Wailord-EX, Trevenant-EX, M Aggron-EX, Others from 'Primal Clash!' [11/30]

MP Pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
My god. 160 cards?! RIP to any set collector out there. You better have your wallet ready. I'm excited for all those UR's doe :D.

Frosty

Bleh.
I just made an account only to say this:
The eyes on that wailord EX....
Can't stop laughing at it!

and I want to collect this set but I just might pick it apart and only get the cards I like...maybe. I'll probably do all the ex/ ancient arts and full arts. And then other stuff I like.
i have a feeling the next set will be about dragons, possibly mega rayquaza if it does happen then i'll be doing the next set.

collinhall said:
Can we talk about how bloody ugly the Primal cards look with that yellow border? :(

Yeah I wish the english cards would just switch over to what the Japanese are doing.
and also switch the booster boxes as well, I swear I would buy more.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
I looked closer at Nidoqueen, and after further inspection, I think she's a potential card!

-After inspecting the card, I noticed the Ancient Trait she has. It almost looks like the word O Barrage. If so, I think this might be an equivalent to O Multi-Strike.

-If that is to be true, than I would say that Nidoqueen is a mighty strong card. She gets help from Dimension Valley to reduce her attacks to 1 or 2 Energy each!

-Poison Jab does 30 for 1 with Poison, and then you could use Dynamic Punch for the following effect...

-100 damage for 2 Energy, with a Poison effect and 10 damage to yourself. That's really fantastic, especially with Dragalge/Virbank!

-Or, you could use 2 Dynamic Punches in a row for 2 Energy, dealing 140 damage and 20 to yourself! That's massive!

-Even better, Muscle Band stacks with the effect, so using Jab/Punch combo will do 140 with Poison and recoil damage. Insane! Even better, 2 DYNAMIC PUNCHES FOR 180!!!

Just as a recap, Nidoqueen is a Stage 2 Pokemon that for 2 Energy can deal 180 for 2 Energy, with minor recoil. This one is an absolute monster!!!!

Reggie McGigas

-
MP Pokemon said:
My god. 160 cards?! RIP to any set collector out there. You better have your wallet ready. I'm excited for all those UR's doe :D.

Didn't Boundaries Crossed have like the same amount? Seems pretty normal for a video games' first set to have tons of cards. Even XY had nearly 150 cards.

Reggie McGigas

-
Off topic here, but is Wailord EX really the highest HP ever for a Pokemon card? (Excluding that 10,000 HP Zoroark Jumbo they made)

NameBlank

The Divine Paradise
HA559 said:
I knew Wailord would have to regain the crown of highest hp in tcg. I predicted 300hp but then revised it to 250hp in another post. But the attack is too heavy. Should have been 3 water energies required and 'Wailord cannot attack during your next turn' instead of going to sleep.

The attack sucks because the HP is super huge

Frosty

Bleh.
Wasn't the original wailord EX 200 hp, and that was back in what early 2000's?

Would make sense for it to have the highest HP again.

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
Reggie McGigas said:
Is Wailord EX really the highest HP ever for a Pokemon card? (Excluding that 10,000 HP Zoroark Jumbo they made)
It is. The previous highest was the Primals.

Kalyst

Aspiring Trainer
Soon cool. This proves that TPCI can actually sync up with Japan but won't because they want to stick to their own scehdules. Nice to know.

On a lighter note, DAT WAILORD! LOL

ThunderSloth

RI5K IT 4 DA BI5KT
Is garde psychic or fairy? If psychic, great but if fairy *sighs y u do dis TCPI

Also, wailord is the bulkiest thing in the tcg but also very fragile because of the weakness. Also has a pretty bad ability and the attack is terrible.

Aggron is well... i dont know what to say yet, you could play Mr. Mime and trick coin but still only 50-50 OHKO if you want to play this, that's great but ill be sticking to my dialgas. The only reason I would switch is if this card gets a spirit link which considering how broken it would be, I don't see that happening.

Trevenant is bad, don't even try to tell me otherwise it is just BAD. You might play it as a VirGen or Fairies tech but nothing else.

Blaziken has potential as it can largely increase fires set up but it is a stage 2 and at that you may aswell play emboar.

Crawdaunt. is. not. good. sure its a stage one but cards like crushing hammer and enhanced hammer can be used more frequently and are better at what they do as they are not limited to the active.

