Discussion Weaknesses of the top tier decks

Volcanion - Garbodor, Rainbow Road (?), Water pokemon (Regice, Glaceon, Greninja)
Mega Ray - Parallel City, Lysandres, Rainbow Road (Galvantula), Giratina
Darkrai EX - Lysandre, Rainbow Road
Rainbow Road - Parallel City, Scizor, bench snipers (Audino, Greninja), hammers
Yanmega - Garbodor, Graninja (almost autoloss)
Gardevoir - Rainbow Road (?), Scizor
Scizor - Volcanion, Giratina
Mewtwo - Gardevoir, Scizor, Rainbow Road (Mew), Darktina
Xerneas Break - Scizor
Greninja - Garbodor, Speed
Yveltals - Raichu/zebs, E-hammer
Plumebox - Scizor, Tina, Garb, lysander,ranger
Gyarados - bench snipers, hammers
Tina/garb/Hammers- Fairy, hammers

You used alot of " rainbow roads" and I dont get your point...
You say that because of the price trade? I think Non-ex fits better in this case.

From personal experience, my Rainbow Road has won 81% of matches this month (more than 50 matches played), so, yes, I think I feel confident in saying that the above decks are weak to Rainbow Road.

From personal experience, my Rainbow Road has won 81% of matches this month (more than 50 matches played), so, yes, I think I feel confident in saying that the above decks are weak to Rainbow Road.

I see your point bro, but just because you usually beat one deck with rainbow, doesnt mean this deck is weak to it, specially because your main attacker is non-ex.
For example M Gardy VS Rainbow, I think is like 60% in your favor (almost even), because of the price trade.
My point is, to say one deck is weak to another, you have to win like 75% or more, it have to be an awful matchup.
This is how I see "weak". You created the topic maybe I missed the point from the beginning, but if you analyze the top cuts of the recent regionals, you will not find much rainbow, it means there are fewer decks "weak" to it than you think.

No you make a really good point Tanure, if Rainbow Road consistently doesn't make top cuts, it's probably not a top tier deck. But how many people are playing it though? How many Rainbow Road decks are there at top tournaments, compared to Mewtwo, Gardevoir, Greninja, Dark Decks, etc.? We'll have to see, but that's a factor too.

And, honestly, I only play PTCGO, I don't play in reality, so my experience is different than probably a lot of (most) people. Also, as I'm looking at my notes here, I'm a bit shocked to realize that in over 50 matches with Rainbow Road this month, I have yet to play M Gardevoir even once. So I would definitely say that you are correct, I do not have direct basis to say that M Gard is necessarily inferior to Rainbow Road (esp. with the addition of Dragonite EX this month which will undoubtedly give that deck a boost).

I guess all I'm saying is that with Rainbow Road, the only deck I fear is Scizor... and I've only faced that twice this month (both losses).

You are right bro, the only deck you have to fear is scizor, you have good odds against the others.
Btw, you are running dual types or EX rainbow road?

BTW Rainbow Road placed 2 in top 32 in Orlando, 3 in top 32 in Liverpool, and 2 in Dortmund... but won the whole thing in Dortmund.

My list is very similar to the Dortmund list with the exception of Umbreon... but I think I'm going to tech that into mine. I use Poke Fam's list with a few adjustments.

Circling back to this with a summary of all of the suggestions above:

Volcanion - Garbodor, Rainbow Road, Water pokemon (Regice, Glaceon, Greninja)
Mega Ray - Parallel City, Lysandres, Rainbow Road (Galvantula), Giratina
Darkrai EX - Lysandre, Rainbow Road
Rainbow Road - Parallel City, Scizor, bench snipers (Audino, Greninja), hammers
Yanmega - Garbodor
Gardevoir - Rainbow Road, Scizor
Scizor - Volcanion, Giratina
Mewtwo - Gardevoir, Scizor, Rainbow Road (Mew), Darktina
Xerneas Break - Scizor
Greninja - Yanmega, Garbodor

Basically, I'm trying to gauge which decks have the least weaknesses, since that seems to be driving the meta at this point. It's not how strong and powerful your deck is, it's how few chinks you have in your armor.
Volcanion does not lose to glaceon or regice. Neither of those can one shot a volcanion ex while volcanion ex can one shot them back.
Mega Ray only loses to p city if used in conjunction with giratina and destroyes rainbow road in standard
Rainbow road just honestly is an awful deck in standard. Worry more about gyarados
Yanmega pretty much loses to whatever plays hex maniac or garbodor, yea
Depending on the rainbow road variant, mega gardy can Lysander kill dual type evolutions and not be one shotted after, but definetly loses to mega Ray
Scizor can beat giratina by discarding double dragons so they can't attack and then slapping float stones on garbodor
Greninja loses to mega gardy as well as gardy attacks too fast and can one shot greninjas faster than they can kill gardys back

Back