anymore!

1. Cherimu is awesome. Do I detect Special Sweeper counterpart to Jumpluff evoline? (I sort of doubt it has any fire attributes, guys. It's probably be on fire partly or something..)
2. With Ash apparently out of the anime (check filb.de and bulbapedia), Pachirisu might be D/P heroine's Pokemon of choice or something. It might be more the extra Poochyena of the generation (as in, a non normal type on Route 1) than a straight up Pika-counterpart in game.
3. Dorapion. (Onix with AIDS?) The purpleness, and the scorpionness, might make it some sort of Gligar relative if not a direct evolution, even though I myself don't like it.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hero of legend said:
Official info:

The Squirrel is electric, it's abilities are Run Away & Pick Up, it can learn Thunderbolt!

The Plant is a Grass type, it's ability is Flower Give, or Flower Head, and it powers itself and allies up when Sunny Day is in Effect, and it can learn Trouble Seed, this changes the opponents ability to Insomnia temporarily!

The Scorpion is a Poison/Dark type, it's abilities are Battle Armor and Snipe or Snipper, this increases the base damage of a critical hit, it can learn Poison Fang and Cross Poison, this has a high critical hit ratio and a high chance of poisoning, compare with Blaze Kick!

Perap is part Normal >.<, and it's abilities are Keen Eye and Unstable Gait, it's evasion increases when it's confused!

Lucario's second ability is Humble Heart, this raises it's speed when it flinches, and it can learn Detect and Quick Attack and Wave Guiding Bomb, it's a Fighting type attack, and Lucario is seen as a Male!

Munchlax can learn Nature Spurt, this allows Munchlax to use a berry it may hold to change the type and strength of one of it's attacks!

Also WPM, isn't Pachirisu (the squirrel) a "Electric Squirrel" and not "Electricsquirrel"? It's two words, not one!

We don't go off SPP translations. We go off Bangiras translations. :p

Website updated with stuff!

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
Even if Pachirisu is a Pikachu/Plusle/Minun counter part.. Pachirisu is better <|^_^|>

Hero of legend

Aspiring Trainer
RE:   Wednesday, 7/12, Diamond and Pearl

Water Pokémon Master said:
Hero of legend said:
Official info:

We don't go off SPP translations. We go off Bangiras translations. :p

Website updated with stuff!

Yeah, sorry! :p

That was to help you anyways!

But what about my questions on the classifications of Pachirisu and Dorapion? Also, I took the text out of those pics and put them on Wikipedia, if that's alright?