Discussion Weavile BUS - Good partners/Deck ideas?

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
So, Weavile BUS is a very interesting Pokemon.

What makes it so good?
Rule of Evil is an attack, which for [C] does 60 to each Pokemon with abilities. This is nuts. It 3HKOs Tapu Lele GX, 4HKOs Gardevoir GX, and 5HKOs Metagross GX. With constant Weavile spam, you can severely wear down ability Pokemon, and, in a metagame with little passive HP recovery, this damage would be sticking around for a while.

The Problem?
Weavile has issues with dealing with less ability focused decks, and, on its own, can find itself lacking.

Nice Synergy
Tapu Koko Promo:
Nice and easy boost to damage, with a 20 Spread.

Drampa GX:
Injuring your own Lele GX is bad. But then you can start some sweeps with this mon, and the extra 60 shifts the numbers in your favour against some popular decks, like Garde.

Necrozma GX: Mainly for 100 snipes to GXs and EXs. The only reason to run, but it can turn a bad match up on its head.

Tapu Lele Promo/Spiritomb STS: Complete damage rearranging is pretty solid. Its really nice to basically shift everything around and setup the big KOs. Shame Lele Promo isn't out, but spiritomb is.

Po Town: more damage is good. And there is a lot of evolution decks around that will dislike that extra damage.

Current Ideas

Golisopod GX: Golisopod GX is very cool. However, it has some troubles hitting some of the larger numbers we see these days. 120/150 is too low of a ceiling for most of the top decks out there. Plus, issues with decks like Gardevoir and Metagross is all to painful. Add some extra sniping damage, and the deck can start to soar, as a couple of Rule of Evils will create a few more openings. However, sometimes the Garbs just outweigh the weaviles, and the fact that you can't use the free retreat T1 BUS wimpods, since weavile will just hurt you.

Noivern GX: Noivern is interesting. Item+Special energy lock is strong, but has a fear of Gardy. And that isn't a good thing in a format like this. Weaviles can drop some good numbers for Noivern GX, acting more of a mop than a softening attacker.

Aegislash BKT: This is the rouge one. Aegislash, for [C][C][C], doubles all damage counters on the opposing side. Pair with Weavile, Koko and Necrozma, it will be an interesting theory.

Any other thoughts? I want to try expand on this interesting and versatile card.

i like the idea, i got wrecked by a garb/weavile/golisapod deck in the league cup finals, i was playing gardeivoir

Honchkrow GUR is a good partner in case you have to nuke a pokemon. After a successful Necrozma GX atack, you can start 1shotting with Honchkrow. It also uses double colorless for his attack, so there is the synergy.

I think you have a good handle on the spread concept... and have most of the cast of characters named out... the other one that you're missing is Espeon-EX, instead of pushing your opponents over the top on damage, devolve them for KOs is another possibility. (You do cut your prizes in half though.)

I think I like a Golisiopod/Weavile the best, as you said it will put Lele's into OHKO (which technically its getting hit twice...but once by each) additionally Weavile can also snipe off Octillary, Gallade & Oranguru, which might just force a 7 prize game, but still could be clutch if you also get a KO of one of their setup pokemon. Mr. Mime is also a possibility if you still want to "Wimp Out" and your T1 Bridgette would pull the rainbow of Sneasel, Wimpod, Mr. Mime,.

Since you brought up my favorite friend- Aegislash- I think you're so close, a deck that I LOVE playing right now (on Ladder its amazing but might be tough in best 2 of 3 as playstyle could change for subsequent matches) is Necrozma/Aegislash/Vikavolt/Koko... I skip the Stage 1's, just use Rare Candy, Heavy ball can find either Stage 2, and Skyla finds the missing piece of the combo. Vikavolt's strong charge is just so good at finding energy. I've had GAME in hand, at the end of T2, which I think is just ridiculous (provided they didnt Max Potion/Acerola)...

However, I think in upcoming rotations I'll probably switch to a more conventional- Necrozma/Aegislash/Lele (Promo)/Koko (Promo) especially with Counter Catcher & Counter Energy you'll have no problem playing from behind, but in this deck I think Weavile will be the one that doesn't make the cut.

Back