Was Silver Adopted by Giovanni?

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
As I was reading Pokemon Adventures,

It was discovered that Silver was Giovanni's son, which surprised me, as Silver is my favourite character!

Anyway, I was doing some reading/research, and it states that Silver's blood type is AB and Giovanni's blood type is O. A blood type AB is formed rarely when two parents have A and B blood types. But Giovanni has an O blood type, meaning that he couldn't have been Silver's father.

Also, there were never any views about Silver's mother, so that may have meant that Silver was adopted by Giovanni.

But also consider that this is the Pokemon World, and anything can happen...

Blood Type is used in kind of a a popular Japanese method of fortune telling, very similar to how Zodiac signs are treated in the West. See here for more info. So, in the same way you might hear about celebrities or fictional characters being a Gemini or whatever, it's pretty common for character bios for Japanese fictional characters and celebrities to include their blood type.

On topic, adoption is certainly a possibility, but I think it's more likely that the PokéSpe authors gave the characters those blood types based on their personalities without bothering to investigate the biological implications.

Or maybe it was planned somehow? Well, either way, I still enjoy it so much, and will always love Silver!

Oh, and I know that the Japanese like to talk or implement blood types on things for fortune telling. So, maybe what you said in that last sentence is actually true.

Back