Web browser for ds

burningcharizard

Fire Pokémon Master
Hi does any one see any point in getting the web browser for the ds i mean you can just use your computer. It is only useful if there a plenty of hotspots where you live and where i live in Scotland there are like 8 or something that are at weird places.

So my main point is that you have to use wifi unless you are at a hotspot so it's not that good is it? I mean say you are on a trip somewhere wouldn't it be great if you could go on the internet when your in your car.

But apart from the downside that you have to use wifi or hotspots i think it the browsr is cool but i don't think i'll be getting it anytime soon. Unless anyone can convince me it is worth the money.

To buy or not to buy? that is the queston.

I think it is a good idea because if all of your computers are being used you can just turn on your DS and be right here on the forum while watching pokemon in your easy chair at the same time. So yeah I think the idea is sweet but it does not work the sames as a regular computer as I heard from my brother that works at nintendo and you have to use the stylus some how to type too.:)

I'm going to use Opera very much once it comes out. Where I live, most places like Starbucks and McDonald's have hotspots, so it'll be eassy to connect.

I actually have a question of my own:
Will the web browser act like any other browser, or will it not be able to view videos or listen to audio?

[ChanseyMaster]

ChanseyMaster said:
I'm going to use Opera very much once it comes out. Where I live, most places like Starbucks and McDonald's have hotspots, so it'll be eassy to connect.

I actually have a question of my own:
Will the web browser act like any other browser, or will it not be able to view videos or listen to audio?

[ChanseyMaster]

Can you connect in your own home on a wireless router in your area or does your area not have that capability yet?:)

That's not my question. I have a router, and it's fully functional.
My question is will I be able to view audio/video on the DS or will it just be for text?

[ChanseyMaster]

I would think you'd be able to browse the net just like the PSP does. If it can hear that stuff, then you should be good too. That's why it requires a cable/DSL connection for it to work.

It has plenty of uses. For one, internet browsing on a portable system is always nice. Another reason is if all the computers in my house are taken up via family members or updating software, I can still browse.

ChanseyMaster said:
That's not my question. I have a router, and it's fully functional.
My question is will I be able to view audio/video on the DS or will it just be for text?

[ChanseyMaster]

I think so but I hear it is not like a regular computer so I am not sure. You could try calling customer service at nintendo to find out if the DS does that and they would be more than happy to tell you if it does or not and anything that has to do with nintendo and you have a question about don't hesitate to call because that is what they are there for anyway.:) I am just trying to help as much as I can.:)

Actually, you'd most likely get an automated recording. Plus, Nintendo is well-known for not leaking details until they want to, so you'll probably just be told to wait and see. They haven't announced anything about it yet officially, so they won't announce anything unofficially either. Just like if you were to ask about the Wii's release date, you'd probably be told to keep checking the website for information on upcoming events.

Alchemist_Almighty said:
Actually, you'd most likely get an automated recording. Plus, Nintendo is well-known for not leaking details until they want to, so you'll probably just be told to wait and see. They haven't announced anything about it yet officially, so they won't announce anything unofficially either. Just like if you were to ask about the Wii's release date, you'd probably be told to keep checking the website for information on upcoming events.

Yeah your right but you never know until you try.:)

I just found out that the Japanese model is VERY limited in web browsing. Videos and audio can't be heard, you can't have more than one window open, and you can't copy and paste text to your clipboard, among other things. This is a big letdown on my end, but then again, we're a little more into the internet than Japan is right now. I believe that if we ever get this in the US, it'll be undergoing some serious improvements, otherwise they won't sell too many of them.

So, in case you guys were thinking about it, don't import the Japanese one, because the limitations are plentiful.

Alchemist_Almighty said:
I just found out that the Japanese model is VERY limited in web browsing. Videos and audio can't be heard, you can't have more than one window open, and you can't copy and paste text to your clipboard, among other things. This is a big letdown on my end, but then again, we're a little more into the internet than Japan is right now. I believe that if we ever get this in the US, it'll be undergoing some serious improvements, otherwise they won't sell too many of them.

So, in case you guys were thinking about it, don't import the Japanese one, because the limitations are plentiful.

According to my older brother we are getting it here in the U.S. and he said it is not that good but there will be renovations and improvements I hope.:)

Back