• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Wailord and Magikarp GX/Blastoise

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (12)
2 Magikarp & Wailord-GX (TEU 161)
3 Squirtle (TEU 22)
1 Tapu Lele-GX (GRI 60)
2 Articuno (TEU 32)
3 Blastoise (TEU 25)
1 Lapras-GX (SM 35)

Supporter (12)
2 Bill's Analysis (TEU 133)
4 Cynthia (UPR 119)
1 Tate & Liza (CLS 148)
3 Guzma (BUS 115)
2 Lillie (SM 122)

Item (21)
2 Choice Band (GRI 121)
1 Energy Recycle System (CLS 128)
2 Pokémon Communication (TEU 152)
3 Aqua Patch (GRI 119)
3 Brooklet Hill (GRI 120)
4 Rare Candy (SM 129)
1 Rescue Stretcher (GRI 130)
4 Ultra Ball (SM 135)
1 Field Blower (GRI 125)

Energy (15)
15 Water Energy (CIN 124)

Hi guys.
Someone played a deck like this against me on tcgone and I thought "niiiiice!", so I tried to build it.
Obviously, the strategy consists in powering up Wailord and Magikarp in order to go for 180, or for GX if your opponent's bench is full of Jirachi, Marshadow, or not evolved mons. But there is more.

Blastoise is a great supporter: I used it more than once as a 1 prize attacker. It lets you to break past safeguards mons, and with a Choice Band it hits 180, which is pretty nice for a supporter. Squirtle is a nice pre-evolutions: with Brooklet Hill on, it has free retreat, which is good.

Articuno, fundamentally, is a Guzma stopper. But when I open with it, I use Blastoise to power it up, then I Cold Cyclone the energies to Wailord and Magikarp, or even to Blastoise itself. By hitting for 70, it kills pre-evolutions, and with a Choice Band it ohkoes Blacephalon.

The deck is fun, but I sometimes struggle to get Blastoise out on T2. Bill's Analysis and Pokemon Communication should help, but sometimes I get stuck anyway. Lapras sometimes helps with this, but at the cost of having your secondary gx attackers smiling to your opponent's energy-filled mon. Maybe I should modify the draw cards, but I found I cannot use Eriks's Hospitality that often, so I choose Tate & Liza.

Let me know what you think!

You can take advantage of wailord and magikarp huge hp and add some max potion or acerola. To conserve the energies I would try some combo like switch + quagsire. Since you will be adding another evolution pokemon it would be nice adding ditto prism star and a wartortle improving the consistency behind getting your blastoise on the bench.

Last edited:
My list played a 2-0-2 blastoise line, 3 articuno, 1 lele gx, and 2 magikarp and wailords, I played with a speedy list however with more balls and pure draw power

Back