Wednesday, 2/28, DP2: The Mystery of the Lakes Scans, Kadabra Extinct

I think alakazam is pretty good actually. I think if it is used it will just be for it's power.  So i mean if you want to shut down power decks without cessation crystal yet still have pokes with powers too, it's a good way to do so.

I'm also really interested in the psychic trio which I think will take the place of lunarock whenever the set comes out, and I think the murkrow line is pretty interesting as well.

poor kadabra! Probably just an error or something. I like the scans and the translations, and I think those lv. x's are really cool!

I'm betting there will be a Kadabra, considering Uri lost the suit against nintendo... I don't think that has anything to do with whatever is actually going on.

Man the whole Kadabara thing is just getting more and more annoying... If they're not going to release a Kadabara card again at least legalize ones from older sets. =P It's convienient, however, I still don't want any of this creating special attacks to evolve Abra straight to Alakazam. (To those who believe in Kadabara's presence in this set: Why would Abra have such an attack if Kadabara was there? Also sure there may have been instences in which you had a basic and no evos but, never, ever have I seen a set that had a basic and stage 2 yet no stage 1, there is no mistake something is up, you don't convienently skip a stage 1 when you have a basic and stage 2, like you could a single/both evolution(s) of a basic) And yes, I think this may have to do with Uri, even though he lost the suit years ago, It's like how we haven't seen Porygon's family in the anime since the seizure incident, and how Jynx's skin magically became purple come Gold and Silver. It's like they don't want people mad twice. Whether it's Uri, Sensitive African Americans, or the Japanese parents of the children who were effected by Electric Soldier Porygon. It's almost as if they want the Pokemon gone, but know they can't just get rid of it so they sort of hide it (Porygon as the exception, somehow I feel his presence will only offend people if he appears in an episode of the anime, if nobody wanted to see him he wouldn't of been given another evo) but there must be other reasons for Kadabara, I wish I knew what they were.

Maybe, but a failed lawsuit is such a little issue in comparison with hundreds of children being hospitalized for seizures, or things people might take as racism. I don't know how many people remember that trainer card from the original Team Rocket set that got banned because it had a reverse swastika on it. Anyways, Pokemon USA was worried that people would see it as a symbol of Nazi Germany, not good luck. I see issues like that as proper reasons for banning things, not just because some fool believed they had ripped him off. Bending spoons isn't exactly a new concept.

HOWEVER, Uri pointed out the star on Kadabra's head was another reference to Nazi Germany... Perhaps that had something to do with it? If so, that's pretty anal, to say the least...

ZZZAPDOS said:
HOWEVER, Uri pointed out the star on Kadabra's head was another reference to Nazi Germany... Perhaps that had something to do with it? If so, that's pretty anal, to say the least...

I just wanted to point out that wasn't it the squiggly lines rather then the star? Everyone thought it looked like the SSS logo.

Anyway this is interesting why they haven't released a Kadabra yet. It would be interesting to see what becomes of it or if they ever release one again.

Hum de hah, do lvl x pokemon have the same rarity as pokemon* ? I noticed that there are no shining pokemon in this set.

Cute Charm said:
ZZZAPDOS said:

I just wanted to point out that wasn't it the squiggly lines rather then the star? Everyone thought it looked like the SSS logo.

Anyway this is interesting why they haven't released a Kadabra yet. It would be interesting to see what becomes of it or if they ever release one again.

It was the Gestapo double lightning bolts and the star and his Kadabra's head made people think it was a Jewish star.

ZZZAPDOS said:
Maybe, but a failed lawsuit is such a little issue in comparison with hundreds of children being hospitalized for seizures, or things people might take as racism. I don't know how many people remember that trainer card from the original Team Rocket set that got banned because it had a reverse swastika on it. Anyways, Pokemon USA was worried that people would see it as a symbol of Nazi Germany, not good luck. I see issues like that as proper reasons for banning things, not just because some fool believed they had ripped him off. Bending spoons isn't exactly a new concept.

That's true, I forgot about the claims of Nazi symbols on Kadabara, but really if they was a tha HUGE of a problem with them they'd be doing something like editing out the symbols or giving less-offensive replacements... =/

^ I agree. If there was a problem concerning Kadabras apearance, they would of changed it. They changed Jynx, after all.

I bet that Alakazam "Evolves from Kadabra" with no Kadabra in the set is for Unlimited purposes. Same reason recent rule books discuss retreating with DCE and the Baby rule...

bacon-boy said:
^ I agree. If there was a problem concerning Kadabras apearance, they would of changed it. They changed Jynx, after all.
Also true.
Who knows what's really going on. It's all a little odd.

I like a lot the expancion epecially the electric and grass thins

I will buy a box of it

the kadabra thing Yuri Geller is a fake psychic he got mad when he saw the card and he just wanted money what a moron

Booburn lv.x is like a weaker version of Steelix ex/Blaziken ex !
*stares at Tyranitar*

dark vaporeon said:
the kadabra thing Yuri Geller is a fake psychic he got mad when he saw the card and he just wanted money what a moron
Well... aren't they all just fake psychics?
All that stuff is obviously a farce...

Ice Pokemon Master said:
Electrivire LV.X. is so bad!!!

Any, I like the Gaevolution of Gabias, 3 energy for 70 with no retreat cost!

eletrivire LV.X is good!!

*hug's ninetales and masquerain*

Yeah!!!!!

Whenever your opponent attach an energy from there hand to there pokemon. Put 2 damage counter on that pokemon.

And for 2 energy 50 and Electivire LV.X have a chance to inore all the dmage and effect to it next turn.

You call that bad??

Back