Wednesday, 4/5, The Furthest Ends of Offense and Defense, New Card Sleeve Rule

elevandar

the Architect
sigh
i like war betta, and wats the differance, offence and defence, lots of dark and metal, yay, (glares at shiftry)
anyway

Jordan

arctic_frost

Doctor Dewgong
RE:  Wednesday, 4/5, The Furthest Ends of Offense and Defense, New Card Sleeve Rule

Abhorsen said:
Flygon-d is decent but it wouldnt work with Dragonite-d and Metagross-d at all. Having 3 stage 2 lines in your deck? That's plain suicide...

Look at Rock Lock. That runs three stage 2's and was pretty successful last year. There's no reason why, if played properly, it couldn't work. Of course, Pidgeot d would work better, but even so, the whole thing falls to BF anyway - much like RL.

Prime

Monisou Sentai Pokanger
You need to realize that without pidgeot or magcargo or jirachi in the format, you won't be able to run 3 stage 2's in a deck in a 2-1-2 fashion. Unless they are replaced, I don't see those decks being consistant at ALL.

HaunterX6

Ghost Master
RE: Wednesday, 4/5, Farthest War, New Card Sleeve Rule

Water Pokémon Master said:
More accurate set-name translation added.

woah woah, wait. went from "farthest war" to THAT? furthest ends of offense and defense? what, is "War" a bad word now? people find it offensive, or innappropriate, because of the conflicts in Iraq or something? Gimme a FREAKING BREAK! Gah.

That's just person. the set name itself isnt great to begin with, but, if its truly called that, word for word, then all of humanity needs to be shot. Seriously. I hope that really isnt what its gonna be called.. and i hope that if it is, it isnt because "war" is an "offensive term".

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
1) It's all a rough translation, first of all. It has nothing to do with anything going on in the world, and has everything to do with the fact that it was translated for exact clarity. Just like how our Ex: Legend Maker was originally either Phantom Forest, Eidolon Forest, Forest of Mew...several different names due to the way it's translated. When we get this set, it won't be named either of the two, I'm sure...

And, of course, the two Delta-Stars had better be Lugia and Ho-oh. :)

2) And to Cute-Mew...just one energy a turn? What about Rain Dance Blastoise? :p Too extreme, you say? Balance out the thought though, Flygon-d is a Stage 2 Pokemon, so it having a power like this is actually quite justified.

And besides, what's the point of attaching energy from two different places anyways? Flygon-d has a place of it's own, away from Metanite.

As for the Card Sleeve issue....eh. I don't like it, now I have to go and find some dull, bleak, opaque sleeves that I've never shuffled a deck with before in my LIFE. What's more, people can still cheat with Opaque sleeves! I'm sure they can, like someone said on the Gym, Las Vegas always has a way!

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
That sounds more like an EX set and that flygon card is awesome and that swift attack is powerful too.:)

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Swift is what makes Flygon-d playable. It simply eats away at Scizor ex and Steelix ex without worry, then reduces its own damage by metal energies. There are a few combos I can see with Flygon-d, I have thought of a few decks involving it already which I think can work very effectively.

I usually keep these ideas quiet since people tend to take them as being broken, then playing them everywhere... which I dont want to happen, lol. It happened with Dustox and look where that went to, I mentioned Ascension Wurmple and Emerge Cascoon then Everyone loved Dustox, lol. I suppose I cant take real credit for that since someone would have seen it eventually and spread it around.

:p

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Abhorsen said:
Swift is what makes Flygon-d playable. It simply eats away at Scizor ex and Steelix ex without worry, then reduces its own damage by metal energies. There are a few combos I can see with Flygon-d, I have thought of a few decks involving it already which I think can work very effectively.

Eh, you have a good point there... totally forgot about Metals... Heh.

What I love about delta dragons is that making them delta can, arguably, make them more playable. Instead of LG, GM.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
I would think not, because of them being Shiny.

The only sleeves that are usable, from what I'm hearing, are the opaque one-solid-color sleeves.

Don't forget about Steelix's and Scizor's Metal Reduction too..;)

Malocide

Mewtwo User
Dude Fire Gardevior... I could do a fire mewtwo... fire Gradivor deck... with some psychic thrown in...

two of my fave type mixed...

ya for dealtaness I can wait...

I is happy...

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Even in the games it is a good attack.:)

Espeon

Pokemon Co-ordinator
I really hope the delta spesies will be stop...so worry they will continue for another 2 years...Was that a reason they use it to hold it on untill the 4th generation to released?
delta spesies,not pure type ...really mix up all the pokemon type combination,IMO.There are still many of the pure type have not been release yet...like (F) for cradily,(F) for aggron,do we have (F) for nincada? and many more...

Anyway,the name sound like the final last battle for the delta spesies pokemon and it will end by that time.
What a special name, i think it shows that the next generation is coming...:D

Kirlia7755

Avid Fan
Sorry to revive this thread, but WPM can u rate this suggestion?

I just got an idea of how to make the cheating probability, yes, ZERO PERCENT.

Even if you play wivout sleeves or whatever, there still is a chance that a cheater is somewhere

But this is my idea

Just at the start of the game, or a card that tells you "Shuffle your deck" just let the judge shuffle for you, and thats it. No player is to shuffle the deck anytime, and so the cheating chance? 0%.