Wednesday, 4/5, The Furthest Ends of Offense and Defense, New Card Sleeve Rule

RE: Wednesday, 4/5, Farthest War, New Card Sleeve Rule

Dosen't sound like a Pokemon set name at all, not even a Japanese one. Did they just decide to steal from Magic this time or something? :D

'Fartherst War'??? Wats up wif that? Sounds like the name-creator-guys r out of ideas

That is an unusual name and it sounds kind of fake because I think the set should be called EX delta sky or EX delta sea or EX delta dragon That would sound like a better set name and it sounds like a small set to me. I hope we don't have a small set. I think it is a good rule for the TCG because it is another way to cheat a the tournaments and I agree it is another way to tell what your cards are and I think everybody should keep those sleeves at home and only use the hard ones.:)

Interesting. New set, 8 Ex's, 2 *'s... I wonder how they'll do it exactly.

A little strange with the Card sleeve ruling. I see where the point is about cheating and stuff like that. IMO, I dont know why people just dont use clear sleeves, they're cheaper and there isnt any controversy surrounding them.

I would assume it's so people can put foreign cards in their deck.

Hi
well it sounds all good to me, gardy ex, another ttar ex,
day dreams and hopes that they are good,
farthest war, sounds awsome to me, tho it is weird for a Pokémon set name, im not complaining, (unless the set suks then i will) but yea, and the sleeve thing is just stupid if u ask me, but yea, wont really affect legue play, so yea, cant wait for spoilers.
thx

Jordan

Oh... ... Lightning Tyranitar EX "d"... ...
Luckily, I don't buy art sleeves, but then again, I don't play in tournaments... ... :(

"Farthest War"? They'd better not screw up a set with such a cool name.. =P

More accurate set-name translation added.

On the clear sleeves topic, the opaque sleeves provide better protection for any rare cards in your deck, well that is wha I have found anyway.

The set sounds, awesome (albeit a weird name).
Although another Tyranitar :p lol.
Can't wait till it comes out, although I will probably have to as it is like aaaaaaages away.

awesome set.... i only have my purple sleeves which is not really artist - just some shininy purple patterns on back.

According to EeveeLover, anything that isn't totally plain or clear is considered art, and therefore illegal.

So your purple shiny backed cards (and my blue and my green ones) can't be used. Bleh. They're so pretty! v_v

What's up with the sleeves thing, I use pokémon art sleeves, I think it's easier to a mark on a non-art card because it's more noticeable. :p, It's hard enough to find a dot on the pokémon art sleeves, then try putting that card with the dot on top of your deck, sounds just silly to me.

"The furthest ends of offence and defence"... that says a lot. So we're seeing a lot of (F), most likely. And some (W) with high defence, perhaps... hmm... Still a bit too doomsdayish and unPokemonish for my liking.

cute-mew said:
What's up with the sleeves thing, I use pokémon art sleeves, I think it's easier to a mark on a non-art card because it's more noticeable. :p, It's hard enough to find a dot on the pokémon art sleeves, then try putting that card with the dot on top of your deck, sounds just silly to me.

Thing is, if you mark a non-art card, you're not the only one to notice. On the other hand... if you were to have, say, a sleve that's half white and half black (even though that'd be really ugly), would that be illegal? A technicality, but whatever.

Man, they're just going to far, flygon δ+dragonite δ+metagross δ
2 energies from your hand, 1 from your discard pile, metagross δ does 90 every turn
add 3 more dragonite δ: 150!!!, this is just to EXTREME. What happened to that simple, fair pokémon game, what have they done with it :(

Flygon is crazy. I think it will definitely see some play, used only for its power though.

Edit:
cute-mew said:
Man, they're just going to far, flygon δ+dragonite δ+metagross δ
2 energies from your hand, 1 from your discard pile, metagross δ does 90 every turn
add 3 more dragonite δ: 150!!!, this is just to EXTREME. What happened to that simple, fair pokémon game, what have they done with it :(

Flygon-d is decent but it wouldnt work with Dragonite-d and Metagross-d at all. Having 3 stage 2 lines in your deck? That's plain suicide...

If you're worried that the game is messed up over that idea above (which wont work really) then you havent seen how the game is so so wrong atm. For those who played since Base set/Neo onwards then you'll see how the game is horrible. It all has to do with lack of draw, Supporters are too dependant, and is mainly based around Luck. How can Skillful players win when they are haxed by a n00b cause of Luck? It's simply wrong...

I just think it's stupid, We used to only attach 1 energy each turn, now we can attach 5 energies each turn. just to EXTREME

Back