Wednesday, 3/22, 4Kids and PUSA Situation

I agree with you guys because if we loose the actors the ratings will drop like a rock for a little while and then they will go back up again and maybe if enough complaints are in pokemon USA may not change the actors after all but right now it is a very tough time for everyone and I will be sad if they go because the show has had MAJOR success and is still going strong and that is what we want. I don't want to see the show in the dump because of new actors but we can only hope for the best right now and we will have to wait and see what happens in september.:)

Ive signed both guest books. I do encourage the writing of letters, as WPM mentioned on the homepage, as I fear that even if PUSA is notified of these petitions via e-mail, they will be treated as SPAM, and thus will be deleted. Also, please people, dont throw insults at them...that will get us nowhere.

More stuff that can help. (See my previous post for email and mailing addresses to PUSA)

email from fruitsmoothierevenge at BulbaGarden Message Boards said:
Hello!

As you may or may not have heard, there are plans to potentially replace the dub voice actors of the television show Pokemon. They have already dubbed a special with new voice actors, and are planning to continue the next season without the voice actors- including Eric- that we have grown to love over the past eight years. We, as fans of these talented individuals, are starting a campaign to make sure that we can still hear the original voices we love.

There are many things that you can do to help out with our campaign to Save Our Voice Actors. One of the simplest things is to sign the online petition that has been created. The site can be found at http://www.petitiononline.com/pkmnRB/petition.html This petition, once enough people have signed, will be sent to Pokemon USA to show just how many people would like the originals to stay.

Another thing is to visit the website that has been created, located here: http://www.bulbagarden.net/pokemoncreations/sova/index.html. Here you can find addresses you can send letters to and information about the other voice actors that we are trying to support. You can also read what supporters of the campaign have to say.

The most important way to help out is to spread the word. Forward this e-mail to as many people you think would support our cause. There are many people whose lives have been touched by these skilled vocal artists, so send this mail to your family, friends, neighbors, parents, children, and any other groups that you belong to. We believe, with a strong backing, that we can Save Our Voice Actors.

Thank you so much for reading! ^_^

- Lindsay
(fruitsmoothierevenge at BulbaGarden Message Boards)

This reminds me of the time long ago (no, this ain't no fairy tale yo).

Remember when Ash's voice turned from a deep-throated past-puberty voice to one that actually fits his age? Who knows, we may be facing that kind of situation after all.

Or, we could be facing the kind of change like in The Fairly Oddparents (Cosmo's voice changed for the worse IMO).

Besides, although I for one STRONGLY prefer the use of the original cast, remember this: Homer Simpson's voice actor has changed no less than 3 times. And from what I heard (may be wrong), his current voice actor is a voice ACTRESS.

Personally, as long as the quality of the show actually goes up and no DRASTIC change in voices happen, I'm pretty fine with it. PUSA seems to be on the track of running everything themselves with no second fiddle, and while may be a good thing, only time will tell how good a decision they have made.

Or, we could be facing the kind of change like in The Fairly Oddparents (Cosmo's voice changed for the worse IMO).
Did Cosmo change very early on or very reccently? Never noticed this. You sure you're not talking about Timmy's friend with the braces? Because the old voice was much better. :p

Besides, although I for one STRONGLY prefer the use of the original cast, remember this: Homer Simpson's voice actor has changed no less than 3 times. And from what I heard (may be wrong), his current voice actor is a voice ACTRESS.
I remember a dramatic change in his voice one time early on in the series, but I had heard it was just the VA changing the style, and this actress thing seems to unsual to be true to me...

Do you think it would be "too late" if I wrote in after the anniversary episode?

As much as I do enjoy the character voices as they are now, if the new ones are as good as now, or maybe even better, it wouldn't really matter (although I do agree that when people work with a character for a while and get more comfortable with it, they do seem to flow with the character and add a bit more feeling).

I'm thinking this is for money purposes more than anything else if they aren't even considering using the same voice actors, or maybe it's just a lot of legal tape that would make it a nuisance for them.

Either way, i would like to see that episode with the new VAs before i make a firm judgement.

Back