'VMAX Rising,' Japan's February Set!

Wechselbalg

brb
Utility attacks like these on low HP pokemon that will most likely get knocked out on your opponent's next turn really should just have zero energy cost.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
It seems like everyone's hating on this card saying it's bad and all, but especially as a common this is really something you want to pull for prerelease :p

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
HEEE'S BACK.

I think, if they want us to throw away piles of old Double Colorless Energy and sell us a new variant, there needs to be a damn good reason. However, I am not sure how I feel about this type of balance yet. It definitely allows them to balance Vs and basics differently, but it won't be that big of a deal with Frostmoths and Welders flying around.

And, to be honest, I enjoyed the format without DCE. DCE didn't bring much complexity to neither deckbuilding nor gameplay, but it added a hell of randomness.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Twin Energy - Unfortunately, it is DCE for Single-Prized Pokemon. Like Counter Energy, it will see play and many decks will take advantage of this. Although again, we don't have DCE,this is the only thing we have. 5 Geodudes
  • Sandaconda V - Considering that F has poor energy accel, I don't think flat 220 won't be enough to spam. If we exclude that, 220 can be 290 and KOs majority of targets. 4 Geodudes I can't wait for Beyblade Sandconda because if that Sandaconda VMAX is good, this one will be.
  • Vikavolt - From the paper itself, 60+20x for 3 is ehh on a Stage 2 until UNB Charjabug came in. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Galarian Sirfetch'd - Air Balloon then spam 180-240 for 3. Actually....yeah 3! 3-4 Geodudes
  • Milo - Roller Skater or this? Milo will make absolutely pointless unless there some reasons. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Training Court - Better than Viridian Forest once that rotates? 4-5 Geodudes

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
  • Milo - Roller Skater or this? Milo will make absolutely pointless unless there some reasons. 3-4 Geodudes
I don't think this is pointless. Being able to discard two specific cards you want in your discard pile to then also draw four can be powerful in the right deck. Put metal in the discard for future Metal Saucer-ing and draw 4, oh look a Metal Saucer. Or hey, you just thinned your hand so you can use Silvally GX's Disk Reload:)

• Training Court - Better than Viridian Forest once that rotates? 4-5 Geodudes
Viridian Forest also lets you discard a card (again, sees a lot of use in decks that want specific things in the discard) and lets you pull out energy from the deck. Training Court only grabs stuff from the discard, so if it's not in there you're kinda SOL. It will indeed see play but I don't think it's better than Viridian Forest.

Sorry to pick on those points, just my two cents.

Wechselbalg

brb
I don't think this is pointless. Being able to discard two specific cards you want in your discard pile to then also draw four can be powerful in the right deck. Put metal in the discard for future Metal Saucer-ing and draw 4, oh look a Metal Saucer. Or hey, you just thinned your hand so you can use Silvally GX's Disk Reload:)

Sophocles did basically the same thing and it saw zero play so no, Milo is not good, especially now that the "discard hand draw 7" card is also back. The only difference between Sophocles and Milo is that Milo lets you discard only 1 and then draw 2 which is a very underwhelming effect. (With Sophocles you always had to discard 2 and draw 4.)