Carpey

Deck Experimenter
Everyone says Wailord is freakin' crazy but I think we all saw this coming for a long time. You can't just roll out a ton of overpowered 180HP Pokemon without including Wailord on the fun. But with a Grass Weakness, Megalo Cannon+Muscle Band+DeoxysEX can knock it out, and tons of people still play VirGen. The background on the card is pretty cool though. Mega AggronEX is a card that I want to play because it can get some high damage out on either side of the board. Flipping tails isn't nearly as good as heads, but isn't too bad if you splash in some Outrage Pokemon or play Mr.Mime. The only thing that would steer me away from this card is if there isn't a Spirit Link for it. TrevenantEX looks strange without purple, but it could be a surprise tech in VirGen since it has 10 more HP than all the other Pokemon (except Mega Manectric), and has more damage potential. Maybe you could close out a game by E Switching a bunch of energy to Trevenant and get a KO.

Overall super excited for Primal Clash, but I hate the yellow full art borders so much!!!!! Why couldn't they be like the Flare cards?

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
ThunderSloth said:
Is garde psychic or fairy? If psychic, great but if fairy *sighs y u do dis TCPI

Also, wailord is the bulkiest thing in the tcg but also very fragile because of the weakness. Also has a pretty bad ability and the attack is terrible.

Aggron is well... i dont know what to say yet, you could play Mr. Mime and trick coin but still only 50-50 OHKO if you want to play this, that's great but ill be sticking to my dialgas. The only reason I would switch is if this card gets a spirit link which considering how broken it would be, I don't see that happening.

Trevenant is bad, don't even try to tell me otherwise it is just BAD. You might play it as a VirGen or Fairies tech but nothing else.

Blaziken has potential as it can largely increase fires set up but it is a stage 2 and at that you may aswell play emboar.

Crawdaunt. is. not. good. sure its a stage one but cards like crushing hammer and enhanced hammer can be used more frequently and are better at what they do as they are not limited to the active.

I feel like you're contradicting everything that everyone else is saying. Anyway...

-Gardevoir will probably be Fairy. I set description said that Gaia Volcano will focus on Fighting (Groudon), Fire (?), and Metal (Aggron). Tidal Storm features Water (Kyogre), Dark (?), and Fairy (Defenitely Gardevoir)

-While the attack is, in hindsight, really bad for Wailord, I think it still works with the help of you-know-who. It's defenitely not going to replace Keldeo-EX (150 for 5 Energy) or Primal Kyogre-EX (150 for 4 Energy), but it's not the worst attack ever printed. Wailord-EX's one function will probably be a wall.

-It has already been confirmed that Spirit Links will be returning for Primal Clash. I assume for Aggron and Gardevoir only, since Groudon and Kyogre moreso form change, rather than straight Mega Evolution, despite the TCG ruling on Primals.

-Trevenant is 'okay'. It isn't as bad as you say it is, but it defenitely won't be winning any Championships anytime soon.

-Yea, you're right on Blaziken. It's outclassed by not only Emboar, but Blacksmith as well.

-Crawdaunt is a lot better than you would think. It bypasses Item Lock, doesn't waste your Supporter for the turn like Flare Grunt, and doesn't require a coinflip/exclusive to Special Energy

darkpulse24

Aspiring Trainer
As a wall, do you all mean Wailord-EX could go in hit and run decks like Gengar-EX and Donphan? Or something else?

As I see it the only way of powering it up would be through Primal Kyogre-EX. But that's powerful enough as it is. Blastoise will probably be rotated out next year.

I would like to see Wailord teamed with Hard Charm/Eviolite (if they reprint it) and Jynx FFI. That's a guaranteed damage mitigation of 20, and heal off 40 on your turns. You would need something to remove weakness though. Leavanny and Plasma Frigate are the only reliable ones (Mesprit is a bit too eccentric to pull off..) but they too will probably be rotated. Hopefully we get another weakness-removing card in the next set.

Funny idea:

Wailord-EX + Team Plasma Badge + 2-3 Umbreon PLF + Plasma Frigate + Deoxys = THE KRAKEN!!

Soon cool. This proves that TPCI can actually sync up with Japan but won't because they want to stick to their own scehdules. Nice to know.

On a lighter note, DAT WAILORD! LOL

You forgot the "THO" after WAILORD. Hehe ;)

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I believe it was stated somewhere that M. Gardevoir EX and Gardevoir EX would be fairy. The original template for M. Diancie EX that stated it had 240HP was supposed to be for M. Gardevoir EX.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
That's two three more Pokemon with a retreat cost of 4. They better get a permanent free retreat M-Aggron-EX card or something.

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
That Trevenannnnntttttt!!!! I waaaaaaannnnttttt!!!
If anyone gets it and is willing to trade, please tell me. asjdksjdklja

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
That's what I'm talking about! Wailord EX doe!!!!!! This might just get me back into the tcg to play a Wailord EX Deck.